• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Tuoko

After the red hexagons were mentioned it got me thinking of a Volcanion and Zygarde fusion. xD

I'm hoping it's a Generation 6.5 Pokemon or w/e.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
We have the original games coming on the 3DS Virtual Console.

The Gen 1 remake will probably happen 5 years from now, when Pokemon celebrate its Silver Anniversary.

Do you suddenly expect RBY VC to suddenly disappear after 5 years? VC releases are likely to be around permanently, so I think RBY VC means they won't be making 1st gen remakes ever again. Sequels on the other hand, though...

I think it's time for older games to get the BW2 treatment, and with VC versions of the original they're perfectly justified in doing so. They can release a Red 2/Green 2 or whatever and bundle RBY and maybe GSC VC with it so players can experience the original games and catch up on the story.

Creyk

I think it's time for older games to get the BW2 treatment, and with VC versions of the original they're perfectly justified in doing so. They can release a Red 2/Green 2 or whatever and bundle RBY and maybe GSC VC with it so players can experience the original games and catch up on the story.

This so much.
However, it would create the problem of changing the Gym leaders. The gen 1 leaders are kind of iconic and remembered (misty, brock, sabrina, the others somewhat less), so I wonder if there would be problems if they weren't Gym leaders anymore. Just make those 3 parts of the elite 4 and thats a good solution to it.

phanpycross

God-king
This so much.
However, it would create the problem of changing the Gym leaders. The gen 1 leaders are kind of iconic and remembered (misty, brock, sabrina, the others somewhat less), so I wonder if there would be problems if they weren't Gym leaders anymore. Just make those 3 parts of the elite 4 and thats a good solution to it.
Misty and Brock replacing Lorelei and Bruno would be the dream. Heck, Misty is iconic enough that people prolly wouldnt even mind her being champion (althrough Id be fine if we never get another water champion).

NotoriousHD

Bolt of the Cat has some business plans! I'd buy into that. I'd love a return to Kanto and perhaps have things changed as the universe has expanded. G/S/C introduced some new members to the Kanto E4 and I think it gives the opportunity to expand the pokemon base and revisit much loved figures from Pokemon. Modern Pokemon games have a storyline and a narrative that you learn as the game progresses. Again, a return to Kanto would be nice to see how things have changed post Mega evolution. Imagine a battle frontier where you could face previous game champions or iconic figures...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Do you suddenly expect RBY VC to suddenly disappear after 5 years? VC releases are likely to be around permanently, so I think RBY VC means they won't be making 1st gen remakes ever again. Sequels on the other hand, though...

I am fully aware that Virtual Consoles are long term. And I also prefer a sequel, too.
But I'm not completely closing the probability of a Gen 1 remake. Who knows what GF will do... they are really unpredictable nowadays.

R_N

I think that the existence of RBY on VC means they will never do another RB remake is kind of...shortsighted?

I mean, geeze, even if FRLG were put up on VC it's not like that's the end-all be-all for the games. God knows FRLG had plenty of missed opportunity and has plenty of ways to be reworked 3 generations later (4...5... you get the point), much less RBY's...everything.

it'd be kind of fun if the next game pair was somehow Kalos 2 & Kanto 2 (...3?)

Serene Havoc

I called up the local EB games and it seems like New Zealand is not getting the Mew event.
Very sad.

Master_Tyrell

I am fully aware that Virtual Consoles are long term. And I also prefer a sequel, too.
But I'm not completely closing the probability of a Gen 1 remake. Who knows what GF will do... they are really unpredictable nowadays.

I agree. Also, they can even use the new storyline of Mega Evolution and make a Kanto remake and how it would've played out in a world with them. They can get quite creative and bring a new experience to the original storyline.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
I don't want Kanto remakes anytime soon. I think we've had enough milk from that nostalgia cow, plus Sinnoh would probably benefit more from getting remade.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I think that the existence of RBY on VC means they will never do another RB remake is kind of...shortsighted?

I mean, geeze, even if FRLG were put up on VC it's not like that's the end-all be-all for the games. God knows FRLG had plenty of missed opportunity and has plenty of ways to be reworked 3 generations later (4...5... you get the point), much less RBY's...everything.

it'd be kind of fun if the next game pair was somehow Kalos 2 & Kanto 2 (...3?)

Part of the point in a remake is to make the games accessible to a new audience that never got the chance to buy the original. If the original is already available then there's less incentive to buy the remake in the first place. They can do all of what you said in a sequel, and they'd be better off for it since it has more potential and would be more distinct than a re-remake.

Pokemon Power

As I said, Red, Blue and Yellow on the 3DS VC is close enough. I wish Nintendo would give us more information about the price, I'm trying to budget my money between all three of them, the Smash Bros. DLC, the new Pokemon badges at the Nintendo Badge Arcade, and a gift for a relative's birthday.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I am annoyed that New Zealand is excluded from the monthly events but I should of expected this to happen. As for the 20th anniversary, we got RBY on virtual console which makes remakes pointless and Z should be the main series game to be announced.

R_N

As I said, Red, Blue and Yellow on the 3DS VC is close enough. I wish Nintendo would give us more information about the price, I'm trying to budget my money between all three of them, the Smash Bros. DLC, the new Pokemon badges at the Nintendo Badge Arcade, and a gift for a relative's birthday.

? We've known about the price. $10 each

DotKU

Champion
New art of Classic Red teased in this advertisement for a new Red figurine. Why the hell is there new Trainer art for Classic Red?
"Kotobukiya produces collectables, and the original source says this is the "beginning of Pocket Monsters series figures, with a modern revival of the legendary trainer Red."
moonlitsaki.com/2016/01/kotobukiya-teases-wonder-festival-2016-winter-exhibition-items-sakura-taisen-shinguji-sakura-more.html

What if they are planning to incorporate Red into the next 6th generation game as a nice tie in to the 20th anniversary.