• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Probably explains why we haven't got another duo region games. Might be for the best. Right now, corocoro news is slowly drawing nearer but it would be about the movie.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
This too. I think it's best to give each region its own distinct experience, shackling Kanto and Johto together prevents them from giving the regions a sense of individuality.

I suppose, but all the arguments about how GSC/HGSS weren't as fleshed out for reasons is so insane to me. Honestly, SoulSilver is my favorite game in the entire franchise. I didn't feel it lacked in almost any department. I'm not meaning to say that the argument doesn't exist, but I didn't notice it a bit.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I suppose, but all the arguments about how GSC/HGSS weren't as fleshed out for reasons is so insane to me. Honestly, SoulSilver is my favorite game in the entire franchise. I didn't feel it lacked in almost any department. I'm not meaning to say that the argument doesn't exist, but I didn't notice it a bit.

The region is one of if not the smallest in the series, with the lowest number of routes and not a lot of optional areas. The region could use a significant expansion. And that's not even getting into the problems with the Johto Dex and storyline. Kanto could also use a few new areas and similar dex and storyline expansions for that matter.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I mean, to be fair, some of the issues with Johto don't necessarily stem from being it being one healthy part of an already complete breakfast, but including Kanto restricts what they can do with both regions; if putting two regions into a game can be done feasibly without adverse effects, GSC isn't how it's done.

Ever notice how Gen II still only has about as many dungeons as other generations, and the dungeons it does have are frequently devoid of Trainers? Doing so restricts leveling to the point where you can still maintain progression and growth of your party throughout the whole game, but it also neuters some of the games' challenge and results in Kanto being cleared in the space of a few hours; without the dungeons' challenge, most of the region is essentially open, and much of Kanto essentially comes down to hunting down GLs in rapid succession.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I do recall Masuda(?) saying that they can include all the regions into one game if they want. But they'd rather not... unless it can be done in an interesting way.

If we could come up with a way to really make that interesting, then it’s something we’d implement – but for me, personally, as a theory, I think it would be more fun for us all to enjoy different locations and then share that experience together than all have the same experience in the same region. — Junichi Masuda
Source: Q&A session on Twitter back in 2014

They wanted each game to have just one region so players would be able to focus and fully explore its environment, get to know its people, as well as the Pokemon that live around it, and learn about its culture, myths and legends.

I think this is one of the reasons why the recent regions are no longer connected, and is now based on different countries.
Having one region in each game shluld be unrelated to if the regions have relations and connections to each other. An overarching plot and lore between regionsbwould be mice, and I prefer what they had going with the first four regions then what we have now. I will be deeply disappointed if we have yet another region with another route 1. Give us route 30 in another European region or somethingnin America again.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
In the US, we can get a Serial code for Mew at Gamestop, but exactly how? Do we need to purchase something? How exactly can I get a code?

R_N

In the US, we can get a Serial code for Mew at Gamestop, but exactly how? Do we need to purchase something? How exactly can I get a code?

they should have them in a box at the counter. If they aren't just freely available, ask the employees.
Gamestops shouldn't necessarily require you purchase something, since hte idea is you come in for a free thing and see something you like at some point in the store

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

they should have them in a box at the counter. If they aren't just freely available, ask the employees.
Gamestops shouldn't necessarily require you purchase something, since hte idea is you come in for a free thing and see something you like at some point in the store

For the UK, with GAME, you DO need to ask Store Clerk, as the codes are printed on a receipt on demand. Please remember to state how many codes you want to get, or else you will only get one. Don't get greedy though: They do have a limit on how many codes they can get at anyone time.

EDIT: Rank UP!

Torpoleon

As of December 31, 2015, ORAS has sold 11.46 million copies worldwide and XY is at 14.46 million copies. Pretty impressive, considering the install base on the 3DS. Hopeful that XY will cross 15 million soon and I could actually see ORAS cross 12 million. I think more than 12 million would put ORAS above FRLG, though I can't see it beating HGSS, which is at 12.72 million. At least the remakes remain consistent sales-wise.

I do wish Nintendo stated how much Super Mystery Dungeon has sold. I figured it would have been an easy million seller, especially with no main series game announced yet. Maybe it will cross one million (if it hasn't already) after the European release.

Kein

AKA Silktree
I do wish Nintendo stated how much Super Mystery Dungeon has sold. I figured it would have been an easy million seller, especially with no main series game announced yet. Maybe it will cross one million (if it hasn't already) after the European release.
It definitely hasn't crossed one million, with only around 300,000 units sold in Japan according to Famitsu. It fell off the charts going into 2016.

LizardonX

Banned
It's a shame too.

The gameplay is pretty good although I wasn't a fan of the awful pacing of the story and overly kiddy atmosphere for 3/4s of the game.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Yeah, I think the fact that it hasn't come out in Europe yet really hurts it, but it should easily pass 1 million after that point.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
As of December 31, 2015, ORAS has sold 11.46 million copies worldwide and XY is at 14.46 million copies. Pretty impressive, considering the install base on the 3DS. Hopeful that XY will cross 15 million soon and I could actually see ORAS cross 12 million. I think more than 12 million would put ORAS above FRLG, though I can't see it beating HGSS, which is at 12.72 million. At least the remakes remain consistent sales-wise.

I am pleased to see those numbers! Gen VI, as a whole was attacked for selling less than previous generations, and I am glad to see this is slowly being debunked by the numbers.

Could somebody oost the sales numbers of all the games?

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I am pleased to see those numbers! Gen VI, as a whole was attacked for selling less than previous generations, and I am glad to see this is slowly being debunked by the numbers.

Could somebody oost the sales numbers of all the games?

Red&Blue - 31/23.64 Million
Gold&Silver - 23 Million
Ruby&Sapphire 16.22
Diamond&Pearl - 17.67
Black&White - 15.58
X&Y - 14,46

Yellow - 8,86
Crystal - 3,85
Emerald - 6,32
Platinum - 7,69
Black2&White2 - 7,97

FireRed&LeafGreen - 11.82
HeartGold&SoulSilver - 12.72
OmegaRuby&Alpha Sapphire - 11,46

Yeah Gen VI sales are extremly good for the 55 million console 3DS. Percent wise the best selling pokemon games to date.
Also OR/AS could still surpass HG/SS, since there's still no new pokemon main game that outshadow OR/AS sales.

Last edited:

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
Red&Blue - 23.64 Million
Gold&Silver - 23 Million
Ruby&Sapphire 16.22
Diamond&Pearl - 17.67
Black&White - 15.58
X&Y - 14,46

Yellow - 8,86
Crystal - 3,85
Emerald - 6,32
Platinum - 7,69
Black2&White2 - 7,97

FireRed&LeafGreen - 11.82
HeartGold&SoulSilver - 12.72
OmegaRuby&Alpha Sapphire - 11,46

Yeah Gen VI sales are extremly good for the 55 million console 3DS. Percent wise the best selling pokemon games to date.
Also OR/AS could still surpass HG/SS, since there's still no new pokemon main game that outshadow OR/AS sales.

Thanks for the list! :)

A few things I see:

- Pokemania seems to have faded with GS. The difference in sales between Crystal and Yellow is huge.
- Third version sales have been increasingly selling better ever since Crystal.
- I am especially pleased to see how ORAS is selling more and more. If it outsales FRLG it would be an enormous success, considering how much more popular gen I and II are than the rest of generations.
- Will XY reach BW? And will ORAS reach HGSS?

I wonder what the Gen VI haters think now. Gen VI games are selling better than past gens.

Last edited:

Kein

AKA Silktree
- Pokemania really faded with GS. The difference in sales between Crystal and Yellow is huge.
It's also wrong. The only games from the first two generations that have official sales numbers are Gold and Silver, since those were cited in 2009 for HGSS' announcement. No way did Crystal sell that low, and it also goes without saying that the gap between Red/Green/Blue and Gold/Silver was bigger than a mere 640,000 units.

Last edited:

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
It's also wrong. The only games from the first two generations that have official sales numbers are Gold and Silver, since those were cited in 2009 for HGSS' announcement. No way did Crystal sell that low, and it also goes without saying that the gap between Red/Green/Blue and Gold/Silver was bigger than a mere 640,000 units.

So those numbers are made up in your opinion? I doubt it.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

I have seen some sources list RBG with sales of about 31 million, which does seem more reasonable. Maybe they'll release full sales figures this year, as a way to celebrate the anniversary. I'm also curious to see how the series as a whole is doing, sales-wise.