• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Not just a cell phone, but an app-enabled smart phone.

I don't have one.

Well I said most lol. And you can get an new phone for cheaper then a 3DS and 2DS these days so it's not like you need to buy a 500 dollar phone to use the app.

Firebrand

Indomitable
http://assets.pokemon.com/assets/cms2/img/video-games/video-games/pokemon_go/169.jpg

That moment when you realize Go is likely going to play a big oart with these games. Specifically talking about how there is a similar motif of the earth's curvature and the space beyond within the game titles.

I think that's grasping at straws. Like people said, it's probably more just a way to show that it's a global thing. I don't think it'd be a good idea to have Go and the main series too closely related, honestly. With the rare exception (the Manaphy egg is the only thing that comes to mind, bar some promos like Nobunaga's Rayquaza) the spinoffs have always been separate entities. While it may change the way people approach the franchise, I doubt it will change the way the game is played.

We all shall agree on one thing, nothing will top the X/Y Pre Hype

Dude, "HOENN CONFIRMED!!!!1!!!!*TRUMPET SOUNDS*!!!!111!!" literally just happened. I got the sense those games were way more hyped than XY especially when they unveiled a bunch of new megas.

So is Pokemon Sun and Moon confirmed gen 6 or 7 games? Don't know if these games are real or not but I hope they involve Zygarde and are still a part of generation 6.

We don't know yet. Got to wait a few more hours. And with all the hard evidence we have (registered trademarks and logos), they're very likely legit

Someone said that Sun/Moon will be the Gold/Silver to X/Y and you know what, that's what i am thinking, we are probably going to get more Pokemon this gen due to being odd numbered but it will still be connected to Kalos being post game.

Gen VI is an even numbered gen, what do you mean by this?

DotKU

Champion
This is honestly what I'm expecting, and what I hope. It doesn't make sense to me if we just jump to Gen 7 yet, not with the focus we've had on Zygarde. For all we know it's a "Johto done properly" this time and we do have something new, and that's why they're under a different name. Or as per usual, the different name is just a signal that they're trying something very different here. Lots of questions but I hope they just don't gloss over Zygarde here, that wouldn't make any sense.

This is my sentiments 100%. I still don't believe we are done with Kalos, and that maybe like B2W2, these games will focus more on connecting Southern Kalos to the bigger picture.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Gen VI is an even numbered gen, what do you mean by this?
If these games are the next gen, Gen 7, then they would be generation starters of an odd generation.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
So the Kanto online competition gives you a Dragonite that knows Barrier, like Lance's in Red/Blue. Do you guys think Barrier could become an egg move, or will it just be an event-only move, similar to the event Gengar learning Sludge Wave?

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Here's my theory: Perfect Zygarde has 5 crystals at its chest, coloured Red, Orange, White, Purple and Blue. Let's just dismiss the white one, and we have Red, Orange, Purple and Blue. Let's think that Red and Blue represent the two Zygarde Cores currently introduced, who have DNA of Yveltal and Xerneas respectively, what about the Orange and Purple ones you ask? They are two new cores which have DNA of the Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon mascots respectively, which would all come together nicely to bring harmony to Kalos, with one representing each of the five regions in Kalos, two new ones, Eastern and Southern Kalos, introduced and featured in Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Here's my theory: Perfect Zygarde has 5 crystals at its chest, coloured Red, Orange, White, Purple and Blue. Let's just dismiss the white one, and we have Red, Orange, Purple and Blue. Let's think that Red and Blue represent the two Zygarde Cores currently introduced, who have DNA of Yveltal and Xerneas respectively, what about the Orange and Purple ones you ask? They are two new cores which have DNA of the Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon mascots respectively, which would all come together nicely to bring harmony to Kalos, with one representing each of the five regions in Kalos, two new ones, Eastern and Southern Kalos, introduced and featured in Pokemon Sun and Moon.
That's a good theory, and makes me think about the possibility of each game starting in two different regions, Sun in the Southern region, and Moon in the Eastern, or vice-versa.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So the Kanto online competition gives you a Dragonite that knows Barrier, like Lance's in Red/Blue. Do you guys think Barrier could become an egg move, or will it just be an event-only move, similar to the event Gengar learning Sludge Wave?

Event only. Have to keep the Dragonite special, right?

That's....... actually a good theory.

GamingBoulevard

Triforce Guard
Lolz moon? sun? XDSchermafbeelding 2016-02-25 om 22.52.42.jpg

Already been mentioned (including by myself), surprisingly I'm all for this. The link makes sense - I don't think those colours would just be random.

On another note, what does everyone expect from tomorrow's Direct assuming that Sun and Moon are the games that we're getting?

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...

for that matter, do you think the two new legendaries in SM will still be related with the Nordic Mythology? There are other entidies in the TREE than the eagle, the snake and the stag I think

for that matter, do you think the two new legendaries in SM will still be related with the Nordic Mythology? There are other entidies in the TREE than the eagle, the snake and the stag I think

Think this has already been brought up. In Norse mythology, there are both a Sun wolf and a Moon wolf (really hoping they aren't wolf Pokémon though...)

http://norse-mythology.org/skoll-hati/

Well, Yggdrasil is "Odin's horse" in Norse. How tight would it be if one of the cover legends was a horse based on the moon? A night-mare.

I'm pretty sure Yggdrasil is the tree...

Last edited:

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader

Well, Yggdrasil is "Odin's horse" in Norse. How tight would it be if one of the cover legends was a horse based on the moon? A night-mare.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
On another note, what does everyone expect from tomorrow's Direct assuming that Sun and Moon are the games that we're getting?

I'm expecting a quick recap on the 20th anniversary, Pokken's release date, maybe a quick mention of Detective Pikachu and Pokemon GO, and then a small teaser at the end, showcasing Sun and Moon logo's (best-case scenario is a quick montage like X/Y's trailer). Pokemon.com said to visit the website after the Direct, so I'm assuming they'll go a bit more in-depth in an article afterward.

Event only. Have to keep the Dragonite special, right?

I'm not opposed to that, except if it doesn't have a guaranteed 3 IV's system... Then there's no way to get a good Dragonite with the move. (Not to mention Barrier would go best with a Multiscale setup)

Last edited:

eworm

^I'm hoping for a reveal similar to the one XY got - meaning starters, cover legends and some random footage. With rooms that all look like possible Gyms, what types are those, WHAT TYPES IS THAT A DARK TYPE GYM.
You know. That.

I'm expecting a quick recap on the 20th anniversary, Pokken's release date, maybe a quick mention of Detective Pikachu and Pokemon GO, and then a small teaser at the end, showcasing Sun and Moon logo's (best-case scenario is a quick montage like X/Y's trailer). Pokemon.com said to visit the website after the Direct, so I'm assuming they'll go a bit more in-depth in an article afterward.

Agree about the Anniversary, they even covered a lot of it in the 1.8.2013 Direct for XY. Agree with Pokken too, and possibly GO, but doubting we'll get news on a Detective Pikachu at this point (considering localisation and stuff - be a big deal to show him with an English voice I guess).

I really hope it isn't just the logos...

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
Think this has already been brought up. In Norse mythology, there are both a Sun wolf and a Moon wolf (really hoping they aren't wolf Pokémon though...)

for the other's this link descrives so:
"Skoll and Hati are two wolves who are only mentioned in passing references that have to do with their pursuing Sol and Mani, the sun and moon, through the sky in hopes of devouring them"

My God I didn't have knowledge of these wolves but it fits just perfectly. I only know about the Squirrel. However, if it is connected, Zygarde needs the cores of Xerneas, Yveltal and both SM Wolves wich fits just fine for me ^^

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Why? It'd be more unique than another bird like Yveltal(He's my favorite legend of this gen, nothing against him)
We've yet to have a wolf legendary.