• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Think this has already been brought up. In Norse mythology, there are both a Sun wolf and a Moon wolf (really hoping they aren't wolf Pokémon though...)

for the other's this link descrives so:
"Skoll and Hati are two wolves who are only mentioned in passing references that have to do with their pursuing Sol and Mani, the sun and moon, through the sky in hopes of devouring them"

My God I didn't have knowledge of these wolves but it fits just perfectly. I only know about the Squirrel. However, if it is connected, Zygarde needs the cores of Xerneas, Yveltal and both SM Wolves wich fits just fine for me ^^
>Two wolves

Maybe they really will do a reincarnation of Umbreon and Espeon, like they did with Eevee's original three.

Also sounds like the mythology could coincide with the plot. The wolf/Team Whatever of each version will try to "devour" their respective object (sun/moon), which would disrupt the ecosystem, triggering Perfect Zygarde's intervention.

Last edited:
Why? It'd be more unique than another bird like Yveltal(He's my favorite legend of this gen, nothing against him)
We've yet to have a wolf legendary.

I'm not totally against it, I guess it just depends on how they turn out. If I'm 17 hours time I'm screaming about how awesome there designs might be, then I take it back.

However, the Sun and Moon are very big concepts to handle in a legendary. Now, it makes some sort of sense for Kalos to have a Norse influence despite being based on France, but if it's a different area in Western Europe (Spain, Italy, etc) it would seem out of place.

It's a more interesting proposition than getting dragon types again, though. And I love dragon types.

phanpycross

God-king
Sure you're not mixing up Yggdrasil with Sleipnir?
Im not up on my ancient norse, but Yggdrasil defo has nothing to do with Odin's horse, which is indeed Sleipnir.

That being said, a Sleipnir(along with ratatoskr and Goldenbrush)pokemon would be tight AF.

Master_Tyrell

Really happy with all the other trademarks popping up and the link for the page linking to the pokémon website. I think that confirms quite a bit that these are the official titles and that the games are legit.

I can't wait to know what this new games have in store, gosh!! I would love a sneak of the starters (if they are a new gen or, at least, like Johto) the cover legendaries and a bit of gameplay to see the overworld. Gosh, waiting is hard!!

GamingBoulevard

Triforce Guard
I can see a Mega Rapidash filling that gap :p With Solar beam and Moon blast :p
But I'd rather have wolf legendaries tho :)

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
>Two wolves

Maybe they really will do a reincarnation of Umbreon and Espeon, like they did with Eevee's original three.

Also sounds like the mythology could coincide with the plot. The wolf/Team Whatever of each version will try to "devour" their respective object (sun/moon), which would disrupt the ecosystem, triggering Perfect Zygarde's intervention.
The Beasts being reincarnations of the original Eeveelutions has never been confirmed. It's fanon.

Decent fanon, but still fanon.

Arceusgamer14

Uhh the Moon symbol doesn't look like a particular moon does it? (if you know what I mean) Because I don't know what Pokémon would have a inspiration based on the Moon besides the "you know what moon"

Ulicies

Mild Monk
The Beasts being reincarnations of the original Eeveelutions has never been confirmed. It's fanon.

Decent fanon, but still fanon.
You are right, but the dog trio arguably shares a resemblance to the three Eevee's, and I believe it's not only possible, but also would be fitting to design the two Sun/Moon legendaries with Espeon/Umbreon in mind.

eworm

I'm suddenly realizing neither Sun nor Moon sound like they could have a Poison-type cover legend... Dang.

Well, there are still non-cover legendaries and Mythicals (hopefully not too many though).

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
I'm not totally against it, I guess it just depends on how they turn out. If I'm 17 hours time I'm screaming about how awesome there designs might be, then I take it back.

However, the Sun and Moon are very big concepts to handle in a legendary. Now, it makes some sort of sense for Kalos to have a Norse influence despite being based on France, but if it's a different area in Western Europe (Spain, Italy, etc) it would seem out of place.

It's a more interesting proposition than getting dragon types again, though. And I love dragon types.

I love the theory I referred to previowsly but I'm just hopping for the legendaries to look different. I mean... I like wolves (A LOT!) but being two I'm afraid the designs will look too similar like raikou, suicune and entei. I wanted something more like XY. Completely diffrent legendaries ^^

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Phew, finally read all the stuff I missed here. Anyways, POKEMON SUN MOON HYPE. (If it's true) I'm certain that it will take place in a new region, be gen 7, and will let you travel back to Kalos. As for extra details, I'm guessing either:

1. Completely new legend mascots, but will still have Zygarde in the games.
2. New legend mascots again, but Z will also be released sometime this year (most likely before Sun and Moon).
3. Two Zygardes will be the mascot. If you notice, Zygarde Complete has five different colored hexagon, and I'm guessing it's each to represent a Core. Given how the next region might be based off Spain, which is close to France, I'm thinking that the Zygardes protect both Kalos and the new region. The blue and red Core protect Kalos, while the orange (Sun) and purple (Moon) protect the other region, while the white one is just the leader.
4. New legend mascots, but the orange and purple Cores have a relation to them (like how the blue and red cores most likely have a connection to Yveltal and Xerneas), and gen 7 will have some sort of third version with Zygarde, finally giving the guy(s) the spotlight.

Also, Team Flare will probably return in these games as well.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
I'm suddenly realizing neither Sun nor Moon sound like they could have a Poison-type cover legend... Dang.

Well, there are still non-cover legendaries and Mythicals (hopefully not too many though).
I have a feeling that these new games are going to open the legendary floodgates that X/Y suspiciously neglected upon.

Bariokie

rock dog
Only reason I think it could be Gen VII is because they are doing a direct for it and Sun&Moon doesn't fit Kalos qua names.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Also, Team Flare will probably return in these games as well.

Villain team returning as been done before. I'd like the new games to have an entirely new team.

Villain team returning as been done before. I'd like the new games to have an entirely new team.

Depends. If Kalos is post game, then having Flare as opposition could make perfect sense. We haven't really had a post-game filled with an evil team.

Entirely new or not.
Make the rivals and evil teams hard to beat this time..
Also remove EXP share till 8th gym

Or, you know...just turn it off.

Master_Tyrell

Depends. If Kalos is post game, then having Flare as opposition could make perfect sense. We haven't really had a post-game filled with an evil team.

Would be amazing (although it would mean a long space between some gyms, I guess) if some plots of the story require us to travel to Kalos (if it appears) and back. For example, the main villain of the new region is causing things, but Team Flare does something in Kalos that affects this new region and it forces us to go there and fix some issues there to be able to proceed. :D

However, that would mean a lot of travelling (which can be fixed with trains) and big spaces of no gym and such.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I'm late seeing the news but WOW. I was not expecting anything to be leaked/revealed/whatever you want to call this. I would've bet on us getting a Pokémon Z, but I guess I'm wrong. I guess the theory that sounds the most, uh, sound to me is the one where these games take place in a new part of Kalos/a region connected to Kalos, of which Zygarde also effects. It has gotten to much attention to not have a major role in these games. But we won't have to theorize a little over 14 hours from now. I'm so pumped up for this!!!!!