• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Entirely new or not.
Make the rivals and evil teams hard to beat this time..
Also remove EXP share till 8th gym

A "difficulty" option would fix part of that. Would be nice for Pokemon to finally have it.

And you can just turn off EXP share. Nobody's making you use it.

Depends. If Kalos is post game, then having Flare as opposition could make perfect sense. We haven't really had a post-game filled with an evil team.

Or, you know...just turn it off.

Lysandre's dead and Xerosic's reformed, I forget what the girls were doing after the game. Nobody's around to pick up the pieces, unless we get an evil female leader for once, Malva perhaps.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I looked at the font with the Sun/Moon logos, and they look like they are going back to B/W aesthetics, rather than the abstract X/Y.

Would be amazing (although it would mean a long space between some gyms, I guess) if some plots of the story require us to travel to Kalos (if it appears) and back. For example, the main villain of the new region is causing things, but Team Flare does something in Kalos that affects this new region and it forces us to go there and fix some issues there to be able to proceed. :D

However, that would mean a lot of travelling (which can be fixed with trains) and big spaces of no gym and such.

My lines of thinking was that we could see a new team with a new leader, etc. We beat them in the new region. The leader vanishes...

We then go over to Kalos, beat the first three or four gyms, and then you hear whispers of an evil team (Flare) that's re-emerging. However, when you start to investigate, you stumble upon the leader of the new team...as a Flare Executive. He can be the new face of Flare, serving under the injured Lysandre, who will come into the plot later on. Team Flare also had quite a bit of money when you think about it: team members paid to join, their base was in the middle of the most luxurious city of Kalos, etc. They could have easily funded a subsidiary team as far as I'm aware, but that's just what I'd like to see.

The climax can be in the mountains of Southern Kalos (bordering what I hope is a Spanish region), meaning members of the new team can come back here.

But anyways, I have a bit to say about the logos...

Bariokie

rock dog
I hope this takes place before XY tbh.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
A bit late to the discussion but wow... that's a bit unexpected, but people still saw it coming.

Interesting. That we're hitting Gen 7 (?) already.
Most likely this region is the one teased by the tourist. The one with a great battle facility and the origin of the Strange Souvenir.

A part of me still wishes that this just Z split up. XY has a lot of room for improvement.
Well, if this is actually Gen 7, I still wish that we revisit Kalos for post-game and Episode Z.

Obvious Solrock and Lunatone Evolutions/Megas incoming?

Feline

Why?
If they do Sun and Moon, it could be space themed. That's my guess. Sounds pretty interesting for the 20th anniversary.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
You know, it's interesting they would yet again take red (orange)/blue as a color scheme. Why not take something like yellow and pale purple for sun and moon ?

If Sun and Moon happen to be real, I wouldn't jump on the Generation VII train just yet. It still could be sequels/prequels to XY. There is a lot of unexplored things in XY, I don't see how they could just go past AZ's Floette, Zygarde's two unobtainable moves and many of Zygarde's secrets showing up left and right in the anime.

Gabry00023

These Pokémo S&M "leaks" sound so cool. I really hope it's Zygarde, but I won't be really bothered if it is gen VII. I just want a new main game xD

So, did Drew Barrymore organize the Pokémon soiree event or was she encharged of conducting it? I'm kinda confused, but if it is the former it's cool knowing she likes Pokémon, after Ansel Elgort and Nate Irving (actually I don't know much about american football, so I don't know if he is really popular, but it's funny anyways).

Lysandre's dead and Xerosic's reformed, I forget what the girls were doing after the game. Nobody's around to pick up the pieces, unless we get an evil female leader for once, Malva perhaps.
Lysandre's fate seemed fairly open to interpretation to me. Especially in X were the weapon was supposed to grant you and him eternal life in the final stand.
Pretty sure. I didn't say Yggdrasil was Odin's horse, just that it's the Norse translation of the word.
Oh I see where you're coming from. Although the translation is correct, a better one would be "Odin's gallows" if you ask me. It fits a lot better thematically with Odin hanging himself from a tree to gain mastery of runes and their knowledge.

Last edited:

Bariokie

rock dog
You know, it's interesting they would yet again take red (orange)/blue as a color scheme. Why not take something like yellow and pale purple for sun and moon ?

If Sun and Moon happen to be real, I wouldn't jump on the Generation VII train just yet. It still could be sequels/prequels to XY. There is a lot of unexplored things in XY, I don't see how they could just go past AZ's Floette, Zygarde's two unobtainable moves and many of Zygarde's secrets showing up left and right in the anime.

They technically did orange/gold vs grey and red and blue are primary colors. Not that odd tbh.

BLADEDGE

loves a puzzle
did i ever mention I created a Hypothetical G7 Pokemon Game (Called Sun & Moon) a few months ago BEFORE this was announced?

Ichneumon

I'll just leave it there

View attachment 15268

View attachment 15270

It's very likely they will be the ones on the boxes (20th anniversary...etc)

On the one hand I would find it cheap to have the mega-evolutions of already existing Pokemon on the box-art, but on the other hand, I do see that they just can't continue adding large quantities of new Pokemon every generation.

ebevan91

did i ever mention I created a Hypothetical G7 Pokemon Game (Called Sun & Moon) a few months ago BEFORE this was announced?

You did and so have several reddit users apparently.

Marsalevsky

Shiny Collector

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Honestly, I hope something other than Charizard is on the covers. It's a great/popular Pokemon, yeah, but I'm sick of seeing it literally everywhere

I agree only in the sense that I would prefer new and more .... mythical (not legend) type pokemon as a box art. However if this is correct (not sayin' it is) then it makes sense. Charizard is very popular.

Neilandio

If the S&M legendaries do turn out to be based on Skoll and Hati, I would expect the third legendary to be Zygarde 10%, since that one is based on the Fenrir which is the father of Skoll and Hati.