• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

evernic

I thought I heard a missunderstanding, but the the lady, as one of the speakers, said "Porkemon". :p Also nice for the original music to be played.

Swick

The Super Queen
Who else is annoyed that the 3rd fire starter in a row evolves into fire/fighting?

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
WHAT?! Can't they come up with any new ideas? I mean twice in a row was a little much, but three is ridiculous!

halloweenghost

I guess I was a bit late on checking at the official site. Missed the parade watch. Thanksgiving day was a busy day so didn't have time to check.

As for the Darkrai movie, I already watched it 3 times and im sick of it now....not really. I'll watch it if there's nothing on TV to watch. And as for the D/P series coming out each morning, I would probably watch the ones that I missed on seeing.

Hmm, December will be an interesting month.

nike ninja

Say what now?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Why is only Australia getting a PokePark Wii Party? It's not fair; I would have thought that with all the events in the U.S. in the past, we'd at least get the same treatment haha. Anyway it said Pikachu will make an appearance, does that mean a Pikachu event distribution or just some guy in a Pikachu costume?

Obviously some person in a costume.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
The new Japanese Pokemon game sounds weird. It teaches Japanese kids English with Pokemon. Sounds boring if you ask me.

BCVM22

Putting aside the risk one runs when ending a post like that - that being the risk, of course, of someone pointing out that no one did in fact ask you - I bet you that when they were designing the game as language teaching software for young Japanese kids trying to learn English, they were real concerned as to whether an English-speaking fan on the Internet was going to find it boring.

Could it be that you're so far from being whom the game was designed for that it is perhaps tremendously irrelevant as to whether you find the game "boring" or not?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Beckett to seemingly cease production of Pokémon magazine

I used to read this magazine all the time. It's sad to see it go, although the internet has more information these days.

What? Beckett Pokemon Unofficial Collector won't be printed anymore? That's a shame. I loved this magazine. I remember going out on the weekends to the bookstore to read them back in 2001 before I had internet access. Those are some of my fondest Pokemon memories. Well at least we can get the information online, I'm just sad to see it's been affected by TPCi. Why did it take them so long to take action against the magazine though?

halloweenghost

It is.. I have a couple of the magazines myself. I got the first ever mew promo TCG card from the magazine. Shame things have to come down to that..

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Figures, just when I get a normal DSi system, they go out and release two Pokemon-themed DSi systems to promote Black and White; I guess I should've known. They do look cool but I probably wouldn't want to spend extra cash just to get a limited-edition Reshiram/Zekrom DSi. It says they'll be available in most stores but that's still limited edition to me since this is only in Japan so far. I don't see much of a difference between these and the normal ones except for the color scheme and designs. Still cool though.

BCVM22

They do look cool but I probably wouldn't want to spend extra cash just to get a limited-edition Reshiram/Zekrom DSi.

I'm not 100% clear on the prices, but I believe that for 19,800 yen, you wouldn't be paying any more for the bundle, containing a copy of the game and a new DSi, than you would if you purchased the two separately in Japan.