• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Well to be fair weren't Black and White said to be reboots for the series? So I guess they could break the three versions tradition, just like they broke each main game having a special area in gamecwith a limited number of balls to catch Pokemon in B/W.

woot21 out dawgs

They could, but a third version is not only an opportunity to make more money, but also to improve. Reboot or not I definitely don't think they'd be rid of the third version.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
According to them there will be no Gray version.

Where did you hear this? If you're referring to that interview from months ago, he was misquoted. Of course there will be a Gray.

And it's WAY too soon for 6th Gen.

ManhattanTheStarr

Lol at the amount of people who believe the third version will inevitably be named "Gray" (Grey? =/). There's always a chance that we'll get something random like back with G/S (should've been Bronze) and D/P (should've been Opal). I hope it's something like... Teal. <3 But since Gray has already been copyrighted, there's a high chance that it will be Gray... eh.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Lol at the amount of people who believe the third version will inevitably be named "Gray" (Grey? =/). There's always a chance that we'll get something random like back with G/S (should've been Bronze) and D/P (should've been Opal). I hope it's something like... Teal. <3 But since Gray has already been copyrighted, there's a high chance that it will be Gray... eh.

I'm pretty sure most people call it Gray because we have no name for it and it makes the most sense. Not because they're sure it will be called that.

It would make sense to call the 3rd version to Black and White Grey because each series of games within a generation are all linked.

Red, Blue, Yellow - Primary Colours (Obviously in Japan there was Green, so you could say the most basic colours)

Gold, Silver and Crystal - Precious/Expensive materials

Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald - Gems

Diamond, Pearl, Platinum - Jewellery materials

Black, White, Grey - Balance of Light and Darkness, enforced by Reshiram and Zekroms PokeDex categories.

Geekachu

I think I heard that they trademarked the names Crimson, Beige and something else along with Grey. I'm not sure, but Crimson could be cool.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It would make sense to call the 3rd version to Black and White Grey because each series of games within a generation are all linked.

Red, Blue, Yellow - Primary Colours (Obviously in Japan there was Green, so you could say the most basic colours)

Gold, Silver and Crystal - Precious/Expensive materials

Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald - Gems

Diamond, Pearl, Platinum - Jewellery materials

Black, White, Grey - Balance of Light and Darkness, enforced by Reshiram and Zekroms PokeDex categories.

They're not all linked, really. First Gen is technically Green, Red and Blue. The Red and Blue version everywhere outside of Japan got was based on the Blue released in Japan. Gold and Silver are both metals, Crystal is not. Third Gen is the only one that actually has all three games related. Fourth Gen was speculated to be Opal, because Girasol is a type of opal, and sounds similar to Giratina's name. Not to mention Platinum is another metal which doesn't relate to diamonds and pearls, which are jewels.

So certainly, I expect another curve ball here.

A.J.

Wobba wobba wobba!
Maybe they'll pull a Zelda on us and give the third color something to do with twilight. (Light <- Twilight -> Darkness)

woot21

super noob
@Hydrohs: Funny thing is that Green is considered a primary color, and yellow is a basic color. Though which is which depends on who you ask.

woot21 out dawgs

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
@Hydrohs: Funny thing is that Green is considered a primary color, and yellow is a basic color. Though which is which depends on who you ask.

woot21 out dawgs

True. I'm thinking the way you're taught in school though, how to use paints and such. Where blue and yellow make green. But, yes, in the land of computer colours red, green and blue are the primaries.

Geekachu

How about a "Pokemon Rainbow"?
All joking aside...

Where the Pokemon Gyms and Pokemon Musical are switched around

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Liking the idea of 'opal' now it's been explained, actually. I could kinda see it being called opal. And anything sounds better than 'gray'.

Lol. Pokemon Rainbow: where the gym leader's themes are all ABBA hits.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
I know Stupid England. I rely on the internet for all the things this country doesn't bring. And if the internet didn't exist I'd probably be sitting in a padded cell staring at an annoying speckle of dust on the wall.

But that speckle of dust is just my imagination, and if I didn't have imagination I'd probably try and count my skin cells.

And if I couldn't count I'd probably continuously headbutt the floor until I found China.

And if I had no sense of direction, I'd probably just turn into a pile of mulch.

That's how bad England is.

I'm sigging this.