• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Looks like the only real change is on Smearegle Darkrai has always been banned. Now if they can only ban the Unova Muskedeers Random match would be much more balanced.

yeminied

This is proving to be an exciting time for Pokemon fans!

Considering this reveal is going to be surprising I'm going to place my bet on something we haven't seen before. The Pokemon Company played Gen IV really safely. They stuck to the same five main series games, released a simplified Wii battling game like and a few Ranger and Mystery Dungeon games. Other than that the only other thing I can think of was that PokePark and Rumble games, but they were nothing spectacular.

I think they need to start changing up the formula they are getting stuck in recently in order to cement Pokemon's continued success. I think it's too early to be announcing a new main series game. Grey would be coming out in ~September of next year so why would they be announcing the game about 10 months from when it would get released. There is still a lot of life left in Black and White and they can definitely get a lot more sales out of it before the next main series game.

Further, I don't think a new Ranger or Mystery Dungeon game would warrant such a fuss they have made over this reveal, although we are long overdue for one, especially a Mystery Dungeon game, which I would be interested in buying. Therefore the most likely outcome for this reveal in a months time is something unexpected and new to the series. What that would be I don't want to guess because there are so many opportunities.

(A Zelda style RPG that's different to the 8BadgeLeague plot would be SOOO cool)

Casty

And the Doubles / Triples fans rejoiced.

I'm personally VERY happy with the change. Dark Void has been ruining Multi-battles since it's introduction in D/P, thanks to it putting all of opponent's Pokemon to sleep. Things got even worse when Black and White changed sleep mechanics, effectively rendering sleeping Pokemon useless for the rest of the match.

Practically speaking, this ban will affect only one Pokemon - Smeargle, who still has helluva of options that make it an outstanding Pokemon in Doubles and Triples.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
This is proving to be an exciting time for Pokemon fans!

Considering this reveal is going to be surprising I'm going to place my bet on something we haven't seen before. The Pokemon Company played Gen IV really safely. They stuck to the same five main series games, released a simplified Wii battling game like and a few Ranger and Mystery Dungeon games. Other than that the only other thing I can think of was that PokePark and Rumble games, but they were nothing spectacular.

I think they need to start changing up the formula they are getting stuck in recently in order to cement Pokemon's continued success. I think it's too early to be announcing a new main series game. Grey would be coming out in ~September of next year so why would they be announcing the game about 10 months from when it would get released. There is still a lot of life left in Black and White and they can definitely get a lot more sales out of it before the next main series game.

Further, I don't think a new Ranger or Mystery Dungeon game would warrant such a fuss they have made over this reveal, although we are long overdue for one, especially a Mystery Dungeon game, which I would be interested in buying. Therefore the most likely outcome for this reveal in a months time is something unexpected and new to the series. What that would be I don't want to guess because there are so many opportunities.

(A Zelda style RPG that's different to the 8BadgeLeague plot would be SOOO cool)

We don't really know how Corocoro defines exiting. It could always be something boring, but it has been two years since Black and White. I swear to Arceus, though, if it's Pokepark 3, I'm going to kill something.

We don't really know how Corocoro defines exiting. It could always be something boring, but it has been two years since Black and White. I swear to Arceus, though, if it's Pokepark 3, I'm going to kill something.

That makes 2 of us XD

They just realeased pokepark 2 a few months ago, so it's not gonna be pokepark 3.

Based on the new information about the 15th movie, im comfortable that it may be Gray/Grey version.

The new info plot is on Serebiis main page.

Eranu™

Sky drop is glitched in doubles.
I don't think anyone is going to miss smeargle. They should ban those annoying Evasion moves..

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
And the Doubles / Triples fans rejoiced.

I'm personally VERY happy with the change. Dark Void has been ruining Multi-battles since it's introduction in D/P, thanks to it putting all of opponent's Pokemon to sleep. Things got even worse when Black and White changed sleep mechanics, effectively rendering sleeping Pokemon useless for the rest of the match.

Practically speaking, this ban will affect only one Pokemon - Smeargle, who still has helluva of options that make it an outstanding Pokemon in Doubles and Triples.
how were the sleep mechanics' changed?

R_N

Yeah I don't

I don't even know, man. Also if you didn't catch the edits, it's for DS not 3DS.

R_N

Yeah, I just found the news article.

DS is dead, people? :p

Grand strategy wargame, huh?

Apparently it plays a lot like Advanced Wars or something.

Genuinely curious if this ever comes here. It doesn't seem like most/any of the Nobunaga games came here