• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Arsène

I mean if it is very big news as it is suggested I doubt that they will just announce a new pokemon form, they could do that in Coro coro like someone mentioned earlier.
I hope it is a remake or a new generation (the latter one being highly unlikely, I know)
I expect it'll be gray though.
But boy does the prospect of pokemon snap 3D sounds great or what?

Which is a spin-off by HAL, and Game Freak has next to nothing to do with the majority of spin-offs.

pela

Which is a spin-off by HAL, and Game Freak has next to nothing to do with the majority of spin-offs.
Ahh I wasn't aware of that, how disappointing

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
So with such hyped information as this, is it safe to assume that the announcement involves the main series games, more notably the anticipated "Pokemon Gray" or RSE remakes?

Ludwig

So with such hyped information as this, is it safe to assume that the announcement involves the main series games, more notably the anticipated "Pokemon Gray" or RSE remakes?

There won't be an Emerald remake (soon). There was no Yellow remake and no Crystal remake.
It's possible that they are saving those a few more years so that early gen games will be playable in new or not-too-old consoles most of the time.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
There won't be an Emerald remake (soon). There was no Yellow remake and no Crystal remake.
It's possible that they are saving those a few more years so that early gen games will be playable in new or not-too-old consoles most of the time.

How do you know this? I don't mean to turn this thread into a specualtion thread, I'm purely curious about any possible main series game in the making, be it "Grey" or any kind of remake. And by RSE, I meant Hoenn in general. My question, though. Do we have any information pointing our speculations, as to what the announcement involves, in any direction?

Janovy

Banned
Do we have any information pointing our speculations, as to what the announcement involves, in any direction?
Yes, following the pattern, everything indicates towards Pokémon Gray. Especially the recently confirmed news about Kyurem's data containing an extra form in the BW games. And since we're getting a Kyurem movie ... yeah, it's obvious.

Grey Wind

Do we have any information pointing our speculations, as to what the announcement involves, in any direction?
If it is a main series game, it will most likely be Grey to tie in with the Kyurem movie. We don't know if this announcement is going to be a main series game though, that's purely speculation as far as I know.

R_N

If it is a main series game, it will most likely be Grey to tie in with the Kyurem movie. We don't know if this announcement is going to be a main series game though, that's purely speculation as far as I know.

N

No it isn't. He specifically said to watch Pokemon Smash after being asked a question in relation to a main series game.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
N

No it isn't. He specifically said to watch Pokemon Smash after being asked a question in relation to a main series game.

I disagree, it most likely to be a new game. Although it could be another spin-off game or alternate form of Kyurem in a new trailer or just new episodes being revealed.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Since it's come from Game Freak themselves, the expected RSE-Remake or "Grey" titles are most likey. It's a little early for the announcement but then they're usually not known for delays.

If those who don't know how long to wait. Someone made an "app" for that. It's set to when the shows actual ends.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

But they still decide what games to make, don't they? They can decide to hire a developer to make a spinoff game or decide not to. They don't make the spinoff games, but as the copyright holder, they choose what games are released, don't they?

It's obviously going to be Gray. This is right time for a third version according to GF's past behavior. Game Freak is a creature of habit. And the fact that a Kyurem movie is coming out this summer is pretty big clue. It's obvious Kyurem will be the star of the third version, and they're going to want to release this Kyurem movie to promote it. Same with the Rayquaza movie (around Emerald's time) and the Giratina movie (around Platinum's time.) Release the movie, get people excited about Rayquaza/Giratina/Kyurem, so hype for Emerald/Platinum/Gray builds.

Let's see what we have here:
-Masuda said it's related to a main series game (didn't he?)
-Kyurem movie this summer
-Fits GF's past release strategy.

Everything fits. There is no way this isn't the Gray announcement.

Oh, and interestingly, each of these "third version movie" also starred one of the 'secret' Pokemon. Deoxys, Shaymin, and Keldeo.

I would have thought the Gray announcement would be in April/May, since that's usually what they do. It surprises me that they're announcing it this early. Maybe they want to release it earlier than the standard September.

EDIT: In case anyone's wondering, it will be spelled Gray, not Grey. Game Freak regularly registers a lot of domain names (most don't ever get used). Pokemongray.com is parked by Melbourne IT, who has held domains for them in the past. They didn't even register pokemongrey.com.

Last edited:

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
But they still decide what games to make, don't they? They can decide to hire a developer to make a spinoff game or decide not to. They don't make the spinoff games, but as the copyright holder, they choose what games are released, don't they?

It's obviously going to be Gray. This is right time for a third version according to GF's past behavior. Game Freak is a creature of habit. And the fact that a Kyurem movie is coming out this summer is pretty big clue. It's obvious Kyurem will be the star of the third version, and they're going to want to release this Kyurem movie to promote it. Same with the Rayquaza movie (around Emerald's time) and the Giratina movie (around Platinum's time.) Release the movie, get people excited about Rayquaza/Giratina/Kyurem, so hype for Emerald/Platinum/Gray builds.

Let's see what we have here:
-Masuda said it's related to a main series game (didn't he?)
-Kyurem movie this summer
-Fits GF's past release strategy.

Everything fits. There is no way this isn't the Gray announcement.

Oh, and interestingly, each of these "third version movie" also starred one of the 'secret' Pokemon. Deoxys, Shaymin, and Keldeo.

I would have thought the Gray announcement would be in April/May, since that's usually what they do. It surprises me that they're announcing it this early. Maybe they want to release it earlier than the standard September.

EDIT: In case anyone's wondering, it will be spelled Gray, not Grey. Game Freak regularly registers a lot of domain names (most don't ever get used). Pokemongray.com is parked by Melbourne IT, who has held domains for them in the past. They didn't even register pokemongrey.com.

That's what I was looking for, thanks. And I've grown up spelling it grey, but gray, in conjunction with your edit, makes sense. All really interesting speculation. If the announcement is indeed Pokemon Gray, what is the best estimated time for an American release date (assuming it were to be released in Japan before the regular September). Would the six month period still stand?

Torpoleon

An American release would probably be around March 2013, like Platinum, HGSS & BW, or maybe it'll get released in April 2013, similarly to DP. In other words, Spring 2013 seems to be the best bet for the American Release (as well as possibly the European & Australian releases).

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
An American release would probably be around March 2013, like Platinum, HGSS & BW, or maybe it'll get released in April 2013, similarly to DP. In other words, Spring 2013 seems to be the best bet for the American Release (as well as possibly the European & Australian releases).

So with a potentially early announcement (or, earlier than expected) the expected release dates would be the same in Japan and America, September and March the following year, respectively?

Torpoleon

Probably, considering how it's been that way since HGSS were released.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
So with a potentially early announcement (or, earlier than expected) the expected release dates would be the same in Japan and America, September and March the following year, respectively?

Yes, Pokemon games have released this way since Ruby and Sapphire, FR/LG excluded.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
It seems R/S remake is going to be revealed on PS, it suits the anime very well. The league there seems to be very soon, and in September they can combine both the Hoenn BF and the R/S remake.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
It seems R/S remake is going to be revealed on PS, it suits the anime very well. The league there seems to be very soon, and in September they can combine both the Hoenn BF and the R/S remake.

Given that the Kyurem movie is close, and CoroCoro has hinted at revealing some sort of secret about Kyurem (new form, possibly), smart money's on Gray Version at this time.