• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
remember that reshiram form is on white 2, and Zekrom form is on black 2. They're both switched.

Maybe you play 2 very different stories one on the path of light (white 2), and on the path of darkness (black 2).
but then i'd be saying a pokemon game could have a complex story

Lineaire

I'm pretty excited although technically I didn't even finish the plot in White. xD Got time though. Woooo.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
It is interesting to see they make it seem as a sequel rather than another "color" like they always do, i.e. a remake. It is also interesting to see that this will run on the DS, not just 3DS (if I am not mistaken).

The new forms are terrible, but if it is a sequel on the DS I am intrigued. I do wonder though, how would a "sequel" work? Would they make you start a new advanture with new pokemon, or use a save from B/W?

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
there is a strong possibility this is just not a third remake with a slight change but an over all sequal that take place in unova..

That totally makes sense but would you buy if it had a new story and some changes as to how the game is played?

Thing is, you don't know what you're getting. Them calling it "Black/White 2" suggests that it is sequel; possibly expanding the story, not re-creating it.

All good points. If B&W 2 is indeed a completely new story building upon the events of B&W 1, then I may reconsider. I said I would wait for more info, and I plan on doing that. I do not feel like jumping on the party train just yet.

Well someone should explain to me what problems were in Black and White because I did not detect any during my game play. Miju~
Like I said, I listed my own oppinion on this news, and my oppinions on Black and White 1 are different then yours. Nontheless, my issues with B&W 1 do not pertain to this thread so there is no need for me to elaborate on them. If you fully enjoyed B&W 1, I take no issue with that.

Swagmander

Well someone should explain to me what problems were in Black and White because I did not detect any during my game play. Miju~
Well, there were countless loose ends that were begging to be tied but never were; BW2 will inevitably expand upon those. The region itself also felt too small and included very limited training options after beating the game. Though I feel like the gameplay itself is perfect.

halloweenghost

It is interesting to see they make it seem as a sequel rather than another "color" like they always do, i.e. a remake. It is also interesting to see that this will run on the DS, not just 3DS (if I am not mistaken).

The new forms are terrible, but if it is a sequel on the DS I am intrigued. I do wonder though, how would a "sequel" work? Would they make you start a new advanture with new pokemon, or use a save from B/W?

let's hope they are truley direct sequals and not a remake with a new spin...
yes DS it is.. even says so on the official US pokemon website

Gold and Silver were supposed to be direct sequals to red blue green, they were even known as pokemon 2 for a time.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!

That's what I'm curious about. If this is a legit sequel, then how are we going to get our original pokemon back. Transfering them seems like the only option, but even if that were so, starting a game off with level 50's would be pretty lame.

I'm coming to the idea that we will start off again like we did in BW, but the story will have altered greatly, and will continue onwards past the original ending in the first games. And maybe, just maybe if we are lucky, we will be able to go to Hoenn. lol Highly doubtful I know.

Man haven't posted in ages.

Swagmander

Considering Japan's getting them in June, who expects a holiday 2012 release in the Americas? I do!

halloweenghost

That's what I'm curious about. If this is a legit sequel, then how are we going to get our original pokemon back. Transfering them seems like the only option, but even if that were so, starting a game off with level 50's would be pretty lame.

I'm coming to the idea that we will start off again like we did in BW, but the story will have altered greatly, and will continue onwards past the original ending in the first games. And maybe, just maybe if we are lucky, we will be able to go to Hoenn. lol Highly doubtful I know.

Man haven't posted in ages.

direct sequels don;t always mean they have the same main charecter. We could start anew trainer one their quest and the mains from BW1 could be NPC's

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..
I hope they give out the respective version figurines with the pre-order. (Black Kyurem for Black 2 and White Kyurem figurine for White 2)

pela

I don't think you will be able to transfer a save because people would either:
a) Transfer insane EV trained lvl pokemon so the game would be super easy for them
b)Parents/Kids who didn't buy bw1 would be discouraged from buying bw2 since they would need to buy bw1 and beat it before going into bw2
So, I think we'll have a new character that will start from scratch.

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
The big question, if this is a sequel, is how the starter Pokemon works. Do you use our previous (I doubt it)? Do we get new ones? MAYBE do we go to Hoenn? That's the huge question that tops 'em all.

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
I don't think you will be able to transfer a save because people would either:
a) Transfer insane EV trained lvl pokemon so the game would be super easy for them
b)Parents/Kids who didn't buy bw1 would be discouraged from buying bw2 since they would need to buy bw1 and beat it before going into bw2
So, I think we'll have a new character that will start from scratch.

Yeah...I'mma agree with him.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Well, this seems... Interesting. It's highly unlikely that I'll buy it, to be honest, as when Platinum came out, I stuck with Pearl, and it will most likely stay the same here (Plus, I've caught every 5th gen Pokemon I like already, so there's no reason for me to get more...) That said, I'd like to see how it turns out.

Kyurem's formes interest me the most. How do they develop? I REALLY hope it isn't by fusing with Reshiram/Zekrom, as fusing (true fusing mind you, Slowbro does not count) isn't a Pokemon type of thing. I'm hoping it will be with an item, a la either Giratina or Shaymin.

And who can forget about lil' Meloetta? Seeing her this early is surprising, you normally only get one event release per year. Huh. maybe Gamefreak don't care about her that much...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
direct sequels don;t always mean they have the same main charecter. We could start anew trainer one their quest and the mains from BW1 could be NPC's

This.

Also, it is posible that the game may take place a few months or maybe a year or two after the events of B/W. "Sequel" doesn't always mean events happening directly after the previous storyline.

We can start off with a new protagonist while everything still taking place in Unova but with major changes. Sure N was spotted in a different region, but that doesn't mean he's not allowed to return to Unova.

Same Gym leaders. New Characters. Same Pokemon. New areas. New features. Different Storyline.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
So as a sequel, I'm presuming it'll basically be like G/S, exploring the same area and meeting the same allies/foes as a new character. Be interesting to see if they expand the Unova region.

Shockking

i dont know anymore
I'm really excited about the games coming out but... In my opinion the Kyurem formes look totally messed up. Its like someone did a bad job making a fakemon, they aren't even symmetrical, or close. Oh well, hopefully they will grow on me.
I am so EXCITED!

halloweenghost

I'm really excited about the games coming out but... In my opinion the Kyurem formes look totally messed up. Its like someone did a bad job making a fakemon, they aren't even symmetrical, or close. Oh well, hopefully they will grow on me.
I am so EXCITED!

Don't think they were mentto be symmetrical.