• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Grei

not the color
I don't doubt it would have a new area or two if it's a sequel. In my opinion, a Sevii Islands-type of new area for Unova would be quite awesome, or an entirely new area north of Unova, with the same Pokemon, but different gyms or something. Kind of like Johto, but just a separate section of Unova with the same Pokemon. That'd be cool.

R_N

So as a sequel, I'm presuming it'll basically be like G/S, exploring the same area and meeting the same allies/foes as a new character. Be interesting to see if they expand the Unova region.

This is pretty much how I'm figuring it, too.

Also a note: GS were originally "Pokemon 2" and even then we weren't playing Red (probably, it's a little hard to tell with the detail) and were elsewhere.

Hey here's a thought: What if the region is aesthetically redesigned overall? Eg: Black 2 has more cities in line with the futuristic Opelucid, but White 2 is more naturey like White Forest and the rustic opelucid & village bridge.

Chaos Rush

If I already have White which is the recommended game to buy of the two?
I would say White 2, because it just seems more sensible than playing White 1, then Black 2. White 2 is the sequel to White 1, and since I have White 1, I will be getting White 2. Black 2 is not the sequel to White 1, it is the sequel to Black 1.

I believe it's plot-related, so if you play the color opposite to the one you originally had, you'll be confused. "Wait but I caught Zekrom in White 1...how does N have Zekrom now? IMPOSSIBRU!!!!"

or if you play the same color like I'm going to (Pokemon White and White 2) then, "N still has his Reshiram cool kthxbai"

(but what's conflicting is that the Pokemon on the boxart implies that you'll be able to catch it... but then again Kyurem is on the cover of both so I guess it doesn't really matter)

I'm really excited about the games coming out but... In my opinion the Kyurem formes look totally messed up. Its like someone did a bad job making a fakemon, they aren't even symmetrical, or close. Oh well, hopefully they will grow on me.
I am so EXCITED!

You wouldn't say that to Reshirem/zekrem's face.

pela

The big question, if this is a sequel, is how the starter Pokemon works. Do you use our previous (I doubt it)? Do we get new ones? MAYBE do we go to Hoenn? That's the huge question that tops 'em all.

I think you get a new starter but I hope the apes mechanic is different though.

This.

Also, it is posible that the game may take place a few months or maybe a year or two after the events of B/W. "Sequel" doesn't always mean events happening directly after the previous storyline.

We can start off with a new protagonist while everything still taking place in Unova but with major changes. Sure N was spotted in a different region, but that doesn't mean he's not allowed to return to Unova.

Same Gym leaders. New Characters. Same Pokemon. New areas. New features. Different Storyline.

Yes I agree with you, I think we'll also see a lot of teasers for the new generation and possible RSE remakes.
Also to the people who say that N will be the main character, it makes no sense since playable characters never speak so the story would lack if you played with an NPC from previous games.

halloweenghost

I think you get a new starter but I hope the apes mechanic is different though.

Yes I agree with you, I think we'll also see a lot of teasers for the new generation and possible RSE remakes.
Also to the people who say that N will be the main character, it makes no sense since playable characters never speak so the story would lack if you played with an NPC from previous games.

yeah no way will N be the main C... he liked to talk too much

pela

I don't doubt it would have a new area or two if it's a sequel. In my opinion, a Sevii Islands-type of new area for Unova would be quite awesome, or an entirely new area north of Unova, with the same Pokemon, but different gyms or something. Kind of like Johto, but just a separate section of Unova with the same Pokemon. That'd be cool.

This is exactly what I said haha. The north is begging for an expansion.

This is pretty much how I'm figuring it, too.

Also a note: GS were originally "Pokemon 2" and even then we weren't playing Red (probably, it's a little hard to tell with the detail) and were elsewhere.

Hey here's a thought: What if the region is aesthetically redesigned overall? Eg: Black 2 has more cities in line with the futuristic Opelucid, but White 2 is more naturey like White Forest and the rustic opelucid & village bridge.

This makes perfect sense, especially if it's a sequel ergo time has passed since BW1, and during that time the Unova region changed !
Brilliant man.

yeah no way will N be the main C... he liked to talk too much

Exactly ! so it would not make sense to have him as the main character and lose all of his character depth

Last edited:

X-Sam

So yeah... anyone think they'll go all the way sooner than later and just fuse all three of them back together into one?

Think of how powerful that would be.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
direct sequels don;t always mean they have the same main charecter. We could start anew trainer one their quest and the mains from BW1 could be NPC's

True, and while that is a possibility, I can't imagine GF throwing the characters Black and White under the bus. It is possible that they could always show up again similar to Red in GS/HGSS; but to me, that would seem a tad strange. The story of BW gave me the idea that the main character and N had a relationship of sorts, and to start off with another beginning trainer would destroy the connection.

halloweenghost

True, and while that is a possibility, I can't imagine GF throwing the characters Black and White under the bus. It is possible that they could always show up again similar to Red in GS/HGSS; but to me, that would seem a tad strange. The story of BW gave me the idea that the main character and N had a relationship of sorts, and to start off with another beginning trainer would destroy the connection.

Then what wdo you suggest they do.. I doubt they will let us transfrer pokemon that early... something would have to have happen to their pokemon...

pela

Maybe your Black/White went looking for N throughout the world? That way it would explain the need for a new starting character

Earthia100

OMG OMG OMG! I have a lot of things to say about this:

First of all, we kinda knew that Kygrem would be the mascot, but NOBODY saw TWO Versions. This will leave a huge mark on the fans. There will be "Black 1", "White 1" and "Black 2" and "White 2".

It's 1 am where I live, and I need a bowl of cereal or I will pass out.

Grei

not the color
Battling Hilbert/Hilda in a Red-esque style would be really awesome. Also, I'd imagine we'd get to fight Cheren and Bianca as well, and since N is confirmed to be involved (didn't Masuda say that N would get expansion in future games, or something like that?), maybe you battle him, too.

Well, I guess that report a while ago about Black and White being "finished in their incarnations" or whatever was reported by that Spanish news site was true. We weren't getting a third version. We were getting sequels!

pela

OMG OMG OMG! I have a lot of things to say about this:

First of all, we kinda knew that Kygrem would be the mascot, but NOBODY saw TWO Versions. This will leave a huge mark on the fans. There will be "Black 1", "White 1" and "Black 2" and "White 2".

It's 1 am where I live, and I need a bowl of cereal or I will pass out.

Maybe you could use some powdered red bull, or as I like to call it cocaine.
But yeah to say these games changed pokemon's convention is an understatement.

Battling Hilbert/Hilda in a Red-esque style would be really awesome. Also, I'd imagine we'd get to fight Cheren and Bianca as well, and since N is confirmed to be involved (didn't Masuda say that N would get expansion in future games, or something like that?), maybe you battle him, too.

Well, I guess that report a while ago about Black and White being "finished in their incarnations" or whatever was reported by that Spanish news site was true. We weren't getting a third version. We were getting sequels!

Yes ! battle ALL the NPC from BW1 !!!

I'll probably only buy them if they are fairly different from the originals.....oh who am I kidding, I'll get 'em anyway.

I can see the north being expanded, the subway could easily settle that issue.

Things I'm also excited for and hope they expand on :
- The available pokemon (I want to catch something like a bidoof or zubat, don't hate me)
- A possible Team Rocket subplot.
- The sages being explored more.
- The girl on the bridge (I am fascinated for some reason)
- And of couse any cool addons (like the poke radar ala Platinum)

pela

I'll probably only buy them if they are fairly different from the originals.....oh who am I kidding, I'll get 'em anyway.

I can see the north being expanded, the subway could easily settle that issue.

Things I'm also excited for and hope they expand on :
- The available pokemon (I want to catch something like a bidoof or zubat, don't hate me)
- A possible Team Rocket subplot.
- The sages being explored more.
- The girl on the bridge (I am fascinated for some reason)
- And of couse any cool addons (like the poke radar ala Platinum)

Hm maybe in black you can travel the north through the train because it's all about cities but in white I don't know how you would travel there, maybe a pokemon used as a ferry. This is assuming enough time has passed since BW1 that the White and Black worlds have changed turning even more different.
I don't think Team Rocket could be a part of the plot seeing how they disbanded in GSC.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
Maybe your Black/White went looking for N throughout the world? That way it would explain the need for a new starting character

I guess that would work. Black/White chased after N as he is a psychological nightmare. But if we are to start off with a new character I would assume, some time in the new storyline, Black/White and N would return?

This is difficult to grasp. However me being tired and it being nearly 3am where I am at may be playing a role as well. Nintendo really surprised me with this reveal. Only thing that could have been more surprising would be a Pokemon Snap 2. ( I wish).

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
we need a better battle subway, something about that ghost girl on marvelous bridge is it? and something about challenge cave