• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
Hey, to stop an arguement we had earlier, it's been confirmed for the DS, not the 3DS

pela

LOST....It was awesome the first four seasons, the last two, not so much

I enjoyed them all ! especially the post series finale where ben discovers the two dharma guys that did the deliveries on the island and he explains questions from the fans

Lol, I agree, we don't need more Rocket. Just play LeafGreen if you're craving so much. Also, you are right there is so much room for growth with these new games.
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but what about those 3 ninja guys (Ghetis' guard guys, I forget their title) and the three chef gym leaders possibly being them...?

That could work but I dont know how Ghetis could of taken over Unova in a believable way to be honest. Furthermore I don't see why he would of established a gym system.

Edit: Wow sorry typed up my post while the new board was announced.

Shockking

i dont know anymore
So, random, but if we did fight Hilda or Hilbert like Red (My money's on Hilda) what starter do you think they use?

Well, in the manga black used Pokabu, in the anime I forget what Ash's first Unova one was, I think it was Snivy, so that leaves Oshawott! Just kidding that was stupid, but still, I have a 33% chance of being right.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Looks to me like Shelmet and Karrablast were a sort of test in BW, basically fusing parts of them together. I wonder if you trade Kyreum and Zekrom for example, Kyreum fuses parts of Zekrom to make Black Kyreum.

Golly gosh, I'm excited for this now. I do think as has been stated before, that the red and blue on the logo's could represent RS remakes, if they are going to do the remakes, now would be the perfect time, its their 10th anniversary. So if they aren't doing them this year? When would they do them? I know anime doesn't necessarily apply to games, but wasn't it said the Unova/5th gen lasts 3 years, if that's so, we are already into the 2nd year, so having a sequel to BW with RS merged into it Post E4, then that would mean the last year of 5th gen would feature a main console game, possibly like XD.

I really hope we get some news some, I want to start planning too, should I go through it as me, or my friend..... decisions.... decisions.....

Finally, is it me, or does anyone think we'll get an international release for this? I think its possible that everyone gets it in June, around the same week/day. Its been done before with different game series, but it would be a first for pokemon, am I right in thinking this is the first time a new pokemon game has been announced in both Japanese and English on the same day?

Drats, that announcement was made after I posted this!

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
A question: There might be a new game also in september, or that's it for 2012?

It's suspicious why this game is out in June and not in september....

Ludwig

I just skipped ~55 pages with 20 posts on each, so this might already have been written.
Before the announcement, there was a discussion about if there will be a grey, one argument for not was that game freak (or nintendo, I don't remember which) said that there won't be such a game. But the wording was actually closer to that the Black and White series is finished with those two games, which actually makes sense now. Also, they weren't lying with that announcement as some people wrote that they did.

I am so happy I can't even begin to explain. Two third games. On the DS.

My wish was half granted, but I am still very happy. I've been waiting for this for years.

Juinchi Masuda, I love you.

Black and White were so good, they're the only games to get sequels.

Okay so the 3DS has pretty much been out for a year now, isn't anyone else a bit annoyed that NOTHING has been announced for Pokemon on the 3DS? (main series)

Why develop for an old console? A simple "Yes, we are planning something", would make me very happy. No details on the game itself just a simple yes, right now I'm doubing they've even started development on a 3DS game because of "Pokemon White 2".

There hasn't been many compelling games for the 3DS, and it's sitting here collecting dust. I have all the no brainer games, MK7, Super Mario 3D Land, Ocarina of Time....

I'm looking over release cycles for games, roughly a yearly cycle. Which makes me think this IS the next game. Until the same time next year. I'm not happy.... No harm intended just venting

ChronoX

About Meloette small Movie, the only thing that crossed my mind was.
(SWEET! ONE MORE MOVIE, THAT MEANS GEN 6 COMES SOONER!)
Gen 6 Should be out next year according to my logic.

Epic Fail, Genosect still haven't been revealed. Next year will probably Genesect's debut and then after that would be Jirachi and Gen 6 Pokemon.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Epic Fail, Genosect still haven't been revealed. Next year will probably Genesect's debut and then after that would be Jirachi and Gen 6 Pokemon.

That's not an epic fail, dude. Don't be rude.

In fact, he might be right. They do a movie every year. If this means Genesect is Movie 16, Movie 17 (which would be in 2014) would have to be a 6th Gen preview, like Movie 8 (Lucario) and Movie 13 (Zoroark). It doesn't necessarily mean 6th Gen will come any earlier though; The Lucario movie was in 2005 and DP came out 2006. September 2015 might be a reasonable guess for 6th Gen, although I would have guessed 2016.

However, if they make RS remakes, movie 16 could be Groudon/Kyogre or something and save Genesect for Movie 17, which would put 6th Gen back on the 2016 track.

ChronoX

I bet they are going to reveal who the shadow triad truly are... I am guessing they are Cilan, Cress, and Chilli.

xDWarrior

If it's a sequel then it'll most likely be a new trainer. It just makes more sense to me in the grand scheme of things.

Also I knew all along they'd be for the DS and not 3DS, and I'm glad for it. Gives those of us who upgraded to the DSi not that many years ago a few more years before we have to throw out 160 bucks on a new system.

Arceusgamer14

Okay so the 3DS has pretty much been out for a year now, isn't anyone else a bit annoyed that NOTHING has been announced for Pokemon on the 3DS? (main series)

Why develop for an old console? A simple "Yes, we are planning something", would make me very happy. No details on the game itself just a simple yes, right now I'm doubing they've even started development on a 3DS game because of "Pokemon White 2".

There hasn't been many compelling games for the 3DS, and it's sitting here collecting dust. I have all the no brainer games, MK7, Super Mario 3D Land, Ocarina of Time....

I'm looking over release cycles for games, roughly a yearly cycle. Which makes me think this IS the next game. Until the same time next year. I'm not happy.... No harm intended just venting

I think Nintendo and Gamefreak are developing the Gen VI games secretly. Because their still waiting for the 3DS get back on it's roots.
Remember how long it took for the Zelda Skyward Sword the first true Wii Zelda game to release?

Grey Wind

That's not an epic fail, dude. Don't be rude.

In fact, he might be right. They do a movie every year. If this means Genesect is Movie 16, Movie 17 (which would be in 2014) would have to be a 6th Gen preview, like Movie 8 (Lucario) and Movie 13 (Zoroark). It doesn't necessarily mean 6th Gen will come any earlier though; The Lucario movie was in 2005 and DP came out 2006. September 2015 might be a reasonable guess for 6th Gen, although I would have guessed 2016.

However, if they make RS remakes, movie 16 could be Groudon/Kyogre or something and save Genesect for Movie 17, which would put 6th Gen back on the 2016 track.
2016? Don't be ridiculous, it's not going to be a six year generation. Diamond and Pearl were released in 2006, with Black and White coming out four years later in 2010. The same four year gap applied between Ruby and Sapphire and Diamond and Pearl.

There's no 2016 track, I'd expect Gen 6 in 2015 at the most.