• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Oh yeah, there also Reshirem and Kyurom, though I'm thinking they're more nicknames rather than acronyms.

Again, too similar.

You do realise the number of racist jokes that will be made if we call them this? :p

I'm also hoping there aren't any more games this Gen, so we cal call all 4 games "Gen V".

That's true and partly intentional.

Well, we can call them all "Gen V" for now, at least.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
No, too similar to Kyurem. If writing them out, Kyurem-B or Kyurem-W.

Yeah, that works well. We should really just have to settle on a name for the Kyurem forms, the acronyms for the games should be easy enough to understand, just append a 2.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
It's always been like
2 games
1 game
side games
remakes
next gen
NOT:
2 games
2 games
side games
remakes
next gen
Marketing schemes make me want to kill someone. Namely newt Gingrich, idiots should not run for president

So... you suddenly object to them making paired games when that's what they've been doing all along? Why? You know the differences between Black 2 and White 2 are going to be minor, just like Black and White had only minor differences. You don't have to buy both. So why do people suddenly care about this?

I think he means whether or not it could be CAUGHT shiny. All Pokemon have shiny sprites and shiny forms for programming reasons, even if such Pokemon are unobtainable shiny.

Yes, I know that. But Kyurem is not one of those; he can be caught shiny.

*Kyurem*

Game timeline:

Generation 1
  • Pokemon Red/Blue
  • Pokemon Yellow
  • Side-games

Generation 2
  • Pokemon Gold/Silver
  • Pokemon Crystal
  • Side-games

Generation 3
  • Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
  • Side-games
  • Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen
  • Pokemon Emerald
  • MORE Side-games

Generation 4
  • Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
  • Side-games
  • Platinum
  • Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
  • MORE Side-games

Generation 5
  • Pokemon Black/White
  • Pokemon Black 2/White 2
  • ?Side-games?
  • ?Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Remakes?
  • ?MORE Side-games?

What do you think, see any patterns in games?

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
This is actually interesting. I'm gonna put it here too:

"The original is supposed to be a mix of BOTH reshiram and zekrom, not two different combinations of kyurem/zekrom and kyurem/reshiram. Also, isn't kyurem the broken version of the original dragon? I think there's still a final dragon to be seen."

Exactly. That's why I believe they are hiding us the Original Dragon (true Kyurem form) that the BW talks about.

http://i42.*******.com/2hppqoh.png

Profesco

gone gently
I can understand the knee-jerk negative reaction. Granted a thorough examination of the feeling should reveal that it's not all that well-founded, but then again who waits to have their feelings until after they've analyzed them?

We're used to having a third game. Folks will buy one of the first two, knowing that they're missing out on a few aspects, but resting assured that the third game will come along in time and tie everything together into a single, satisfying package. When you split a game into two distinct versions, fans must choose between sacrificing a portion of the experience, or spending twice as much money for not nearly twice as much novelty. For plenty of kids, spending extra cash on Pokemon is probably not an easy option, and so buying only one of the two necessarily creates a feeling of having missed out on something.

Usually, the unification of the games in the third version ameliorates that feeling. Now that our "third version" is itself apparently split into two distinct games, the long-awaited reassurance of the game being tied together isn't there. Realizing that you're denied that attractive completed package is a let-down. It's not a wholly ridiculous response, although it is a 'glass half empty' sort of response.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Oh, really? Interesting... I wonder why they did that. xP I guess I didn't get the full details. OK, I'll probably get Black 2 when it comes out then so I can get Kyurem's Zekrom form. ;)

One question though - what about regular Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem? Does anyone know what games they'll be in? Because I want to get whatever game Regular Zekrom comes in.
We can't have the same mishap in R/S/E using the wrong Orb on Groundon and Kyogre.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
This is actually interesting. I'm gonna put it here too:

"The original is supposed to be a mix of BOTH reshiram and zekrom, not two different combinations of kyurem/zekrom and kyurem/reshiram. Also, isn't kyurem the broken version of the original dragon? I think there's still a final dragon to be seen."

Exactly. That's why I believe they are hiding us the Original Dragon (true Kyurem form) that the BW talks about.

http://i42.*******.com/2hppqoh.png

Or maybe Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W are an intermediate step between the three dragons and a "final dragon."

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
Or maybe Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W are an intermediate step between the three dragons and a "final dragon."
That's how I've been viewing them thus far
Am I the only one who thinks the info on BW2 on the main site is potentially a little misleading? It states that BW2 fills the role of the third game (similar to Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum) when this is unknown for the time being. From the announcement, it's quite unclear whether this is the case or if they are actual sequels. Saying that it's definitive one way or the other right only confuses people...

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
That's how I've been viewing them thus far
Am I the only one who thinks the info on BW2 on the main site is potentially a little misleading? It states that BW2 fills the role of the third game (similar to Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum) when this is unknown for the time being. From the announcement, it's quite unclear whether this is the case or if they are actual sequels. Saying that it's definitive one way or the other right only confuses people...

It's safe to say that this is what we're getting in place of 'Gray'.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
It's safe to say that this is what we're getting in place of 'Gray'.

are they also replacing R/S?

Yea, I hope so, too! My favorite Pokemon was Kyurem since B/W came out, I can't wait for B2/W2 to come!

Zekrom and Reshiram can be caught shiny in Dragon Spiral Tower if your PC and party is filled before you meet them so they are unable to be caught.

lolwut?

all shiny zekroms, reshirams and victinis are hacks

rosierjay

Lillipup Trainer
i think it's cool a new game is coming out, but are people still gonna play black and white? i think it's fun just because of the trading. etc.

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
Of course, after all even after Platinum or HGSS people still played DP

I agree. After all, I'm playing through Platinum again right now. Sure some may go off and play BW2 once they release, but after a while BW1 will be revisited again. Considering the new games are sequels, if someone ever wants to play the whole story over again BW1 will be there to play first.

*Kyurem*

I just noticed this. Look at teaser art. Why is the Zekrom form by the Pokémon Black logo? They switched it! :0

Yea, they did! I think it's because it might be a direct sequel of Black and White, meaning it may tell of what happened to that Reshiram (In White) and Zekrom (In Black) that flew off in the credits. Maybe it got fused in with Kyurem by using Fusion Flare or Fusion Bolt on it?