• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

ForeverFlame

BW2 are only like three and a half months away. Am I the only one who's excited to see the massive infodumps we'll be getting in the March/April/May CoroCoro issues?

R_N

BW2 are only like three and a half months away. Am I the only one who's excited to see the massive infodumps we'll be getting in the March/April/May CoroCoro issues?

It's going to be great, yeah.
June second, even! So it will probably leak towards the very end of May.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I'm wondering when they'll get released here in the states. Hopefully towards end of the year.
I'm also wondering what types the new formes of Kyurem will be.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I'm wondering when they'll get released here in the states. Hopefully towards end of the year.
I'm also wondering what types the new formes of Kyurem will be.

Well, this is the first time that a Pokémon game was announced in Japan and the US simultaneously, so the releases might be a little closer together than usual Maybe even, dare I say, simultaneous Japanese/American release?

Well, this is the first time that a Pokémon game was announced in Japan and the US simultaneously, so the releases might be a little closer together than usual Maybe even, dare I say, simultaneous Japanese/American release?

The Reshiram/Zekrom reveal were pretty much simultaneous in the US and Japan

BCVM22

But not the reveal of B/W themselves.

Zekrom and Reshiram were unveiled near-simultaneously internationally and the difference in the reveal of the game titles between regions was about two months.

People who continue to clamor for a simultaneous international release seem to forget that if we were getting such a release, the English-language official website would have no reason to hide that fact. It's nearly March already - wouldn't they have just as much reason to reveal a June-ish release date as the Japanese website does?

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Zekrom and Reshiram were unveiled near-simultaneously internationally and the difference in the reveal of the game titles between regions was about two months.

People who continue to clamor for a simultaneous international release seem to forget that if we were getting such a release, the English-language official website would have no reason to hide that fact. It's nearly March already - wouldn't they have just as much reason to reveal a June-ish release date as the Japanese website does?

True. Very true. Still, the fact that there wasn't any gap between the two reveals this time around gives me hope for at least a sooner-than-usual release date.

Haunter ゴースト

I don't wanna get my hopes up for a simultaneous/close release of the games between Japan and internationally, I feel it'd be too much of a good thing.

It'd be damn sweet if they were released close together though.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I am really surprised at how quickly this whole thing is developing. Seems like only a while ago BW were released, now BW2 are released and in a shorter distribution period between regions. That really is great. I just hope the games will hold up.

Last edited:

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Make no mistake, they aren't rushing this game. They just believe, especially in Japan, that a long period between reveal and release is bad for the hype machine.

Japanese Event News:

Following from Saturday's reveal of the Extremespeed Pikachu in the new Kyushu Bullet Train, the full details of the event have been announced. Firstly, from March 1st 2012 to May 6th 2012, you'll be able to receieve the Extremespeed Pikachu from the trains in Kyushu
Next, there are some special promotions to tie in with Kyushu being similar to Hoenn. These distributions are in the stations throughout the Kyushu region of Japan. In them, during each period, you will be able to get one of three possible Pokémon. At the moment, only one of each of the three promotions is known. First, from March 17th 2012 to April 1st 2012, you will receive one of three Pokémon, including Sceptile. Next, from April 2nd 2012 to April 22nd 2012, you will receive one of three Pokémon, including Milotic and finally, from April 23rd to May 6th, you will receive one of three Pokémon including Metagross. You can go to other stations at the time and receive the other Pokémon
Finally, you can receive a Groudon and a Kyogre at Level 80 in the Pokémon Centre in Fukouka. The distribution of Groudon runs from March 17th 2012 to April 15th 2012 while the distribution of Kyogre runs from April 16th 2012 to May 6th 2012. You cannot receive this Pokémon if you chose to receive the Extrmespeed Pikachu. We'll bring more details on these as they come

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
That's huge news. If North America gets a release date similar to Europe, like it did for Black & White then it could be safe to assume that we might have the game by August, but if not, even early November at the latest. A two month localisation period would be fantastic. But how probable is something like that?

Make no mistake, they aren't rushing this game. They just believe, especially in Japan, that a long period between reveal and release is bad for the hype machine.

Japanese Event News:

Following from Saturday's reveal of the Extremespeed Pikachu in the new Kyushu Bullet Train, the full details of the event have been announced. Firstly, from March 1st 2012 to May 6th 2012, you'll be able to receieve the Extremespeed Pikachu from the trains in Kyushu
Next, there are some special promotions to tie in with Kyushu being similar to Hoenn. These distributions are in the stations throughout the Kyushu region of Japan. In them, during each period, you will be able to get one of three possible Pokémon. At the moment, only one of each of the three promotions is known. First, from March 17th 2012 to April 1st 2012, you will receive one of three Pokémon, including Sceptile. Next, from April 2nd 2012 to April 22nd 2012, you will receive one of three Pokémon, including Milotic and finally, from April 23rd to May 6th, you will receive one of three Pokémon including Metagross. You can go to other stations at the time and receive the other Pokémon
Finally, you can receive a Groudon and a Kyogre at Level 80 in the Pokémon Centre in Fukouka. The distribution of Groudon runs from March 17th 2012 to April 15th 2012 while the distribution of Kyogre runs from April 16th 2012 to May 6th 2012. You cannot receive this Pokémon if you chose to receive the Extrmespeed Pikachu. We'll bring more details on these as they come

And with so many Hoenn event Pokemon within Japan, that's an odd sign too. I don't want to egg on that bandwagon that need not be named, but the indicators for such are tough to just ignore. It's almost not possible to make any accurate or concreted speculation.

Last edited:

JD

im hoping the american realese date is close to the european one since its already been revealed for autumn

It'll probably be released in October or November. We got FrLg in September but that seems a little too early for the American Release.