• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Pokechan

I love how the new Poison type and Water types gym leaders look. The new girl and boy look a lot better design wise. The new rival looks interesting too and it would be nice to see if he can actually give the player a good challenge. A mostly frozen Unova region and the new Water Gym are amazing ideas so far.

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

It's on the main page now... yes, it seems Homika will appear in the anime. Like I said in another thread though, I'm intrigued as to whether it will be a gym battle or a random appearance..

........................... Now I think it might've been on the page the whole time and I accidentally skipped over it.

In any case... I like Homika's look. I hope we've got a really exciting character in Homika in the anime...

Also... larger PokeDex......... Yaaaaaaaaay. I was hoping these games would use more older Pokemon. I'm glad B/W had only new Pokemon in their main story, but I think bringing a bunch more older Pokemon back into the spotlight is... something I think it's time for this generation to do.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
This is really exciting. New Water Gym leader's name seems to be Shizui. He's now my favorite character...ever. <3

*Kyurem*

This is really exciting. New Water Gym leader's name seems to be Shizui. He's now my favorite character...ever. <3

Does this mean Cress, Cilan, and Chili aren't Gym Leaders anymore if there's a new Water gym leader??

Takeo

I'll play the girl main character and naming her Princess Leia
and omg yes!!!! i'm not stuck playing with Lame BW pokemon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just like its suppose to be!

Last edited:

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
:O Along with Professor Juniper, Cheren, Bianca, and Hilbert/Hilda??

Over half the region seems to be frozen over, including Striaton City and Nacrene City, as well as Nuvema Town and Accumula. I think this means they built new places to live on the western side of the region. It seems like there are 4-5 new cities/towns there, as well as a new town in the mountains to the east (across from the high-link). The've also built the Resort Area, which could possibly act as a town-esque place. The characters are probably still in the game, but possibly not gym leaders...

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
...what happened to all our beloved characters since this new ice age? I mean, almost every old town but Castelia, Nimbasa, and maybe Driftveil and Mistralton is under those glaciers, even it looks like the old E4 is frozen. Do we have to defrost them?

I feel pain for the old Unova. This is terrible.

Takeo

...what happened to all our beloved characters since this new ice age? I mean, almost every old town but Castelia, Nimbasa, and maybe Driftveil and Mistralton is under those glaciers, even it looks like the old E4 is frozen. Do we have to defrost them?

I think thats the whole point of the story line, it is 2 years in the future

halloweenghost

I'm hoping that is our main Story quest you know other then beating the elite 4 thing.... hopefully after the story the majority will defrost and we can visit those areas.

*Kyurem*

Didn't it oddly snow in Platinum? Hmmm.... Maybe Kyurem wasn't only in Unova...

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master

Castelia, Nimbasa, Driftveil, Opelucid are for definite still there.. they can all be seen on map. In the smaller map, it also seems Mistralton and possibly Iricius too. So it could just be The first two gyms, and the first three towns inaccessible.. then the eastern side of Unova & the League.

Chaos Rush

The female protagonist has a terrible sense of fashion.

And I'd like to point out something for lulz,
http://i44.*******.com/2d7ikc3.png
According to this screenshot, the player's name is "Black 2" (ブラック2) and the rival's name is "Rival" (ライバル). It's from this scan.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
I'm already psyched for this game! I'm loving the fact that the national dex has 300 Pokemon. The protagonists, rival, and new gym leaders look pretty badass. Can't wait! I wonder if there's more new Gym leaders and if these 2 replaced some of the old one? Hmm...

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
And I'd like to point out something for lulz,
http://i44.*******.com/2d7ikc3.png
According to this screenshot, the player's name is "Black 2" (ブラック2) and the rival's name is "Rival" (ライバル). It's from this scan.

That's very common for these promo screenshots.