• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
And so Europe gets the short end of the stick. :/

Well to be fair we did get Black and White before them and we are getting that typing adventure game.

Although thinking about it now we still don't even know if we are getting that Kirby anniversary collection.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Indeed. Last year was good for European gamers. However, there was only a gap of two days; this time, it's five.

So?

Just be glad it's 5 days and not 2-6 month like it was for past Pokémon games.

Also, we had to wait over a month for Conquest.

Europe has more than one language so it takes time.

What Nintendo of Europe should have done is let us know that we were getting the game.

I didn't say it was good thing.

Bariokie

rock dog
The most of the time Europe gets the leftovers :(

And did some information came about Gen 6?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Nice, the games comes out in New Zealand in October. Question: Is there a event given out at the same time as the game release? Cause they gave Victini out at EB Games when Black and White were released.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
And did some information came about Gen 6?

Why would we be getting info about gen 6 when Black and White 2 was just recently released?

Use your common sense.

Nice, the games comes out in New Zealand in October. Question: Is there a event given out at the same time as the game release? Cause they gave Victini out at EB Games when Black and White were released.

As far I am aware no events have been planned yet.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
Well, I'm kind of disappointed. Sure, I like Mew and all, but Deoxys has went from 61% against it, then to 67, 68, and now 69%. I thought for sure it would at least stand more of a chance than that if it didn't flat-out win! Ho-Oh's losing is also a little surprising/disappointing, but not as much as Deoxys's. Now then, seeing as we more or less know who's made it to Round 3, this is where things get really interesting (except for Groudon vs. Mew, which I believe is pretty obvious: 151). I'm especially curious about whether longtime favorite Lugia will take down not-quite-as-longtime favorite Rayquaza or not. It seems like an especially tough match-up to me, so I'm not honestly sure. Really, though, I'm just glad that Arceus didn't win, even if Deoxys didn't, either. I like all of the Pokémon left so far, so that means I'm very likely going to be getting a new shirt to show off my nerdiness sometime this year, so that's exciting, too. The only thing I really have left to worry about now is just how cool said shirt is. I very much want to see something reminiscent of Pokémon 151 (the Japanese graphic tee line), seeing as this is Hot Topic, after all, but that is just wishful thinking, I'm almost sure. Eh, they'll probably come up with something at least sort of decent, I imagine, so I'll just try and have faith for now.

EDIT:
Why would we be getting info about gen 6 when Black and White 2 was just recently released?
Well, in all fairness they have been throwing us for a loop recently, but still, it is very unlikely that news will come this year (I think, at least!).

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Well, I'm kind of disappointed. Sure, I like Mew and all, but Deoxys has went from 61% against it, then to 67, 68, and now 69%. I thought for sure it would at least stand more of a chance than that if it didn't flat-out win! Ho-Oh's losing is also a little surprising/disappointing, but not as much as Deoxys's. Now then, seeing as we more or less know who's made it to Round 3, this is where things get really interesting (except for Groudon vs. Mew, which I believe is pretty obvious: 151). I'm especially curious about whether longtime favorite Lugia will take down not-quite-as-longtime favorite Rayquaza or not. It seems like an especially tough match-up to me, so I'm not honestly sure. Really, though, I'm just glad that Arceus didn't win, even if Deoxys didn't, either. I like all of the Pokémon left so far, so that means I'm very likely going to be getting a new shirt to show off my nerdiness sometime this year, so that's exciting, too. The only thing I really have left to worry about now is just how cool said shirt is. I very much want to see something reminiscent of Pokémon 151 (the Japanese graphic tee line), seeing as this is Hot Topic, after all, but that is just wishful thinking, I'm almost sure. Eh, they'll probably come up with something at least sort of decent, I imagine, so I'll just try and have faith for now.

EDIT:

Well, in all fairness they have been throwing us for a loop recently, but still, it is very unlikely that news will come this year (I think, at least!).

You obviously really like Deoxys (your name gives that away), but honestly, I'm not surprised at all that Mew is beating Deoxys. For those of us who have been into the franchise since its humble beginnings in Red and Blue, Mew was the ultimate Pokemon; the rarest of the rare, the Pokemon that wasn't even supposed to be. Morimoto added Mew into Red and Green's coding and didn't tell Nintendo. Originally you could only get Mew by abusing the game's coding, by going to see the Weedle guy and doing that whole series of actions. When Nintendo found out that Mew was in the game, they "officially" released it in an event, starting the tradition of event Pokemon.

Not only is its design cute, but Mew heralds to a nostalgia in Pokemon's oldest fans. Deoxys was released in the third generation, and although 3rd gen was awesome, it isn't RBY or even GSC. Because of the nostalgia associated with Mew and the fact that it is the "original" ultimate rare Pokemon, it is completely unsurprising that it's beating Deoxys. It wouldn't surprise me if Mew wins this whole Power Bracket - I definitely think it will beat Groudon next week, but once we get to Mew vs Lugia/Rayquaza, the tides may turn in favor of someone else. I definitely think it's possible, though, for Mew to end up being in the finals.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
http://www.nickandmore.com/2012/07/31/cartoon-network-ratings-highlights-for-july-2012/

Saturday morning’s (6:30–11 a.m.) presentation of action-adventure programming earned double-digit delivery increases across all kid and boy demos vs. July 2011, ranging between 27% and 36%. Beyblade: Metal Masters (8 a.m.) and Pokémon BW: Rival Destinies (8:30 a.m.) both earned dramatic delivery gains compared with last year. Beyblade: Metal Masters achieved double-digit delivery growth across all demos—between 73% and 92%. Pokémon BW: Rival Destinies scored triple digit gains vs. the previous time period across all target demos, ranging between 115% and 166%.

Pokemon just keeps getting higher and higher ratings.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
For those of us who have been into the franchise since its humble beginnings in Red and Blue, Mew was the ultimate Pokemon; the rarest of the rare, the Pokemon that wasn't even supposed to be.
Yes, I too like Mew quite a bit (even if I can't fully appreciate its 1st Gen. status, seeing as I started playing the games during Gen. 2). In fact, perhaps I'm one of the few, but I like Mew even better than Mewtwo, especially since one of its signature abilities is the same as my favorite non-Legendary: ;132;.
Not only is its design cute, but Mew heralds to a nostalgia in Pokemon's oldest fans.
Because of the nostalgia associated with Mew and the fact that it is the "original" ultimate rare Pokemon, it is completely unsurprising that it's beating Deoxys.
I don't know, I suppose after seeing all three Birds (and Ho-Oh) lose to newer counterparts, along with the results of the "Vote to Befriend a Pokémon" poll previously, I just figured that nostalgia didn't mean as much as one would think. It seems you just can't keep an old favorite down, however, at least in this particular poll!
It wouldn't surprise me if Mew wins this whole Power Bracket
I for one would be a little surprised, but yes, it is definitely one of the more likely possibilities out of the ones that are left. If it does win, I sure wouldn't complain, either: I'd be excited for some readily available Mew merchandise and downloads!
I definitely think it's possible, though, for Mew to end up being in the finals.
After seeing its performance this round, agreed. It can definitely beat Darkrai if it can beat Deoxys, and it may just be able to beat Celebi, too. Now what would be really great would be to see a repeat of Mewtwo Strikes Back for the finals! I would quite like that; who didn't love that movie, Gen. 1 player or not?

Aegon

After seeing its performance this round, agreed. It can definitely beat Darkrai if it can beat Deoxys, and it may just be able to beat Celebi, too.
It could easily beat the latter, but I'm not sure about Darkrai. Darkrai is revered far more than Deoxys is. I think Darkrai or Mewtwo will win, although with the likes of Rayquaza, Mew and Giratina present, it's hard to call.

It could easily beat the latter, but I'm not sure about Darkrai. Darkrai is revered far more than Deoxys is. I think Darkrai or Mewtwo will win, although with the likes of Rayquaza, Mew and Giratina present, it's hard to call.

I doubt that darkrai will win, He's a legend but I dont think he is as wanted as others like Mewtwo. Between mew and rayquaza, could go either way but Mewtwo will defiately beat Girantina.

SmartD

For Round 3 of the Power Bracket, I voted for Celebi, Mewtwo, Mew, and Lugia. Either Celebi or Mew will win the whole thing, I think.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
For Round 3 of the Power Bracket, I voted for Celebi, Mewtwo, Mew, and Lugia. Either Celebi or Mew will win the whole thing, I think.

We voted the same :) And I agree; I think this is going to end up being either Mewtwo vs. Mew or Mewtwo vs. Celebi.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Isnt this going to result in the giveaway in the pack the pokemon is in, so wouldnt mewtwo vs mew yield the same results seeing as they're a duo.

I don't understand your question here. No, Mewtwo vs. Mew won't result in the same rewards. If Mewtwo wins, then the giveaway pack and the shirt will have Mewtwo. If Mew wins, then the giveaway pack and the shirt will have Mew. They aren't being given away together.

Last edited:

R_N

I'm guessing it will come to Mew vs Celebi next round
Wonder who will come out on top. Celebi has proven more popular than I thought it would, but Mew has maintained a "landslide" of votes in every round so far