• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Floette

Fennekin
I have heard a rumor that Ken Sugimori tweeted that he is beginning concept art for 6th gen. I checked but, alas, I cannot read Japanese.

Can anyone confirm this?

R_N

I love/hate that Pikachu 3ds so much

I love it because it looks neat
I hate it because we'll never get it

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
At a glance, none of his recent tweets have even mentioned Pokémon

Fact is, Gen VI preparation was likely to start in 2010. At this point, they should be done with the species and well into the game development

I wonder what surprises await us in Generation 6?

I love/hate that Pikachu 3ds so much

I love it because it looks neat
I hate it because we'll never get it

Same here and I don't even like Pikachu that much.

Floette

Fennekin
At a glance, none of his recent tweets have even mentioned Pokémon

Fact is, Gen VI preparation was likely to start in 2010. At this point, they should be done with the species and well into the game development

Ahh, that is even better then :) Thanks for the responses everyone.

R_N

I know,..but we've gotten the pokemon gameboy, SP's DS's yadda yadda from the past outside of japan before.

If Bulbapedia is accurate, the Pikachu DS Lite (or the Daisuke Club one but that gets a pass) never made it outside Japan, even though the Dialga/Palkia ones did

edit: Can't say I remember seeing the Pikachu SP, either.
Or any of these SP variants, goodness there were a lot of them.

Profesco

gone gently
If Bulbapedia is accurate, the Pikachu DS Lite (or the Daisuke Club one but that gets a pass) never made it outside Japan, even though the Dialga/Palkia ones did

edit: Can't say I remember seeing the Pikachu SP, either.
Or any of these SP variants, goodness there were a lot of them.

The Nintendo World Store in NYC (and perhaps mostly back when it was the Pokemon Center NY) had the Pikachu SP. It also had the Charizard and Venusaur SPs, and I think I saw Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza there too. They had a bunch of Pokemon-themed game systems there. If I had been rich back then, I'd have them all here at my house now, ahaha. :p

Floette

Fennekin
The Pikachu 3DS looks absolutely fantastic in my opinion, and if I could, I would definitely look at getting one.

Most of the themed consoles are exclusive for Japan, but personally, I am currently using a Pokemon White Limited Edition DSi that I purchased in a pack with English Pokemon White.

That is the only themed console I have, and I am glad I got it when I did.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
Mewtwo is losing to Rayquaza. o_O I didn't expect that.
Yeah, definitely an unexpected twist to me! Here I was, thinking I knew the fanbase, but then Lugia loses, then Mewtwo loses... I think the community is just trying to make me feel like an idiot.
Well, either that or the old-school fans aren't interested enough in shopping at Hot Topic, maybe. I'm not sure which.
Mewtwo vs. Mew would be the BEST contest ever.
I know! We could know how fans would have voted for Mewtwo Strikes Back to end, but alas, perhaps some other day.
Odds are Rayquaza will win.
Right... I don't know, it's close, but Mew has had a steady 55% for days now, so I'm thinking Mew will win it. If it is still over 51% by Tuesday morning, I'm calling it.

And on the topic of the new 3DS design, I have to say, it is cool and all, but it so could have been better if they had found a way to make the cameras be Pikachu's eyes! Oh, and I would have preferred a Kyurem 3DS, but oh well.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I know! We could know how fans would have voted for Mewtwo Strikes Back to end, but alas, perhaps some other day.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It would be like Mewtwo Strikes Back!

Right... I don't know, it's close, but Mew has had a steady 55% for days now, so I'm thinking Mew will win it. If it is still over 51% by Tuesday morning, I'm calling it.

What do you think they'd do if Mew and Rayquaza ended up tying?