• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Flame Mistress

Is this a new pokémon!?!?

kuraudia.png

No, it's not. It's not in Sugumori's style.

Anyway, for those of you who don't have a 3DS and live in America, stop complaining - it's only $170, which is equivalent to about £105 in the UK, far less than what they sell it for here!

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
God, I hope it's not on 3DS. I don't want to spend $200 dollars to play the next game.

The franchise always moves to the current handheld console generation at the start of each Generation.

Red/Blue was on GameBoy
Gold/Silver was on GameBoy Color
Ruby/Sapphire was on GameBoy Advance
Diamond/Pearl was on DS
Black/White was on DS

The DS is no longer being supported. It's an eight year old dead console

Mitja

Veteran smartass
Agreed, it still means nothing. There is no credible information that a next gen will arrive.

We got an overdue 3DS changeover which would of course happen through a set of gen VI games, coupled with the fact that gamefreak has had the 3DS devkit in their hands for 3 years...
We got the last "secret" pokemon Genesect revealed in a rushed manner for some reason, which also opens the question what the next 2 months will reveal regarding the 2013 movie as they always do.

So, nope there is no clear word saying "you will see gen VI soon", even though that seems like the most likely possibility.

xXPantheraXx

Okay, again, no, this is alarmist, baseless and overreactive.
Hardly. All of the facts point towards 6th Gen coming in 2013, as well as new Pokemon being revealed in Movie 16.

- DS is dead, the 3DS has been out for about 2 years now; a main Pokemon game for it is NEEDED for sales.
- Junichi Masuda appearing sometime in January on Pokemon Smash.
- Genesect being revealed in July, a year before it stars in its "Own" movie.
- Gamefreak rushing the release of B2/W2
- The new Merchandise for Movie 16 covering up Pokemon. NEW Pokemon. They won't be new forms, what games would the forms be on?
- Best Wishes rushing the whole damn saga, not to mention Genesect will be in Episode N as well.

I'm sure there are more, but if those aren't enough for you then I don't think I need to post them. You'll just find some way to call them baseless.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Okay, again, no, this is alarmist, baseless and overreactive.

And the constant need to dismiss peoples speculation/anticipating or whatever it is is boring. Sure, the news thread isn't the place to speculate, but it doesn't mean there needs to be one of a few members constantly shooting down peoples thoughts about the future replying to every post that contains something speculative.

To keep this post on topic, so with there being two "unknown" pieces of merchandise, I'm thinking that one will be some legendary from the past generations while the other will be some random pokémon that will be used as a catalyst for another event in the next spin-off/main series game around that time. Very general I know, but nothing wrong with thinking of the usual!

Doodles

Espurr will HM01 you
Panthera makes a few good points. I especially can't disagree with the statement that B2/W2 felt rushed.

Anyways, I like what Ninja-Mage said about integrating Spot Pass and Street Pass into the next game. What other mechanics are you guys looking forward to in the next Pokemon game?

BCVM22

- DS is dead, the 3DS has been out for about 2 years now; a main Pokemon game for it is NEEDED for sales.

Not "NEEDED" for sales at all. The 3DS is doing beyond fine so far.

- Junichi Masuda appearing sometime in January on Pokemon Smash.

Yes, and doesn't this turn out to be something completely innocuous a fair portion of the time?

- Gamefreak rushing the release of B2/W2

Rushing? Does releasing it about four months ahead of where we thought they might really count as rushing?

- The new Merchandise for Movie 16 covering up Pokemon. NEW Pokemon. They won't be new forms, what games would the forms be on?

Don't these too end up being something reasonably mundane much of the time as well?

- Best Wishes rushing the whole damn saga, not to mention Genesect will be in Episode N as well.

Okay, but if they're starting a whole new saga right now, doesn't that indicate that they need to fill about a year or more worth of material before they have actual new stuff to work with?

You'll just find some way to call them baseless.

What you posted is almost entirely circumstantial. Factual, yes, but as much as each of them indicates potential for new material - potential, not guarantee - you seem to be purposely ignoring the fact that nearly all of them entail possibilities, and even more importantly, possibilities with precedent, that don't involve an explosion of new material in 2013. That's the issue here, the leaping endlessly to conclusions and the balking when anyone says "slow your roll, there, pilgrim."

And the constant need to dismiss peoples speculation/anticipating or whatever it is is boring.

Well gosh, sorry to bore you.

but it doesn't mean there needs to be one of a few members constantly shooting down peoples thoughts about the future replying to every post that contains something speculative.

Okay. Does it mean that there needs to be deluges of members speculating endlessly over circumstantial evidence, much less in what is ostensibly a thread that exists to discuss actual news? That would seem to be the crux of your post, that speculating is okay but countering it is not.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Too much hate......Can't we all just be happy?

@BVCM22, there's no need to go crazy because there's a little speculation on the news thread. They're only trying to interpret Masuda's cryptic statement, and if we had it your way, everyone's post would sound like this: "Gamefreak said that they're evolving the world of Pokemon, and I don't know what that means."

That being said, I DO in fact believe Gen VI will be released this upcoming year, maybe not in the beginning, but maybe at the end of the year (Like mid-August to October) so that Episode N can have some breathing room before rushing into Gen 6. Unless they treat Episode N like the Orange Islands and introduce some new Pokemon.

Sorry I'm speculating. This is my prediction of how the year will go.

BCVM22

and if we had it your way, everyone's post would sound like this: "Gamefreak said that they're evolving the world of Pokemon, and I don't know what that means."

That's... I'm not even sure what you're getting at here. If I had it may way, everyone would be posting vague unknowns...?

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
That's... I'm not even sure what you're getting at here. If I had it may way, everyone would be posting vague unknowns...?

He's saying if everyone was like you, then there would be no speculation as nothing would be regarded as evidence. Even Serebii posted that there may be new forms or pokemon in the merchandise. Although I think we won't see a reveal till atleast the last week of January. Oh hey PMD IS being released q1 next year. Looks like I was right.

BCVM22

He's saying if everyone was like you, then there would be no speculation as nothing would be regarded as evidence.

See, that's not the case at all. Evidence is one thing. We have Masuda making another of his appearances, we have the annual "question mark on a merchandise flyer", fine, whatever. Those are there.

It's the taking of that evidence, ignoring any potential meanings of it aside from the juicy ones, and assuming it to absolutely mean the more spectacular outcomes. Again, that's the issue - the ignoring of the more mundane potential outcomes in favor of what makes for a flashier headline.

rook09

Of science.
Yes, this could mean anything. It could mean Gen 6 (which I would quite like), it could mean R/S/E remakes (which I would also quite like, but for some reason can't see happening), it could mean new side game.
It could also mean a change in graphics, game mechanics, anything!

There are lots of things which point to it being Gen 6, and we can speculate, but we shouldn't get our hopes up - we know what GameFreak are like for tricking many of us into believing a new Pokemon, form, game, or something like that is being released. We shouldn't just shoot down what people think and speculate; we don't know what is going on behind the scenes at GameFreak. But we shouldn't go full-on believing it is something like Gen 6 before we get a definite sign. It is generic, but, you know, I'm just going to go with it.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Do we have a time for approximately when Junichi Masuda was going to appear on Pokemon Sunday. I know it will be in January, but will it be earlier as opposed to later, or what?

Do we have a time for approximately when Junichi Masuda was going to appear on Pokemon Sunday. I know it will be in January, but will it be earlier as opposed to later, or what?

Can someone source the announcement he would be appearing on the show? I'm not denying the possibility of gen 6 being announced, I'm actually quite for it. I just want all my facts straight when I discuss this with my Pokemon fight club. I mean Pokemon gentlemons group...

xXPantheraXx

Can someone source the announcement he would be appearing on the show? I'm not denying the possibility of gen 6 being announced, I'm actually quite for it. I just want all my facts straight when I discuss this with my Pokemon fight club. I mean Pokemon gentlemons group...
Masuda said it himself on twitter that he was taping an appearance for Pokemon Smash in early December. They usually tape appearances about a month in advance, so I'm betting either the 2nd or 3rd week in January. If there's a new episode tonight, we're likely to get a preview of when he'll be appearing.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
So some teaser for an announcement is coming on January 8th. Now, I'm not jumping to conclusions, but is there any chance that the Masuda thing will also be to do with this? Things are looking more and more exciting...

xXPantheraXx

So some teaser for an announcement is coming on January 8th. Now, I'm not jumping to conclusions, but is there any chance that the Masuda thing will also be to do with this? Things are looking more and more exciting...
Well apparently Masuda is going to be on the Jan 6th episode of Smash, so it would be quite odd to announce new Games 2 days later. Very interesting to say the least, especially since the 8th is a Tuesday.