• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Mucrush

Legendary Cake
So wait, They have an international announcement coming on January 8th. And this is the only known thing. No one knows if it's Gen VI or R/S/E remakes, correct?

Nope, but last time we had a worldwide announcement, was back with Zekrom and Reshiram... which was for BW .w.

Please refrain from arguing. If you guys wanna do this, do it privately via PM.

I understand Wulava, but this is what happens everytime when a new game is announced. Some person comes along, claiming to work for PKMN, and posts stuff like that. All I want is proof from this guy. Because really, he could say he's the President of the United States and it would be just at creditable. If he can come on here on post stuff like that, he should also have to show what he's saying is true. Because I am willing to bet he hasn't worked on a SINGLE game in his life and knows just as much about the new games as somebody who isn't even familiar with the franchise.

BurningWhiteKyurem

It's not international. It's only broadcast in Japan.

It's also not going to be anything major, I don't understand how it's sparked so much ********.

Consider that in the manga section, VIZ released an announcement saying that R/S manga arcs are going to be released, and you can see why everyone herpderped into thinking "OMFG CONFIRMED R/S/E REMAKES". As for Gen VI, IIRC, people are hyping that because apparently Masuda or a GF worker said Gen V was going to be fast-paced...hence why this thing is being given more hype than it deserves IMO.

inb4eventdownloads
inb4sequeltopokemonkeyboardgame (lol)

Last edited:

Vecherom

Lavaridge Trainer
Wow so much hype >.> I was thinking large scale things here. Personally either a R/S/E remake or a Gen VI would be nice, but I feel like it's too soon after BW 2 to be releasing anything.

Beeblebrox

It's not international. It's only broadcast in Japan.

It's also not going to be anything major, I don't understand how it's sparked so much ********.

Have we not been paying attention today?

The Pokemon sites in the West are hyping this one up as well.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Consider that in the manga section, VIZ released an announcement saying that R/S manga arcs are going to be released, and you can see why everyone herpderped into thinking "OMFG CONFIRMED R/S/E REMAKES". As for Gen VI, IIRC, people are hyping that because apparently Masuda or a GF worker said Gen V was going to be fast-paced...hence why this thing is being given more hype than it deserves IMO.

inb4eventdownloads
inb4sequeltopokemonkeyboardgame (lol)

I'd like a look into the minds of those who jumped to conclusions with that information. Actually, on second though, no I wouldn't.

I see that now, but no, I don't pay attention to announcements of announcements. The very practice of a company announcing they're making an announcement is stupid, because people do exactly what's going on here. Waste time.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

No that was the fan base themselves.

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
No that was the fan base themselves.

The sites are hyping too. The Pokémon Facebook page said to everybdy check out the announcement on the official Pokémon site. It is going to be worldwide and big

Stereotypical Nerd

Many hints for RSE remakes... I think a major one is Dive making it's return...

Also, I have felt that it might be a side game/spin off, such as Pokemon Ranger or Pokemon Conquest (I'd like to see a sequel for this game. I absolutely loved it :p)

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Didn't someone from Gamefreak say that the first main games for the 3DS wouldn't be remakes? I could have sworn I read that somewhere, I think in an interview, but I can't find it anymore.

Either way, I don't feel like we're getting remakes right now.

Didn't someone from Gamefreak say that the first main games for the 3DS wouldn't be remakes? I could have sworn I read that somewhere, I think in an interview, but I can't find it anymore.

Either way, I don't feel like we're getting remakes right now.

I read that somewhere as well. But, since I don't know where I read it from, I didn't want to mention it.

Honeyichigo

The manliest

Honeyichigo

The manliest
True, buuuuuut its still possible ;D

Wasn't pressure from Nintendo to stop making DS games part of why we got proper sequels instead of Grey? Like, they had to either do something really impressive or get off the DS. I read that somewhere, too.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
If anything, we won't be seeing Pokemon games for the DS anymore. The Pokemon world will evolve into the 3DS now.