• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
there's references to other regions too..

I'm just saying, staff or not, a person has no right to act like a know it all. :/ It could be R/S remakes, it could be Gen VI. Who the hell knows at this point? None of us, that's for sure.

Ruby & Sapphire Remakes would feel like a replay of BW2 to me. BW2 had a "tropical" feeling to it. Not to mention the Hoenn Gym Leaders as well as a Desert...

... so what? The Sinnoh had more of a tropical feel, and it also had a desert. Doesn't mean a damn thing.

Pilpulp

美的
Yet there are still references to Hoenn found in B/W1 and B/W2.

Aren't their refrences to every region? One character says one thing about the Hoenn region and then everyone is 100% the next game will be R/S/E remakes. I am 70% sure this will not be R/S/E, and will either be Gen 6 or something that none of us has thought of.

Could the annoucement even be a GAME? The chances are it is, but it could not be. Maybe it's an announcent regarding GAMEFREAK. Not that their ending pokemon I've heard that one... But maybe a project who knows!

Now, don't get mad at me for anything I've said, just ideas, just thinking of things people haven't.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm just saying, staff or not, a person has no right to act like a know it all. :/ It could be R/S remakes, it could be Gen VI. Who the hell knows at this point? None of us, that's for sure.

Oh, I'm not trying to act like a know-it-all. I'm not even closing the possibilities. I want an RS remake, too. I'm just trying to point out possible reasons why the next game can't be RS yet.

halloweenghost

Oh, I'm not trying to act like a know-it-all. I'm not even closing the possibilities. I want an RS remake, too. I'm just trying to point out possible reasons why the next game can't be RS yet.
+

This...you have to have reasons for both..not just leanign towards the positives.. thats how you get youself hyped up if you only focus on the positive possibilities... you gotta look at the reasons why there won't be as well..

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
Aren't their refrences to every region? One character says one thing about the Hoenn region and then everyone is 100% the next game will be R/S/E remakes. I am 70% sure this will not be R/S/E, and will either be Gen 6 or something that none of us has thought of.

Could the annoucement even be a GAME? The chances are it is, but it could not be. Maybe it's an announcent regarding GAMEFREAK. Not that their ending pokemon I've heard that one... But maybe a project who knows!

Now, don't get mad at me for anything I've said, just ideas, just thinking of things people haven't.

Again, I'm just saying the proof Gen VI exists, but so does the proof for R/S remakes. I'm not arguing which is weaker and which is stronger, just that we're all the same on this: clueless. Left wondering. I get ticked when either side acts like they know for absolute certainty that they know what it is. I doubt any of us here are employed by GameFreak, TPCi, or Nintendo. Joe gets inside scoops but even he admitted that for this case, he knows nothing. So no one should act all high and mighty.

JD

If we get a new game title on Tuesday the game will come out in like May or June right? B2W2 was revealed in February and got released in June.

rocky505

If we get a new game title on Tuesday the game will come out in like May or June right? B2W2 was revealed in February and got released in June.
It really depends on what it is though. If it's the 6th gen games they will advertise them like crazy and reveal new pokemon in Coro Coro for months. Now if it was RS remakes then they would possibly be released in May or June because there wouldn't be as much to reveal.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I read somewhere that Marlon in the Japanese version had a Kyushu accent. Guess what region is based on Kyushu? Hoenn.

RS remakes confirmed.

I hope they just reveal a brand-new Pokemon that's not related to Eevee. Something that's as cute as Oshawott would be nice. I just think it's a bit too early for them to be revealing a new game.

Pilpulp

美的
Again, I'm just saying the proof Gen VI exists, but so does the proof for R/S remakes. I'm not arguing which is weaker and which is stronger, just that we're all the same on this: clueless. Left wondering. I get ticked when either side acts like they know for absolute certainty that they know what it is. I doubt any of us here are employed by GameFreak, TPCi, or Nintendo. Joe gets inside scoops but even he admitted that for this case, he knows nothing. So no one should act all high and mighty.

I'm not trying to act all high and mighty, sorry if I am. But...
What are some reasons that the next game shouldn't be in Gen 6?

Last edited:

halloweenghost

RS remakes confirmed.

I hope they just reveal a brand-new Pokemon that's not related to Eevee. Something that's as cute as Oshawott would be nice. I just think it's a bit too early for them to be revealing a new game.

why? there have been many reasons given as to why it's not too early... sure it is early compared to the past gens.. but there are good reasons as to why this maybe changed.

Chaos Rush

oh but guys, there's lots of black/white references in black 2 & white 2, so maybe they're going to do a black/white remake!

come to think of it, there's lots of black 2 references in white 2, and white 2 references in black 2, so the announcement must be a back 2/white 2 remake guys!!!!!11!!!1!!one!!!!

but wait a minute.

theres a black/white reference in black2 & white 2. and in black/white, there's a hg/ss reference when the plasma grunt talkks about team rockets failure. and in hg/ss theres a fr/lg reference. and in fr/lg theres a mario reference in the copycats house in saffron sitty. so that must mean...

SMB1 REMAKE FOR THE 3DS!!!!!!!! THATS THE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Does everyone agree that this thing will not be a spinoff?

Yes, I b'lieve so.

Let's discuss WHY THIS ANNOUNCEMENT CAN'T BE RS REMAKES...

:: The Regi Trio, and Lati@s are already obtainable in the most recent games.
:: There is currently an ongoing event that distributes Groudon and Kyogre in Pokemon Centres in Japan in commemoration of Ruby & Sapphire 10th Anniversary.
:: Rayquaza was distributed early last year.
:: Deoxys was recently distributed in various Aeon Stores & Jump Festa last month.

If RS remakes is to be announced as the next game, it doesn't make sense to distribute the game's legendaries (especially the mascot) that will be obtainable in the game to begin with.

If anything, RS should've been released instead of B2W2 to commemorate it's 10th anniversary.

*applause*

So, just to be clear, because I'm rather slow on the uptake; you're trying to put the kibosh on all the starter and legendary speculation back a few pages, not the bickering about what games it could be, right?

That's the same reasoning that people used to claim that Gold & Silver wouldn't be remade, but we got remakes anyway. Well okay, maybe it's a little different. I'm talking about the people who said remakes of GS wouldn't happen because we already had the GS Legendaries like Ho-Oh and Lugia from Colosseum and XD respectively, and from the 10th anniversary events, as well as Entei, Raikou, Suicune and Celebi from the latter event.

Those were pains in the buttocks, though, due to requiring all manners of outdated hardware to obtain. All of the Hoenn legendaries were available this generation via crisp, clean WiFi event.

The other arguments were lack of compatibility between GSC and modern games and GSC carts having dying internal batteries, which isn't as applicable to Gen III.

I'm just saying, staff or not, a person has no right to act like a know it all. :/ It could be R/S remakes, it could be Gen VI. Who the hell knows at this point?

well, I mean

who knows what manner of secrets a staff member may know

I've heard Joe knows when Pokemon will end

A project GameFreak undergoes would be a game. If it wasn't a Pokemon game, they wouldn't be advertising it almost exclusively to Pokemon fans.

More like late summer/early fall.

Last edited:

JD

Just noticed if we are lucky and they make the announcement at Midnight we'll have information by 10:00 Am tomorrow Morning.

halloweenghost

Just noticed if we are lucky and they make the announcement at Midnight we'll have information by 10:00 Am tomorrow Morning.

I'm not sure why but i just have a feeling it won't be announced at midnight :p... just a feeling..not sure why lol

Pokénaut

RS remakes confirmed.

I don't think you caught my sarcasm ;)

I honestly think it could be anything at this point. The speculation is so convoluted at this point, I don't even know what to think. It seems to be split between Generation 6 and R/S/E remake. I'm sure anything less than that will be accused of over-hype.

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
It's not going to be R/S Remakes. It's a major announcement, just a remake probably wouldn't have this much hype. I'm not saying a Remake wouldn't be hyped, but this is being announced in every possible media: Facebook, Twitter, Official Site. It's going to be Gen VI. With a new Eevolution probably.