• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
It's games for sure. Junichi masuda posted how he has not slept well because of the countdown on twitter.

みなさん、おはようございます!マスダもあんまり寝れず(笑)!ついにこの日が来ました!!カウントダウンも13時間を切りました!!!(^^)/~~~

translated

Good morning, everyone! Masuda not sleep too well (laughs)! This day I have come at last! ! Than 13 hours off the countdown! ! ! (^ ^) / ~ ~ ~

and he makes the game. So at least he knows what is in store.

I wonder if this is a huge step for the franchise. I doubt it is just a regular jump to a new console sicne they are giving this a 10 minute video right from the start. plus getting Iwata to honk his own.

Angry Ancestor

I am setting my alarm for 5:45 so I can hear the announcement at 6 before school. It's perfect. I doubt I'll even be able to think straight tomorrow in class.

gliscor&yanmega

I have a feeling the announcement would be about the entire future of the franchise, not a 6th gen reveal. If someone higher than the head of development for the main series pokemon games is making this announcement, then it has to be much more serious than some new game coming out.

I'm sure the next generation of Pokemon is pretty serious for them. It means a new step forward and to expand Pokemon more.

Angry Ancestor

I have a feeling the announcement would be about the entire future of the franchise, not a 6th gen reveal. If someone higher than the head of development for the main series pokemon games is making this announcement, then it has to be much more serious than some new game coming out.

How else could they affect the future without new games? Any examples?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
im pretty sure the internet will explode with all the talk on this site after the announcement drops. i really want the R/S remake, but i wont mind gen 6. id prefer its held off until i have more money though :S

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8

Pilpulp

美的
This thread has GREW since yesterday! I haven't had time to read it all, but have we ever had a "Pokemon Direct" before?

If not, I think it might be a annoucement that isn't related to a main series game, or any game for that matter.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
12 hours 3 mins.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I wonder if Pokemon will be trending on Twitter during the stream. I still have clue how they plan to evolve. 12 hours to go. will be nice to get questions answered

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It's games for sure. Junichi masuda posted how he has not slept well because of the countdown on twitter.

translated

Good morning, everyone! Masuda not sleep too well (laughs)! This day I have come at last! ! Than 13 hours off the countdown! ! ! (^ ^) / ~ ~ ~

This logic makes no sense

ebevan91

I'm glad I have some ways to pass the time until 5AM.

-BCS National Championship game in about 2 hours (should be over by 11PM)
-NBA: Grizzlies vs. Kings
-Skyrim for an hour or so
-Go to bed at midnight
-Sleep until 5AM

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

translated

Hmm Masuda said 13 hours of countdown, Weedle is the 13th pokémon in the natural Pokédex, the announcement is on the 8th, Wartortle is the 8th pokémon in the natural Pokédex and January is the first month and Bulbasaur is the first pokémon in the natural Pokédex.....

Oh Ma GOdZ!!! Weedle Is GetTing a FuZon foRm WitH Wartortle AnD Bulbasaur U kNow what ThIS MEanZZZ!??

Venustoise Is FinallY goINg To be real!!!!!.

NOTE: I wasn't being serous I thought I would have some fun and hopefully make some people laugh.

It's obviously Pokemon Black and White 3.

*Sigh* And would you care to explain why you think that it's "obviously" Pokémon Black and White 3? Despite the fact that Black and White 2 pretty much wrapped the story up and left no open ending.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3