• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

JD

I was here for the pre Gen V days I wasn't here for the pre Gen IV days though. ( I was here for Platinum, HGSS, B/W, B2W2)

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
8:50 mins accoding to this live stream video on youtube. Btw if you want to watch the live stream type in "ZephyrSonic" on the youtube search bar. His icon is a Samurott. So it should be easy to find.

Or Joe will embed the stream to the site. Let's hope he can get it to work.

rocky505

8:50 mins accoding to this live stream video on youtube. Btw if you want to watch the live stream type in "ZephyrSonic" on the youtube search bar. His icon is a Samurott. So it should be easy to find.
Or you can watch the actual thing on Nintendo's website. That way you can actually hear the stream and not a random dude talking.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I wish it was 10pm already -the time when it'll be viewable in my country.

Also I assume that this will be in Japanese right? I wonder how long it'll take for someone to translate it or at least dub the footage.

Lol, who else is staring at the clock right now?

It's worldwide, I'm sure it will be available in English.

same here.. been throguh alot of these now...

No matter how much you try to prepare, or how used to it you think you are, you're always wrong.

tayetayetv1

I know i`m gonna get alot of haters when i say this but whatever. I really really really really hope that if they do announce remakes tomorrow. That they are playable for all ds systems. But knowing my luck there gonna be for the 3DS. :(

ebevan91

same here.. been throguh alot of these now...

I've only been through BW2.

I quit playing Pokemon before the DS and 4th gen came out. I got back into Pokemon when White released. I bought Platinum on the same day as White, then HG almost a year later.

halloweenghost

Or you can watch the actual thing on Nintendo's website. That way you can actually hear the stream and not a random dude talking.

which he does alot.. i remmeber whatching the stream for stuff for black and white 2 and he would not shut up people were getting mad because they were trying to hear lol

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I know i`m gonna get alot of haters when i say this but whatever. I really really really really hope that if they do announce remakes tomorrow. That they are playable for all ds systems. But knowing my luck there gonna be for the 3DS. :(

They are. Might as well get over the disappointment now.

dman_dustin

Let's move back to speculating what this announcement actually could be.

Well here's some guesses:

1. Masuda is excited about the announcement, and since Gamefreak aren't involved with Spin-offs it can't be a spin-off unless Gamefreak starts doing that.

2. It can really only be 3 options: Remakes, 6th gen, or some brand new non-next generation Pokémon game that takes place in a another region (other than Unova) but is still relevant to 5th generation.

Of the only real options, it makes more sense for it to be 6th generation than anything else. You can't start from scratch with possible brand new game mechanics, but start off with a remake, that just doesn't make any sense. A new generation allows a lot more space to work with. When they have finalized the 6th gen engine and figured out the new game mechanics, etc, THEN they can apply this to remakes, and such and stuff. Gamefreak should theoretically be limited in what they can do for the remakes when transitioning from DS to 3DS, a new generation is less limited and makes far more sense to start with that.

But I'm not discounting the possibility that it might be remakes, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:

Angry Ancestor

With you all the way on this one!

PokeTimmy

Collector
Dont they usually reveal at least one Pokemon before logos.

Considering the amount of hype this got I'm expecting a bit more than the usual.

It's actually about 9 hours right now

It is 8:19 on the east coast of North America (Eastern Standard Time).

According to Serebii's calculations, the announcement at 8pm in Japan falls at 6am EST.

8:19pm today until 6:00am tomorrow morning is just under 10 hours in time.

Ausgirl

Well here's some guesses:

1. Masuda is excited about games, and since Gamefreak are involved with Spin-offs it can't be a spin-off unless Gamefreak started doing that.

2. It can really only be 3 options: Remakes, 6th gen, or some brand new non-next generation Pokémon game that takes place in a another region (other than Unova) but is still relevant to 5th generation.

Of the only real options, it makes more sense for it to be 6th generation than anything else. You can't start from scratch with possible brand new game mechanics, but start off with a remake, that just doesn't make any sense. A new generation allows a lot more space to work with. When they have finalized the 6th gen engine and figured out the new game mechanics, etc, THEN they can apply this to remakes, and such and stuff. Gamefreak should theoretically be limited in what they can do for the remakes when transitioning from DS to 3DS, a new generation is less limited.

It's way too early for gen 6. Black and White have only been out for three years for Japan and two years for everyone else. Most gens last about 5 years or so.

I don't expect to hear about a new gen until the end of 2013 and even then it probably won't hit the shelves until 2014.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
when was this confirmed???????????????//

When everyone started thinking with portals logic.

It's way too early for gen 6. Black and White have only been out for three years for Japan and two years for everyone else. Most gens last about 5 years or so.

I don't expect to hear about a new gen until the end of 2013 and even then it probably won't hit the shelves until 2014.

Wrong. Longest lasting Gen was 4 years. Third and Fourth Gen. First and Second Gen were both three years old.