• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

dman_dustin

I basically hoping for a water/fire pokemon based on a platypus and a dark type gym

I find it odd that B2W2 introduced new gyms, but only poison and water, especially when "water" was for the most part already being done by Cress.

Edit:
Sorry, my point is, they could've did a dark gym, but maybe they were saving it for 6th gen. I don't have high hopes though. about 4 generations since the introduction of dark type and they still have yet to give it a gym.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
But going with that you said, isn't that how Dream Radar works? It's clearly a 3DS app, and it's writing to a DS cartridge, so couldn't the reverse be possible? A DS game writing data onto the hypothetical 3D (digital game) since I'm seeing the suggestion of some kind of Pokémon storage app, which is essentially what I'm asking.

Absolutely, an application that reads from a DS cart, saves data on the 3DS, and then writes to a 3DS cart is by far the easiest way and absolutely possible.

Pokegirl0102

I find it odd that B2W2 introduced new gyms, but only poison and water, especially when "water" was for the most part already being done by Cress.

Edit:
Sorry, my point is, they could've did a dark gym, but maybe they were saving it for 6th gen.

Yeah when i heard we was getting new leaders in B2W2 that was the first thing that cam to mind, and Marlon was really a waste of space on the game and anime

Not to mention that blk2 and wht2 have latias, latios, all the Regis, rayquaza events. Why would they release a 3rd gen remake? So we can catch all the same pkmn we caught in the game we just bought? I say 6th gen release, or.... There's something in blk2 wht2 we don't know about. Now they're telling us how to unlock it?! Nah. They're telling us how to evolve eevee in a new way in blk2 wht2 that we don't know about

Last edited:

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Worth it; from a business standpoint. Development time and costs vs return. What GameFreak and Nintendo as companies decide is final, if they don't think it's worth the money or time it wont happen.

Even from a business standpoint, you won't know whether or not it's worth it until it happens. For example, you think that this certain add-on idea would be liked by others and bought, you put it up, and find out that it's not receiving anything at all. Was it worth it for business? No. But then on this other thing, you have an idea, but think it's doing too good to be changed, sales keep on coming for the next release over and over, each release, but eventually, when people stop liking it and move on to something else and forget about it altogether, would you think it was worth it to miss that chance to possibly liven up the crowd and actually have something for them to remember, than nothing at all and also miss getting large sums of money? When you say "worth it" nothing is definite, it can be product destroying, or it can usher in a new age for a product, business or not, when something's "worth it" or not, there is no complete answer.

Crystal Power

I basically hoping for a water/fire pokemon based on a platypus and a dark type gym

Cool idea! I'd like a dark type Gym Leader too.

Marlon is terrible. I sure hope they didn't remove Lenora for Marlon.. >_>

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Even from a business standpoint, you won't know whether or not it's worth it until it happens.

That's not how businesses operate. They make a decision, and that's it. Particularly, once something becomes successful they're less and less likely to take risks and try new things. If they can't guarantee its success or profit it likely wont happen.

Ace of Shades

Guys look what I found on Pokejungle!

"Hello, I am a Janitor at Nintendo of America. While cleaning up last night I stumbled upon their plans for tomorrow’s nintendodirect stream. The names of the games are Pokemon Pine and Maple and will be on the 3DS, I also saw a map of the new region, it seems to be based on New Zealand and contains many forests. Tomorrow they are also showing a new Bug type Eeveelution, it seems to be based off of a wasp. They are also showing the starter pokemon the Grass Pokemon looks to be based on a Kiwi, the flightless bird not the fruit, the Water Pokemon is definetely a dolphin, and the Fire Pokemon is a rabbit." then in reply to himself "I almost forgot pokemon will be able to follow you around in the fully 3d world."

http://pokejungle.net/2013/01/07/pokemon-direct-january-8-announced/#comments(It is near the bottom, by Nintendo Boy)

Shadows of Destiny

"Hello, I am a Janitor at Nintendo of America. While cleaning up last night I stumbled upon their plans for tomorrow’s nintendodirect stream. The names of the games are Pokemon Pine and Maple and will be on the 3DS, I also saw a map of the new region, it seems to be based on New Zealand and contains many forests. Tomorrow they are also showing a new Bug type Eeveelution, it seems to be based off of a wasp. They are also showing the starter pokemon the Grass Pokemon looks to be based on a Kiwi, the flightless bird not the fruit, the Water Pokemon is definetely a dolphin, and the Fire Pokemon is a rabbit." then in reply to himself "I almost forgot pokemon will be able to follow you around in the fully 3d world."

http://pokejungle.net/2013/01/07/pokemon-direct-january-8-announced/#comments(It is near the bottom, by Nintendo Boy)
They don't leak it out much.

halloweenghost

a janitor? Really? a janitor?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

He was doing so well (relatively) 'till the last bit. We already know they're sticking with sprites and not going 3D.

Golly the Internet is made up of some funny people.

To say the least.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Even the Yellow Giant post was more believable than that, & I should know, I almost fell for it

dman_dustin

LOL.

I'm sorry but that's hilarious. A janitor stumbled upon plans for the Pokémon direct.

I can't see how that would happen unless he was "cleaning" a computer or near a computer and accidentally pressed a button and it played the video of the Pokémon direct and even then LOL.

Crystal Power

Janitor pls.

I feel stupid for even reading this....

DIARUGA Trainer

Rolling Fish

Man the rumor rubbish bin is going to be full tonight

PokeTimmy

Collector
Alright - I'm going to head to bed a bit early tonight and set my alarm for 5:45am EST.

Time will tell whether I actually get my lazy butt out of bed to catch the 10 minute announcement. If I don't, hopefully someone will record it and I can watch it later.

Here's to hoping the reveal will live up to the past 50 pages of hype. G'night all.