• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

R_N

deal with it?

deal with it can also be applied to complaints about in-store events vs wi-fi events!

Anyway, I'm sure a wi-fi version of the giveaway will follow through eventually. GameStop usually gets first dibs, then they go out on wi-fi a while after.

Recon

Found this picture while surfing the net.

533629_472428609484068_781969439_n.jpg

Bublapedia's said there's no official source as of yet, so I'm gonna label this fake for now. Looks fairly believable, but who knows, might be fake. If it is though, that's a pretty convincing fake pic.

BCVM22

It's hosted by someone's Facebook. Not the best sign as legitimacy is concerned.

Last edited:

R_N

Bublapedia's said there's no official source as of yet, so I'm gonna label this fake now. Looks fairly believable, but who knows, might be fake. If it is though, that's a pretty convincing fake pic.

It's fake
It's too early, the layout seems lacking for corocoro (& those logos at the bottom are so out of place), sunyshore says the japanese is awful

dman_dustin

got this from Pokebeach

We have received several e-mail reports of Gamestop stores displaying posters that advertise an exclusive Meloetta distribution that will take place from March 4th to March 24th. The distribution will be available to both Black and White and Black 2 and White 2 games. No other details were provided by the posters, but the Meloetta should match the one that was given out at Kyurem vs. the Sacred Swordsman screenings in Japan: it came at Level 15 with Round, Quick Attack, and Confusion and holding a PP Max.

Gee thanks Nintendo.

You distribute two Keldeo and at least one Genesect over Wifi, and now I have to have someone take me to Gamestop just for Meloetta, my favorite legendary.

Thanks.

But for Black/White and Black2/White2 players. Well at least I can get 2.
------------------

Edit: Why are there still store distribution events? I mean shouldn't Wifi have taken care of that?

I guess sure, people don't have wifi (though wouldn't any wifi place, work?) but I'm sure there are people who don't have access to store distributions either.

Bublapedia's said there's no official source as of yet, so I'm gonna label this fake for now. Looks fairly believable, but who knows, might be fake. If it is though, that's a pretty convincing fake pic.

Not going to lie, for a Fakemon, I like the bird.

Don't care for the Burmy clone, however. But wouldn't surprise me.

But I don't really care, glad their fake. We need real Pokémon not fakemon.

Last edited:

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Source is irrelevant. It is fake. The Japanese text is off. The height and weight don't follow the conventions set by the last 5 gens. The style of the page doesn't match. It's fake

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
But I must say, that bird is pretty well-designed... I wouldn't mind it if it was real. :p

I know it's fake, of course.

BCVM22

and now I have to have someone take me to Gamestop just for Meloetta, my favorite legendary.

Again with this.

Why are there still store distribution events? I mean shouldn't Wifi have taken care of that?

Can't promote merchandise and sales over Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi distributions were never intended to replace in-store events, merely to supplement them.

I guess sure, people don't have wifi (though wouldn't any wifi place, work?) but I'm sure there are people who don't have access to store distributions either.

Conclusion: no one, ever, anywhere, will ever be happy and the complaining will never stop.

Flame Mistress

Everything would just be a lot easier if they distributed it both through Gamestop and Wi-fi. Then I'm sure most people would be happy.

At least you Americans actually get the event...

rocky505

People should stop complaining about the event being at Gamestop and should just be glad we're getting one. They gave us freaking WiFi trading for a reason.

dman_dustin

Again with this.
I don't recall complaining much about in-store events but just so we're clear, I only responded because it was my first time seeing this Meloetta event.

The only real problem I have, is actually trying to get to Gamestop.

It's not like there's a Gamestop right outside my window, I mean if all else fails, I could go for a 30 minute/ hour walk depending on how long it would actually take me to get there, of course walking there is extremely hazardous.

But I suppose it could be worse, it could be a few hours away with a car.

Can't promote merchandise and sales over Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi distributions were never intended to replace in-store events, merely to supplement them.
I don't see your point unless you honestly believe people care to buy other games, even though most of them likely only came for the event Pokémon, making any other game purchases a lower priority.

Conclusion: no one, ever, anywhere, will ever be happy and the complaining will never stop.

I guess but I do like the idea of both Wifi and in-store event but I guess, yes, I can see why that would never be a problem.

People should stop complaining about the event being at Gamestop and should just be glad we're getting one. They gave us freaking WiFi trading for a reason.

Yeah, I prefer to get a free Pokémon, from an event, than have to satisfy some person's "need" for a particular Pokémon just to get an event Pokémon.

I'd rather go out of my way and have a specific Pokémon, for shiny Pokémon, since they are a lot more rare.

Atlanta-hammy

SmartD

Finally, I'll be able to get Meloetta and complete the National Dex. This is great news.

Torpoleon

Glad to know they finally announced the Meloetta event! If I got the Meloetta for White, did the event in Castelia and brought it over to White 2, would I be able to do the event with that same Meloetta (probably if I make it forget Relic Song)?

That would be a little more convenient for me, but if I have to get one Meloetta for White and one for White 2 (I want the Castelia Event done in both games), that's fine.

PokeTimmy

Collector
I'm glad we're finally getting the last piece to the Gen V puzzle, but am I the only person who misses event pokemon that are catchable in-game via a special ticket/pass?

For me, it's just much more satisfying to actually encounter and catch the event pokemon myself - rather than merely talking to some npc in the PokeMart and voila: You have an event pokemon.

I hope Gen VI returns to catching event pokemon like Liberty Island Victini or the Darkrai and Shaymin in D/P/Pt, rather than Genesect or Meleotta in Gen V.

halloweenghost

I'm glad we're finally getting the last piece to the Gen V puzzle, but am I the only person who misses event pokemon that are catchable in-game via a special ticket/pass?

For me, it's just much more satisfying to actually encounter and catch the event pokemon myself - rather than merely talking to some npc in the PokeMart and voila: You have an event pokemon.

I hope Gen VI returns to catching event pokemon like Liberty Island Victini or the Darkrai and Shaymin in D/P/Pt, rather than Genesect or Meleotta in Gen V.

shame we never got the arceus event item for gen 4. i know what you mean.

ansem the wise,.. thats the nature of the beast.

MuseHarmonia

~♥Raichu♥~
I got the Keldeo Event, but I saved without checking the neature. It's Quirky... ;-; Meloetta event WHOOT! I can't wait. I love her sooo much.