• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
They have one, it's called fighting.

um...no, their dark and ghost, fighting does nothing to ghost, do you research, here's the proof: http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/442.shtml http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/302.shtml fighting: 0, pyschic: 0, normal: 0...everythng else: 1

Uh...let me guess, they're weak to Electric too?

they can be with soak and electric move combo but their aren't many pokemon that can learn soak but still...my point is light type would give them a geniue weakness

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Last edited:

siny

maybe it sounds weird but with the name Ninfia it doesn't look like it but i could also be a fighting pokemon because of the nin (from ninja)
Als i like the idea of a ghost type, with does i eyes of her

Aegon

maybe it sounds weird but with the name Ninfia it doesn't look like it but i could also be a fighting pokemon because of the nin (from ninja)
Als i like the idea of a ghost type, with does i eyes of her
"Nin"? Where does the f disappear to?

Roald

Spoink rules
I hope it isn't a new typed Pokémon, I mean, it would be a good way to introduce a new type but we have enough types as it is.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
or alternatively you could just hit them both with strong neutral attacks, since Sableye has crap for offense and Spiritomb is out and out walled by any Steel-type and its low HP kinda counterbalances its good defenses

Atlanta-hammy

A rumour is a what it is, nonsense school ground gossip. It isn't true and should be ignored until Game Freak confirms it.
No it wouldn't as it make the type chart unbalance and would result some pokémon being retyped. It was a terrible fan idea that existed from generation 2 and still is.

First of all, I know it's just annoying as all heck to have to see that being posted EVERYWHERE I go that it's going to be a light type, which would knock everything out of balance and would be extremely redundant and not to mention would just break the game again.

Ninfia isn't a normal type since that what Eevee is meant to be. It's likely that Ninfia is a Bug type.

You seem to be discrediting normal type much to fast, why wouldn't it have a normal evolution? I mean Lopunny, Skitty, Meowth, and other full normal types have evolutions, what makes Eevee so special that it can't grow into a stronger normal type? It be nice to have a stronger normal Eevee Evo that does not have such a low and sadly cr**y move learning pool for leveling up. Besides, Eevee it's self does not count as a Evolution, it counts as a base.

Also how does it look like a bug type...? It looks nothing remotely close to a bug, if it's because of the bows I can't say that a legit reason to label it a bug type, people though Gothorita was a dark type and tuned out to be psychic.

They have one, it's called fighting.

I love how people seem to be forgetting "Dark" types are basically "Evil" while Fighting types are "Hero's" that counter them. Ex: LUCARIO.

Last edited:

Arceusgamer14

Will Nintendo ever release the Pokémon TV app for the Wii U & 3DS?

If Ninfia is a Light type my predictions on what Light type is?
Offense moves: Strong against
-Dark (Darkness & Light)
-Ghost (Ghost fear the light)
-Ice maybe (Light can melt Ice)

Not effective on:
-Steel

Defense Type
Resistant to:
-Fire (Too bright for Fire)

Weak against:
-Grass (Plants can absorb light)
-Dark (Even though Light can bright up darkness, Darkness can also block Light) So it'll be a Light VS Darkness A type strong and weak against the other type strong and weak against it.

dman_dustin

Foresight,Odor Sleuth and Scrappy.

Maybe you should take your own advice before other people what to do.

Those are called strategies and tactics to defeat Sableye and Spiritomb with fighting type moves.

There is no Foresight Type, No Odor Sleuth Type, No Scrappy type.

Type wise, they have no weakness, which is the point.

Liz Azzimagica wasn't saying is there some strategy/tactic that you can use to make said Pokemon weak against some other type.

No. No tricks, no tactics, type wise, Spiritomb/Sableye have no weaknesses, just because there is a way for them to have a weakness, doesn't change the fact that type wise they have no weakness.

A normal fighting type move isn't going to hurt ghost types, unless odor sleuth, foresight, and or scrappy get involved as well.

Not that I'm agreeing that there needs to be a new type to hit said Pokemon with super effective damage....I'm just saying.

Aegon

If Ninfia is a Light type my predictions on what Light type is?
Offense moves: Strong against
-Dark (Darkness & Light)
-Ghost (Ghost fear the light)
-Ice maybe (Light can melt Ice)
Ice could really do without another weakness.

Besides, this discussion would be better suited to the X and Y forum.

ebevan91

So when you guys say CoroCoro comes out on the 15th, you mean 15th in Japan, right, and probably the 14th in North America?

halloweenghost

So when you guys say CoroCoro comes out on the 15th, you mean 15th in Japan, right, and probably the 14th in North America?

yeah....but to be honest..whats it matter now that the leaks have already happened? unless you are looking for when they come out in general.

ebevan91

yeah....but to be honest..whats it matter now that the leaks have already happened? unless you are looking for when they come out in general.

Yeah just in general pretty much. I've already seen the leaks.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer

The fact that there might be more info. Plus nintendo Direct also releases the same day pertaining to news about the 3DS.
So we actully might be getting more info.

BCVM22

Plus nintendo Direct also releases the same day pertaining to news about the 3DS.
So we actully might be getting more info.

Nintendo rarely uses time in their multimedia presentations to drop Pokémon info besides the occasional new screenshot or few seconds of footage, due in no small part to the fact that unlike any of their other franchises, Pokémon gets a pre-release information rollout all its own via television programming like Smash and magazine spreads in CoroCoro.

I would expect very little if anything pertaining to X and Y from tomorrow's Direct.

xDWarrior

I wish we could see a light type eventually. Too bad that would mean working it in with a baillion Pokemon. Oh well one can dream about this new Eeveelution being light.

PokeTimmy

Collector
So I saw the news about the Pokemon TV app for iphones and downloaded it.

It looks fantastic and the videos stream at a pretty high quality, but there's one problem - there's no sound! Anyone else have this issue?

No matter which episode I click on or how much I crank my volume, I don't get anything.

rocky505

Is your device on silent? My phone wouldn't play any sound with it switched off, even though it plays other videos with sound even if it's off.