• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

R_N

Is there a projected price drop for the 3DS anytime soon? Too expensive at the moment when I only plan on buying one just for X/Y.

It already had a relatively significant price drop and there isn't one coming in the near future so far as we know.

Blazios

Hey guys. did anyone else hear that noise in the beginning when the camera was on Gogoat? I think it might be Gogoat's cry.
Also, the Kalos region,form a bird's eye view, looks to have a medieval feel to it with what appear to be castles. It also seems smaller than the others.
Also, when it shows the starters using only moves respective o their type, I think that eliminates all hope for secondary typings. (Fire/Psychic Water/Fighting Grass/Dark etc)
I quite like most of the four other Pokemon's English names, except Helioptile will take some getting used to...

We know the starters themselves are pure typed, the Fighting/Psychic/Dark second types are for their final evolved forms.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Is there a projected price drop for the 3DS anytime soon? Too expensive at the moment when I only plan on buying one just for X/Y.

You can buy a refurbished one off of Nintendo's site for $130 (or $170 bundled with OoT3D, though you're better off getting that used).

ebevan91

Refurbished sounds like a good idea.

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
We know the starters themselves are pure typed, the Fighting/Psychic/Dark second types are for their final evolved forms.

exactly a good point...I just can't wait ^^

and honestly guys...why are you downing the poor Fletchling already? I think it's cute with a cute name, it'll just take some warming up to

craigprime

X&Y Supporter
On the Official Pokemon website, on the X and Y page, there is another page called Pokemon Basics. Using Chespin as an example, they confirmed that Chespin can learn Rollout by level gain.
So...Chespin can learn Rollout, a Rock-type move, by basic means. The description of Chespin includes "Chespin has a tough shell covering it's head and back" It seems to be a set-up to become a Grass/ Rock.
Yea? Yea? No? Just me? Okay.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
On the Official Pokemon website, on the X and Y page, there is another page called Pokemon Basics. Using Chespin as an example, they confirmed that Chespin can learn Rollout by level gain.
So...Chespin can learn Rollout, a Rock-type move, by basic means. The description of Chespin includes "Chespin has a tough shell covering it's head and back" It seems to be a set-up to become a Grass/ Rock.
Yea? Yea? No? Just me? Okay.

It's possible. As for me, they can do anything they want, but I just really hope the Fairy type rumor isn't true

Thriller

Its almost time
Turns out I might have been wrong about the bird. He's turning out to be a Fire-type ("Fletch" has to do with fire). Regional birds are not Fire-types, usually.

BCVM22 said:
A... what?

Expect a similar image to appear on the Euro in the next year or two.

Ninfia-Fan

Turns out I might have been wrong about the bird. He's turning out to be a Fire-type ("Fletch" has to do with fire). Regional birds are not Fire-types, usually.

The regional birds have always been Normal/Flying type. Besides, Fletchling has been confirmed to be Normal/Flying type. Also, Fletchling sounds a lot like fledgling.

Pokemonspecialgerman

Come on guys, let's play a game! =D
Guess where the starting town and the pokémon liga is.
If your guess is correct you can be proud of yourself for a whole pokemon generation! Isn't that great?! XD

Btw: I love the bird. Non-legendary flying types with fire attacks are pretty rare.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?

Fire type regional birds seemed kinda... farfetched. I was expecting it to be another boring Normal/Flying type, but eh.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Expect a similar image to appear on the Euro in the next year or two.
Staraptor can learn close combat and final gambit, but it isn't part fighting type. It being able to learn one fire type move doesn't make it part fire type.

Ninfia-Fan

Iiii don't think the goats a single Evolution anymore <xD

View attachment 9188

I'm guessing Gogoat will have male and female forms, like other Pokemon do. But if that's true, does that mean you can only ride the male of the species? Or it could be an evolution, like you said.

Atlanta-hammy

I'm guessing Gogoat will have male and female forms, like other Pokemon do. But if that's true, does that mean you can only ride the male of the species? Or it could be an evolution, like you said.

By looking at it, I HIGHLY doubt that is a female form, to small, I think it's it Pre-Evolution, from a drawing I saw of it, It looks more like a pre-evo. Take a look: Click!