• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

*Kyurem*

Fairy Type confirmed. Marill, Jigglypuff, and Gardevoir as well as Sylveon are Fairy and it is super effective on Dragon. More news incoming! :3

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Trailer's up on Youtube. Other new Pokemon is called Noivern.

I still say a new type was unneeded, but I'll live. Guess there's a pretty good chance the three Pokemon shown will be in the regional dex, then. I will say it will pose an interesting and fun challenge using Fairies.

Things shouldn't be the same forever. Fairy type shakes the type chart pretty well. I welcome this change.

And uh, the official website has updated with detailed typings of Gardevoir and the two new Pokemon.

SmartD

So the Fairy-type is confirmed. That's nice. And the fact that it's super-effective against dragon-types means it would may be an alternative to using Ice or Dragon type moves to beat Dragons. It really depends if there are good Fairy-Types.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
So the Fairy-type is confirmed. That's nice. And the fact that it's super-effective against dragon-types means it would may be an alternative to using Ice or Dragon type moves to beat Dragons. It really depends if there are good Fairy-Types.

Yes. That means Dragons are one less formidable now that they have a new weakness.

The fairy type confirmation is as unexpected as it can be, but I gladly welcome the change.

Rakurai

If Fairy types are immune to Dragon moves like that rumor mentioned, that's going to seriously hurt the viability of Dragon types.

Resistant, I wouldn't mind, but immune would be going a bit overboard in trying to balance Dragon types, IMO.

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
Fairy type confermed...yes...yes...YES!!!!!!!!! I was right all along anout a brand new type!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!! WAHOOOOOO!!!!! (sorry, my heart is pounding sooooo hard)

xDWarrior

"Nintendo will NEVER announce a new type. There would be too much balancing to be done!" Certain people need to stop posting like they know for sure what GF will do, because those who said that have ended up dead wrong again. This also happened when people claimed BW2 was FOR SURE going to be for 3DS.
Sorry, rant over!

On topic! I'm super excited for fairy type. Definitely going to have Sylveon on my team.

ctom42

Bug Gym Leader
Is there a reason the main page and the attacks page make no mention of "Fairy Wind"? You can clearly see gardevoir use it in the trailer.

RVD_fan

Anything that stops Dragons from rampaging the game is fine by me.

FireChick

Fairy type? Wow! That's unexpected. I kinda wanted a light type, but this one sounds nice too. I'm definitely adding Fennekin, Sylveon, Gogoat, Fletchling, and Vivillon on my team (if I can get Kanto or Unova Pokemon early, I'm adding Pikachu and Deerling no matter what).

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
"Nintendo will NEVER announce a new type. There would be too much balancing to be done!" Certain people need to stop posting like they know for sure what GF will do, because those who said that have ended up dead wrong again. This also happened when people claimed BW2 was FOR SURE going to be for 3DS.
Sorry, rant over!

On topic! I'm super excited for fairy type. Definitely going to have Sylveon on my team.

haha! exactly, take that new type haters ^^

Haxy

legendary spooky silke
I kind of feel like I'm now in distress now that Dragon type gets a new weakness. All things about Fairy type screams "type check".

Perhaps I'll somehow live with that. Or maybe I'll even love it.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
Fairy type.. Well, okay, I guess. I am not excited about it but I can't say it is a bad thing just yet. Why are dragons weak to fairies though? It makes no sense.

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
Fairy Type? I honestly wanted a Light type but oh well, I'm fine with this....kinda. Nooooooo! My dragons!

PokeTimmy

Collector
I like what I've seen from this new gen thus far - especially the Pokemon-ami (sp?) feature. It isn't as cool as having your pokemon walking beside you everywhere, but at least you get SOME interaction with them outside battling (and dressing my Palkia in a bow tie doesn't count as interaction).

So far so good, GF. I'll be waiting in line come October.