• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Ninfia-Fan

You're still ignoring the fact that these are nothing but unfounded rumors and should be roundly ignored for now.

I know they're just rumours, but isn't it fine to get excited over possibilities?

Anyway, I still love these very plausible possibilities.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I know they're just rumours, but isn't it fine to get excited over possibilities?

Anyway, I still love these very plausible possibilities.

Anything can be made a rumour, though. Would also get excited about the possibility that every character from the anime makes an appearance in a battle royal where the last man standing wins and becomes the overlord of the Pokemon world? I heard it from my dad who works at GameFreak it's real guys I swear.

Bariokie

rock dog
Anything can be made a rumour, though. Would also get excited about the possibility that every character from the anime makes an appearance in a battle royal where the last man standing wins and becomes the overlord of the Pokemon world? I heard it from my dad who works at GameFreak it's real guys I swear.

Well My dad works at GameFreak and he told me that magikarp is going to evolve in Arceus and that fennekin is going to evolve into emboar.

Deal with it...

Haunter ゴースト

I don't believe all the rumors are true, but I do believe Mewtwo will have another form completely on my own accord, the difference being I don't think it's going to be in the newest movie hence why it's not been announced as of yet.

xmikeyxlikesitx

Pokémon Coordinator
Well...Hiro leaked the Black and White stuff, back in the day.

And he was right about the Sky Battles, Fairy type, and first Gym Leader being Bug, so...it's pretty safe to bank on his leak.

And I'm calling it right now, Clauncher will be based on a pistol shrimp: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_shrimp

PokeTimmy

Collector
Another event for Japan...

Any chance of this one coming out of Japan?

I hope so - I've been waiting for a Jirachi that I didn't have to acquire through a trade.

The fact that it is a wi-fi event, and not somd localized business give-away, I believe makes it more likely that the event will go global.

Atlanta-hammy

Everyone! The sky battles and Fairy type match with the rumors brought up a while ago... A link here to the old rumors: http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/supposed-pokemon-x-and-y-insider-information
Here they are here, too:
  • Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
  • Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
  • Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
  • The professor’s English name is Patrice.
  • The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
  • The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
  • A few attacks will be dual-typed.
  • There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
  • You will be able to see a Pokemon’s EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

Ahh these are rumors and shouldn't be believed, besides, the dark type strength is already disproved, since it appears fairy does normal damage to flying and dark types by what the trailer showed. Also the dual typed moves would be pretty dumb, and majorly break the game, there is a reason the "physical" and "special" attack category's exist.

Plus the "Fighting" strength makes no sense since in mythology they where pretty small and could be easily crushed like bugs, Fire also does not make sense as fire was one of mythology fairy's biggest weaknesses with steel, Industry stuff really hurt the little things.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Ahh these are rumors and shouldn't be believed, besides, the dark type strength is already disproved, since it appears fairy does normal damage to flying and dark types by what the trailer showed. Also the dual typed moves would be pretty dumb, and majorly break the game, there is a reason the "physical" and "special" attack category's exist.

Plus the "Fighting" strength makes no sense since in mythology they where pretty small and could be easily crushed like bugs, Fire also does not make sense as fire was one of mythology fairy's biggest weaknesses with steel, Industry stuff really hurt the little things.

I hope you know not all fairies are like Tinker Bell. There are many legends and stories that include fairies that are human like in both appearance and size.

Atlanta-hammy

I hope you know not all fairies are like Tinker Bell. There are many legends and stories that include fairies that are human like in both appearance and size.

I know that but their normally depicted as small, and fighting type resist still makes no sense.

tumblr_moep2yXD7P1rorjv3o1_250.jpg
Also did anyone notice the shiny Masuda had? XD

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

"Fairy" can mean a peaceful, sparkly creature like Tinkerbell, but it can also refer to dark or evil creatures like pixies, goblins, and imps. Actually, in most ancient stories that I've read, fairies are spiteful tricksters that are not to be trusted. There could be all kinds of fairies, including fire fairies. Because fairies don't really exist, you can make whatever mythos you want about them. If Game Freak wants their fairies to resist fire, then they can. They don't have to follow regulations of old stories. So far, it looks like Game Freak is going for the sparkly-forest-lover version of fairies, but I think it would be really cool if they had some darker, imp-like fairies, too.

*Kyurem*

Can you link me proof it was normally effective on a dark type? And also Flying types have absolutely nothing to do with them so I'm unsure why you mentioned that.

Dual type moves have already been attempted but barely used. I'm referring to Water Pledge, Grass Pledge, and Fire Pledge which can be used together with each other. I think it would be a logical idea if they were to make the dual typed moves more useful.

These are very likely to be true because Hiro (The person who has written the rumors) has already has predicted certain things to be true of the many different things he has said on the list. He was right in the past as well when Black and White was being released.

R_N

a mission that will put Poliwag, Chansey, Togetic, Magneton, Dragonair or Shelgon into the Hidden Grottos with their Hidden Abilities is running

this has to be the most random assortment of Pokemon, I swear

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I noticed that X and Y are now on the 3DS eshop, the price is still TBT, but you can put it on your wishlist, they have a small description and the videos. And they are separated now, you can add one, the other or both, and they have the icons (you know, the ones that you click on on the main menu).

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A new special showcase has been revealed. For the first time ever, Japan will receive a trade show dedicated to Pokémon called the Pokémon Game Show. Running from August 17th to August 18th in Tokyo's Big Sight venue, this event will provide the latest in news for Tretta, Anime and Cards as well as give visitors an opportunity to play Pokémon X & Pokémon Y before others. The full details of this trade show will be revealed in July

TheEliteEmpoleon

Wow Japan is so lucky. What I wouldn't do to play X and Y early.

And they get another Jirachi event too?! I hope we at least get one of those...

R_N

The second Jirachi event seems odd.

I really hope that the demo leaves the trade show and heads to the e-shop

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The second Jirachi event seems odd.

I really hope that the demo leaves the trade show and heads to the e-shop

This. It would be really sweet if the demo was not only in the E-shop but it gets the Gates to Infinity treatment and we can continue the game if we buy the full version. Assuming this is put into play, I'd imagine that the scenario of the demo would be choosing your starter, get to know the three friends (and Serena/Calum), and battle them.

Edit: OK seems a bit short for a demo, maybe you and the rest go to the forest and do some mini task thing then it ends from there?

Last edited: