• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

spyroflame0487

Kind of a big deal
So, a friend pointed me to a bit of merchandise earlier, officially licensed. I have now done some sleuthing and it's on more officially licensed products

Gotta catch 'em all is back

~snip~

Glad to see the Catch Em All is back! I've missed that so.

I actually posted about the Power A things a while back, someone found them while we were hunting for Skylanders product images around Toy Fair actually haha.

I'm not sure if "rumors" are any indication of news, but this tweet still comes to mind.
This was tweeted back in July, and thus far, we've gotten everything the person mentioned- 3DS XL in black, Wind Waker HD bundle and the 12 GB PS3.
So I wonder, will we be having red/blue 3DS Bundles then? We haven't heard anything about those other Pokemon bundles yet for the US (at least, I don't think we have?)
I noticed that the 2DS consoles were revealed in red and blue....perhaps we'll be getting bundles of XY with them? (which, marketing wise would be pretty genius)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I thought an entire series was being added?

Nope. It was confirmed a couple of hours after the reveal as being a one-off special

Aurath8

Another pokemon direct, eh?

I'm not sure what to expect from this. The last one was the announcement of an whole new generation of pokemon and needless to say that won't happen again. It's also very short notice compared to the last direct. Its less than a day in fact.

All I can say is I feel sorry for the Americans; 4am just to catch the Direct? 12pm BST is the ideal time for a worlwide announcement, but still...

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

I'm not sure what to expect from this. The last one was the announcement of an whole new generation of pokemon and needless to say that won't happen again. It's also very short notice compared to the last direct. Its less than a day in fact.

All I can say is I feel sorry for the Americans; 4am just to catch the Direct? 12pm BST is the ideal time for a worlwide announcement, but still...

Actually, the Pokémon Direct was only announced a day before It was actually shown. Before that there was some news suggesting that we'd need to pay attention to January date. http://serebii.net/archive/January-2013.shtml

As for 4AM.. Hey, you can catch it again during your breakfast. I'm so going to have an early lunch. I'm so going annoy the guys a my Local GAME.

ebevan91

That 4am is pacific time right? So 6am for me, luckily I'm usually awake at that time because my sister is getting ready for school and my parents are getting ready for work.

Last edited:

halloweenghost

I'll just sleep and watch it when i get up lol. I hope they finally reveal if old pokemon can be transfered or not. I'm tired of waiting lol

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Oh, man, I intend to get wake up for it, but I'm not gonna get a lot of sleep. Stewart and Colbert come back tonight, and I'll be going to bed at midnight; five and a half hours of beauty sleep isn't enough for me.

At least I get Thursday off for Rosh Hashanah.

Floette

Fennekin

Mhm. I'm still wondering if the creation trio is going to mean anything in X + Y. I really hope not to be honest X_X

I'm American, and I'm just meehhh about this. It's convenient for the world, I understand. I'm not waking up at 4am though. Maybe 5 or 6, but not 4 :p Haha. I'll catch it at my breakfast :p I'm just sooo curious as to what this is going to be.

I'll just sleep and watch it when i get up lol. I hope they finally reveal if old pokemon can be transfered or not. I'm tired of waiting lol

I just read a large discussion about this on Smogon. It really intrigued me, because I actually didn't consider that they wouldn't include this. Do you think Pokemon fans would be generally upset about this? I mean, I know we are starting fresh and all. I'm somewhat apathetic about it.. though I would be a little annoyed about my shinies stuck on my gen 5 games. But there are a lot of positives of not allowing transferring. Especially competitve / wifi / cheating prevention / legit checking wise.

BCVM22

Do you think Pokemon fans would be generally upset about this?

The older fans would riot. The younger fans, those who might be just starting their journey through the franchise with X/Y, wouldn't care.

People would wail, and gnash teeth, and say "this is it, I'm gone, the franchise is going downhill, I'm never playing another game again!" and some of them might actually mean it, but it would be a few ripples - a small rumble, at worst - and then people would get over it and life would go on.

halloweenghost

Mhm. I'm still wondering if the creation trio is going to mean anything in X + Y. I really hope not to be honest X_X

I'm American, and I'm just meehhh about this. It's convenient for the world, I understand. I'm not waking up at 4am though. Maybe 5 or 6, but not 4 :p Haha. I'll catch it at my breakfast :p I'm just sooo curious as to what this is going to be.

I just read a large discussion about this on Smogon. It really intrigued me, because I actually didn't consider that they wouldn't include this. Do you think Pokemon fans would be generally upset about this? I mean, I know we are starting fresh and all. I'm somewhat apathetic about it.. though I would be a little annoyed about my shinies stuck on my gen 5 games. But there are a lot of positives of not allowing transferring. Especially competitve / wifi / cheating prevention / legit checking wise.

I was really disappointed when we could not transfer gen2 to gen3. and if they don't this time.... I'll be disappointed,..leaving behind my shinies and event pokemon. BUT there is a good side.. to prevent cheating..I most deffinatly approve.. So in a way...it is kinda double edged sword. I had to say goodbye to my first ever pokemon Pikachu...,.. and it maybe possible i'll have to say goodbye to me first current gen pokemon as well. I still have Sceptile with me since 2003 with sapphire.

We'll we have to start over.. and Chespin being my new first pokemon? Guess we'll see..

SprSncConzor

Oh, I'm extremely pleased that they've brought "Gotta Catch 'Em All!" back... and they're not using Comic Sans to boot!

In regards to Pokemon not being transferred to X&Y, the developers stated at E3 that they were then currently looking into ways to make it possible. If it turned out all of out Pokemon were stuck in Gen V, I'd be extremely ticked off as I've been spending a lot of time getting my Box system in order (All 649 of the buggers) in preparation for X&Y.

I'm sure there must be some way they can prevent cheaters other than starting anew in Gen VI. Maybe if there was a stat check that comprised of the parameters of all Event Legendaries and non-Legendaries given out since Gen III? That way, anyone with a 500HP Arceus that knows Hydro Cannon would be disqualified.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Alright, well transferring from Gen V to Gen VI has been confirmed, thank goodness! And you can transfer boxes at a time, which is something I've wanted since Gen III. What I hope is that you can transfer everything over during the 3-month trial period and then if you choose not to pay for Pokemon Bank, your Pokemon will stay in your Gen VI game. I also hope that Gen VI has enough box space in-game to keep at least 700 Pokemon. Also that "new" Pokemon looks kind of like Absol or MegaAbsol or maybe a baby Absol to me.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Alright, well transferring from Gen V to Gen VI has been confirmed, thank goodness! And you can transfer boxes at a time, which is something I've wanted since Gen III. What I hope is that you can transfer everything over during the 3-month trial period and then if you choose not to pay for Pokemon Bank, your Pokemon will stay in your Gen VI game. I also hope that Gen VI has enough box space in-game to keep at least 700 Pokemon. Also that "new" Pokemon looks kind of like Absol or MegaAbsol or maybe a baby Absol to me.

I would imagine there'd be a period where you would have to download your Pokemon to your X/Y cartridge, once that period was over your account/storage would be deleted. So anything you'd left in the Pokemon Bank would be gone.

Cobalt_Latios

Anyone know if the X/Y 3DS XL's are going to be available in Canada? I've checked a few retailers online and I'm not seeing anything for them... this has me worried.

I mean, worst case scenario, I just buy a normal 3DS XL and Pokemon X/Y normally... but I kind of want this special 3DS XL... should I just wait?

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Anyone know if the X/Y 3DS XL's are going to be available in Canada? I've checked a few retailers online and I'm not seeing anything for them... this has me worried.

I mean, worst case scenario, I just buy a normal 3DS XL and Pokemon X/Y normally... but I kind of want this special 3DS XL... should I just wait?

I had the Pokemon Black DSi and it was pretty cool to look at and that was it. I would just wait and get a normal 3DS but that's just me.

DryBones

Event Collector

It hasn't been confirmed yet, just a case of keep checking online retailers on a daily basis to see if they're available. I imagine they will be though.