• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
OMG, I can't wait that game! I haven't played Ruby or Sapphire, so I don't know what kind of game is that, but still. But Kyogre and Groudon looks so different, maybe MEga forms?

Mega Sceptile!!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
*blinking the sleep away*

Holy... I'm not dreaming.

I almost can't believe this is happening... but it is. Kyogre and Groudon look... they look amazing. There's this whole alpha and omega thing going on which suggests there's something bigger going on, which might suggest that each version will be a bit different from each other, similar to HeartGold and SoulSilver or something, and yet it'll have the story of the third game. I mean, the remakes better have the Emerald story, but still...

I'm at a loss for words right now. I really, really am.

ForeverFlame

Hoenn confirmed! Cue the trumpets!

But honestly Hoenn has everything to gain from this. It's the best region geographically, but it's also in the most flawed pair of games. No day/night, no days of the week, no physical/special split, no ABXY controls, no online, no triple battles, no fairy type, no mega evolutions, and the amount of Pokemon has almost doubled since Gen 3. These remakes have everything to gain.

Ketaru

Well then, this is welcome news. Ruby and Sapphire are the only games I have not played, either as the originals or as remakes.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
I can't wait to play the Hoenn remakes! :) I haven't finished playing Emerald yet (still need two more badges), but this announcement just motivated me to finish it! xD

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Holy....Holy....

YES!

I am totally freaking out right now, Hoenn was my favorite region hands-down, I just hope they don't screw it up. Also, I'm looking at Groudon and Kyorge's buffed up look, and am I the only one thinking that they're getting Mega-Evolutions?

Oh my god, if I could Pre-order Alpha Sapphire right now I would.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
sadlkjsd;oiuAJSOIUDh OWAhL;KJSDFLKJSDF;O8AIHSJKDA :DHUAUHQjlnrwo;EFIHSD FJAEW DO H NOY MS IODHAJSO8RYQWOEIHJFK:ASFJH;SLDJKFO SDFOH M Y GODH ASDYAOUSD AIOSDJQ;ORU3HBKFLJSDNF OUAHSJ WADF
this is me rn oH MY GOD I'M STILL HYPERVENTILATING AND SCREAMING
HOENN CONFIRMED

mellowrush

A high-pitched "what?" came out of my mouth as I saw serebii ' s tweet... That caught the attention of few people around me, but who cares, I'm so happy :)
Yesterday I got a shiny torchic and I started wondering about my past experience with Pokémon ruby... And now this piece of news comes out...
Can't wait for November to come ^_^

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Now we wait for people to start demanding Sinnoh remakes, and how they feel 'cheated' as loyal fans to have not received a new Sinnoh game in the last week.

Anyway, I am so hyped. My favourite games, but better? YES PLEASE! I hope we get a direct soon with some information on it!

Mega-Sceptile PLZ

JohnnyV

Keep in mind thought that these are not going to be simply "Hoenn remakes," since the press release specifically said a whole NEW region to explore. That means probably Kyogre and Groudon in a new region.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I woke thuis morning and found this on my twitter and I was like O.O am I seeing this right? XDDD

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
sadlkjsd;oiuAJSOIUDh OWAhL;KJSDFLKJSDF;O8AIHSJKDA :DHUAUHQjlnrwo;EFIHSD FJAEW DO H NOY MS IODHAJSO8RYQWOEIHJFK:ASFJH;SLDJKFO SDFOH M Y GODH ASDYAOUSD AIOSDJQ;ORU3HBKFLJSDNF OUAHSJ WADF
this is me rn oH MY GOD I'M STILL HYPERVENTILATING AND SCREAMING
HOENN CONFIRMED
Yesssssssss. My family is wondering whats wrong with me right now, I'm totally nerding out XD

Keep in mind thought that these are not going to be simply "Hoenn remakes," since the press release specifically said a whole NEW region to explore. That means probably Kyogre and Groudon in a new region.
I assume we're still getting Hoenn, but that they consider it to be new because its going to be in 3D.

Akashin

It said, "a spectacular new world," which I just took to be a statement of how updated these games are going to look. These wouldn't be R/S remakes if they weren't still in Hoenn; they will still be R/S at their core.

Thriller

Its almost time
I just think its amazing and hilarious.

Years ago, when so much was so different, I'd be fighting against a certain camp who always had some refute against the GS remakes. Not only would they continue hammering on against our good points, of which there was plenty, and plenty of evidence supporting us, they seemed to act as if they didn't want to see the remakes come out, and didn't want the big N to make the revenue the games would make… Yet lo and behold, all of us GS remake supporters were right, and now we have our nice GS remakes with the added bonus of POKEMON WALKING.

Now, years later, the RS Remakes are actually happening? Well this was surprising news… I wonder if the same debate I once participated in happened here too? Wonder how big the "against" crowd was, and if it consisted of the same people?

Anyway, I love the RS era, and I hope Haruka/May doesn't get replaced. She always was my favorite female character.

Mye

Someone has to win..
With these two new games out, it sorta explains the whole "zygarde is apparently getting two new moves in thousand arrows and thousand waves" with kyogre being responsible for massive tsunamis and groudon responsible for building mountains (or "land arrows"). It's sorta a shame that they had to release them this early though, as it "hints" towards another parody of the past few pokemon games with the storyline having no depth and only adding small tweaks. Meh, at least I have 7th gen to look forward to...

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ok, It's real!! I'm NOT going to give out bans to anyone. Sorry, I was a GPD/RSE Mod, and RSEmakes discussion was big topic I actually threatened bans with. I will however remove you from my Pearl FC list if I added you.

Anyway, I hope I get it before St Andrews day, which is my Birthday.

I really hope we get to see some ingame footage soon.

Last edited:

IggyKoopaStar

Well for a surprise, it was one. I was kinda expecting those new versions but, it's now the day of their reveal. It's really exciting because it's my favorite generation and region from my childhood. So to be able to visit Hoenn once again in 3D and with the other Pokemons I have liked way back then will be so awesome and will remind me a lot of things as it will be complete nolstalgia! Now, only to wait until November, which will be long indeed.

Oh and hopefully most of the stuffs which used to be on those older versions will come back. (For example the secret bases and the contests). It would be great! I also kinda hope to see Mega Evolutions for the two other starters besides Blaziken which already have one.

Last edited:

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
noooo way. I was literally just thinking last night "I wonder if and when they'll reveal the RS remakes"

I'm so excited I wish we would have gotten SOME footage. do you guys think those are mega evolution for groudon and kyogre? or just new formes? also I don't think May will be the playable girl just like Lyra replaced the blue haired girl in HGSS.

wow I'm beyond excited.