• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
This will sound silly but did Gamefreak ever did anything fancy or special during Pokemon's 5th/10th/15th anniversary? I can't recall anything that Gamefreak did during those times. I know 20 years is successful and all but I'm just curious ever since I noticed 2016 was their next milestone.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
This will sound silly but did Gamefreak ever did anything fancy or special during Pokemon's 5th/10th/15th anniversary? I can't recall anything that Gamefreak did during those times. I know 20 years is successful and all but I'm just curious ever since I noticed 2016 was their next milestone.

Well, Diamond and Pearl were released 10 years after Red & Green, albeit later in the year. I would consider that something big because of the console and graphics upgrades, not to mention all the extras included in Diamond and Pearl, such as the Physical/Special split, all the new evolutions, etc.
Not sure if that was all because of an anniversary, but I don't know that it wasn't.

R_N

The 5th anniversary i think went without fanfare, but the 10th had some multimedia stuff going on http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_10th_Anniversary
I dont think they did anything special for the 15th beyond holding a giveaway poll that wound up with a rayquaza being given

they have, sort of, talked about the 20th anniversary though. iirc in some interviews they mention wanting to use this year to build hype for next year or something. I should see if I can find that quote.

They've also mentioned the appeal of yearly titles and how the usual/older cycle may not work anymore, so I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a mainline title this year. Taijiri will be at e3, too, so I kind of doubt SPMD will be their showcase. Even ignoring how it's a spinoff developed by another company being announced a month before e3

wait what

isn't Tajiri a depressed autistic recluse of some kind that hasn't done diddlysquat for the series since its inception
There was a leaked motion graphics opening intended to be used at E3. Although I didn't think it was confirmed and there was still a possibility that the names were placeholder names. Especially since there were some more odd ones.

Last edited:

R_N

There was a leaked motion graphics opening intended to be used at E3. Although I didn't think it was confirmed and there was still a possibility that the names were placeholder names. Especially since there were some more odd ones.

Kind of a weird name to use as a placeholder since Masuda's been the face, but fair enough

Piplup-Luv

Piplups Are Awesome
I REALLY hope the new PMD game lives up to the older games (Red/Blue Rescue & Time/Darkness/Sky) because GtI was, as far as plot and game-play goes, pathetic.

I could rant about everythin in that game that I didn't like but I won't. I just hope they bring back the personality test thing and give you more than just 5 starter pokemon to choose from (heck they didn't even include Zorua as a choice in GtI when he is the pre-evo of the first revealed Unova Pokemon). I'd be fine if they just included the Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos starters (and Pikachu obviously).

I also hope that in it they do 2 things:

1. Your character and your partner have genders (seriously, do you know how annoying it is to be referred to as male when you are a female?)

2. Legendaries should NOT be a common sight, they should be RARE or almost unheard of like in the older PMD games (No one seemed to treat Virizion as some rare Pokemon but as if she is as common as a magikarp :/)

I also am still waiting on a Pokemon Ranger game for the Wii/WiiU so you can actually use a remote as the capture styler :3

Otjenyn

ROADRUNNER
Dutch pokemon sites are reporting shiny charizard (holding Charizardite Y) distributions at Game Mania stores via wi-fi.

There is no official report of the distrution yet, but the sites say it will run from 1 june till 21 june for both X/Y as OR/AS

Cradily17

I'm actually happy that there isn't a new main series game this year. The longer that Gamefreak spends with their next games, the more content there will be. X/Y and OR/AS were fun, but they definitely felt lacking in regards to the postgame compared to B2/W2 and HG/SS.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
i agree, i'm happy they are taking more time to develop the sequels/3rd game/whatever it is. it's weird that all 3rd games/sequels came 2 year after the main games, but to be fair, XY had no post game, interesting side locations but nothing to explore. ORAS had a lot of stuff to do, but XY were so weak. there's not even a legendary trio this gen which means even less possibilities to explore. With that said, i'm happy they're thinking this through and making the next kalos(hopefully) game(s) as expansive as they can. And perhaps listening to the fan outcry and bring back a multi facility post game challenge.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I disagree, I like X/Y more since it is not overloaded with legendaries and starters. Also I wish the new main series game could hurry up and reveal itself as I am bored with ORAS games. X/Y weren't weak and it did had a post game which was Looker missions and legendary collecting. Plus we were able to go to Kiloude City once we got ticket. ORAS on the other hand had cut some much stuff that could have be taken from Emerald that it had become ridiculous. At least I finally get to travel through Hoenn again.

Otjenyn

ROADRUNNER
I disagree, I like X/Y more since it is not overloaded with legendaries and starters. Also I wish the new main series game could hurry up and reveal itself as I am bored with ORAS games. X/Y weren't weak and it did had a post game which was Looker missions and legendary collecting. Plus we were able to go to Kiloude City once we got ticket. ORAS on the other hand had cut some much stuff that could have be taken from Emerald that it had become ridiculous. At least I finally get to travel through Hoenn again.

I agree, eventhough OR/AS is great when it comes to post-game (and dexnav), everything else was just like R/S/E. By the time I arrived at the post game on OR/AS I was pretty bored by the almost exact same storyline (maybe also because I played R/S/E over and over again). On top of that the best part of emerald, the battle frontier was gone.

I liked X/Y more, even though postgame sucked.

toatali

Although I'm excited to see the reveal of a new Pokemon game (which I think might come at E3 (For a 2016 release??)), I'm also glad they're waiting a year. The thing I want is for Pokemon to suffer from franchise fatigue, and that's already a danger, but the yearly release schedule is pushing it. Plus it will give them time to hone their 3D engine, as well as sort out some of the problems from XY/ORAS.

As for the other discussion, I much preferred ORAS, as I loved the Devnav, flying, and, of course, my nostalgia for Hoenn. Plus, the legendary hunting was a great way to make legendary Pokemon feel mysterious, and bought back (for me at least), the thrill of finding out where and how to get each legendary.

R_N

So did I miss something
I don't think it was confirmed at all that there won't be a mainline title?

If I missed a statement from gamefreak/tpci alright cool, but I'm pretty sure they haven't. The "PMD on off-years" thing doesnt even really hold, Gates to Infinity came out the same year as BW2

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
So did I miss something
I don't think it was confirmed at all that there won't be a mainline title?

If I missed a statement from gamefreak/tpci alright cool, but I'm pretty sure they haven't. The "PMD on off-years" thing doesnt even really hold, Gates to Infinity came out the same year as BW2

It's not late yet, there's still a possibility at E3 that a main series title will be revealed (which i hope it happens) but if i recall they have never revealed a main title game so late, that's why people are losing hope and taking super mystery dungeon as this year's "main" title. May was the latest they went with announcements. I'm still hoping for it. But yes, it's perfectly possible they have a main series game planned for this year.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
It's not late yet, there's still a possibility at E3 that a main series title will be revealed (which i hope it happens) but if i recall they have never revealed a main title game so late, that's why people are losing hope and taking super mystery dungeon as this year's "main" title. May was the latest they went with announcements. I'm still hoping for it. But yes, it's perfectly possible they have a main series game planned for this year.

If what I just looked up is correct, they announced Emerald in July of 2004 and released it just 2 months later in Japan. Personally, with follow-up games like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and Black 2/White 2, I don't see why they would need to have several months of hype. It will probably be Z and have the same story, but they probably only have to feature new megas in promo stuff, so I think it's very possible (if not probable) that whatever follow-up game is announced at E3 and set for release in late fall.

BCVM22

If what I just looked up is correct, they announced Emerald in July of 2004 and released it just 2 months later in Japan.

That was eleven years ago, and the game was released in extremely close proximity with Fire Red/Leaf Green, and as such we can conclude...

so I think it's very possible (if not probable) that whatever follow-up game is announced at E3 and set for release in late fall.

...that this is not likely, and certainly not "probable." Particularly as you're using something that happened once, over a decade ago, to suggest that something that has never happened before (that is, a core title for announced at a completely American event) is "probable." "Probable" is no core title this year, at this point.

Cradily17

I think it's very unlikely we'll get a new mainseries game this year. If you look at Yellow, Crystal, Platinum, and Black 2/White 2, those games came out in Japan 2 or more years after the previous games (Example: Platinum was released in 2008 while DP were released in 2006). Based on this pattern, it shouldn't be surprising if X2/Y2/Z etc come out sometime in 2016.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
That was eleven years ago, and the game was released in extremely close proximity with Fire Red/Leaf Green, and as such we can conclude...

...that this is not likely, and certainly not "probable." Particularly as you're using something that happened once, over a decade ago, to suggest that something that has never happened before (that is, a core title for announced at a completely American event) is "probable." "Probable" is no core title this year, at this point.

I didn't suggest it was highly probable. I just found a flaw in an implication that it's never happened. How long ago or for what reasons are irrelevant, it did happen and there's no reason to suggest it won't. I don't mean to say that I'm expecting it (although I obviously want it), but I honestly see it as a possibility.

I think it's very unlikely we'll get a new mainseries game this year. If you look at Yellow, Crystal, Platinum, and Black 2/White 2, those games came out in Japan 2 or more years after the previous games (Example: Platinum was released in 2008 while DP were released in 2006). Based on this pattern, it shouldn't be surprising if X2/Y2/Z etc come out sometime in 2016.

Well, X and Y came out in 2013, so that would make this year the prime release year according to your schedule of releases.

Akashin

If we want to be technical, there was also only a four month window between the announcement and Japanese release of B2W2. But yeah, a core title this year is unlikely at this point in any case.