• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I know Pokemon is rehashed to hell and back, but two years is one hell of a turnaround for the A-team, even if they are recycling 90% of the assets

ive been hearing rumors about a pokemon yellow remake and that gamestop is already giving people the chance to pre order it....is there any truth to this? im sorrry if this question belongs in a another thread i thought here would b the place to get an answer

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Any rumor about anything ever should never be taken seriously unless proven otherwise.

GameStop is not allowing pre-orders for a non existent title.

Cradily17

I didn't suggest it was highly probable. I just found a flaw in an implication that it's never happened. How long ago or for what reasons are irrelevant, it did happen and there's no reason to suggest it won't. I don't mean to say that I'm expecting it (although I obviously want it), but I honestly see it as a possibility.

Well, X and Y came out in 2013, so that would make this year the prime release year according to your schedule of releases.

OR/AS came out in 2014, so 2016 is most likely for a new mainseries game.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
ive been hearing rumors about a pokemon yellow remake and that gamestop is already giving people the chance to pre order it....is there any truth to this? im sorrry if this question belongs in a another thread i thought here would b the place to get an answer

No. Kanto remakes have already happened and we got most of kanto's pokemon in X/Y. I rather have a new game happen this year but a this point of the year, it seems 2016 is more likely. I just hope it is better than ORAS after I learn't of the flaws of those games.

Otjenyn

ROADRUNNER
Serebii your information about the distribution of the Shiny Charizard in the Netherlands is not correct.
The charizard is distributed over Wi-Fi (Game mania confirmed), not via code as you have stated on your site. And the event is also in Belgium.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
well, this month's corocoro was sad. It's great for those who have access to it to get hoopa (stinking event only legendaries) and the super mystery dungeon is ok. But it makes me lose that little tiny bit of hope i had for a main series game. Yes, E3 is next week and corocoro wouldn't spoil the revelation but i'm almost sure there's nothing this year. So much for an yearly release huh gamefreak?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah yearly releases are just what we're used to in recent years, it hasn't always been that way with main series games. Emerald -> DP and DP -> Platinum were more than one year gaps if I'm not mistaken so this wouldn't be a first. There's no guarantee we won't get a main series game late this year as well though at this point it wouldn't be all that surprising to get our next main series game early next year.

BCVM22

it wouldn't be all that surprising to get our next main series game early next year.

It's not really a race to get that next game out, though. Isn't it just as logical if not more so that we'd simply go a full but reasonable two years without a core title and get the next one in fall of 2016?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
it's not totally unreasonable to think that there might be a new Pokemon game announced soon

like, next week soon

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I now doubt we'll even get a new game for this year and I even doubt we going to have another gen 6 game to be honest. I am not very interested in this month's corocoro or the previous corocoro during this year. There is hardly anything new and it is not something to be excited about.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It's not really a race to get that next game out, though. Isn't it just as logical if not more so that we'd simply go a full but reasonable two years without a core title and get the next one in fall of 2016?

It's not a race, though Spring 2016 has just been a generic date I've had in mind just for the sake of having a date to assume. I mean there's no guarantees for any dates this year or next year either way but yeah.

I now doubt we'll even get a new game for this year and I even doubt we going to have another gen 6 game to be honest. I am not very interested in this month's corocoro or the previous corocoro during this year. There is hardly anything new and it is not something to be excited about.

Don't jump to conclusions just yet, no info on a main series yet doesn't mean we aren't getting any more Gen 6.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
well, this month's corocoro was sad. It's great for those who have access to it to get hoopa (stinking event only legendaries) and the super mystery dungeon is ok. But it makes me lose that little tiny bit of hope i had for a main series game. Yes, E3 is next week and corocoro wouldn't spoil the revelation but i'm almost sure there's nothing this year. So much for an yearly release huh gamefreak?

A break from a new core title is fine with me. I wasn't expecting one this year anyway, plus I still have stuff to do in OR/AS to keep me occupied. :p

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I don't exactly recall where but they said they wanted to change the game's release schedules to yearly releases to essentially earn more money or be more relevant, i can't remember what were the exact words used. On one hand i'm excited that they took a break which for me means that Z/ZX-ZY is going to be way vaster than XY and we could bossibly get more megas, which are basically like new pokemon reveals now. But on the other hand, i love pokemon games so much i wouldn't mind getting a set of main series games per year. But i'll take the break and i'll be excited for possibly some megas. In the meantime we can get a distribution or 2 of some event legendaries hey GF? please...

BCVM22

it's not totally unreasonable to think that there might be a new Pokemon game announced soon

like, next week soon

"Unreasonable?" No, but that would involve announcing a fall release in mid-June at an American event, all of which combine to make it especially improbable. Nonzero but that's about the best you can say.

and I even doubt we going to have another gen 6 game to be honest.

The flawed logic behind this is debunked every time you suggest it.

There is hardly anything new and it is not something to be excited about.

We'll all keep that in mind.

I don't exactly recall where but they said they wanted to change the game's release schedules to yearly releases to essentially earn more money or be more relevant, i can't remember what were the exact words used.

Doesn't sound like something they'd say, but where we sit now, if they did say it, then clearly they didn't mean it. It sounds more like the game of telephone that the Internet fandom likes to play sometimes, where something is said in an interview and then gets twisted up and passed around between languages and resources until it becomes something inaccurate.

In the meantime we can get a distribution or 2 of some event legendaries hey GF? please...

Game Freak has no hand in this sort of thing.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I am already bored with ORAS games and very disappointed with the news we got. I think we getting Gen 7 next year at the latest since we finished our national dex with current four games. Sorry people but I believe gen 6 is finished and that is why no new main series game got revealed. Game Freak probably decided to forget about Zygarde and it's moves after a while. That means no trio master in this gen. Most spin-off games we have been getting lately are terrible but we'll see what Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon has to offer.

BCVM22

No, that's ridiculous. They didn't "decide to forget" about anything and you have absolutely no basis for any of this. You aren't even leaping to a conclusion, you're actively making one up.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Doesn't sound like something they'd say, but where we sit now, if they did say it, then clearly they didn't mean it. It sounds more like the game of telephone that the Internet fandom likes to play sometimes, where something is said in an interview and then gets twisted up and passed around between languages and resources until it becomes something inaccurate.

Game Freak has no hand in this sort of thing.

ok what i was thinking when i said that was this response from masuda when asked by game informer "Do you get stressed out or overwhelmed with annualized releases like this? Since Black and White we’ve had a brand new, full Pokémon game every year. Is there any fear that you won’t be able to keep that up?" (this is a translation from the original german text):

Junichi Masuda: Luckily, we have very talented people at Game Freak. That's the reason why I'm not worried to give other people the position of beeing the director for some games while I create completely new games like Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. For Black 2 and White 2 Takao Unno was the director, this time Mr. Ohmori was the director [for OR/AS]. When giving the position of the director to another person I must be convinced that he has the right vision for the game. While the responsibility for the project is in the hands of another person this person has the chance to use his full creativity. I always hope that the complete dev team supports the director and doing their best to create a high quality game. Releasing games in short time intervals is always a race against time. The more time you invest to develop a game the better the game will be in the end. There are however different factors which prevent that. If it would always take us three years to develop a game, we wouldn't match with the fast pace of the modern world. When thinking about the release date we have to ask ourselves when the demand for the games is at its highest point. When having only one year of development time it's easier to use the things we have right now and decide what should maintain and what whould be improved in the next game. After this we have to create the best result we could get in the time we have to develop the game.

So yeah, he didn't say anything about going for it and even emphasized what i was thinking, that longer development time bring out better games. XY is very shallow especially compared to the previous games (there's so much to do in B2W2) so a longer development time means more kalos, more plot and most importantly, more stuff to do. And i'm all for it.

As the non-existance of another gen 6 game, that's just not gonna happen. If it did, it would be a massive lost opportunity on the expansion of such a cool region.