• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Janovy

Banned

BCVM22

I think that's a very logical guess based on the apparent head crest and white diamond eyes, both of which are evocative of Zygarde.

Janovy

Banned
Now the only question is - what are we getting? Pokemon Z? If so, as a sequel? As a mere third version?

And is that thing a new form? A Mega Evolution? Some sort of Primal Reversion? So many questions.

BCVM22

Assuming we are correct - no sure thing just yet - hopefully this can at least put to rest any question of whether another Kalos title is forthcoming. It's deeply improbable they would create a forme like that solely for the anime movies.

Aetius

Finally a hint about the third version! :D
Honestly, I hope that it won't be a sequel.
I liked BW2, but in my opinion Gen.6 needs a reboot with this Pokèmon Z.
Anyway, Zygarde (it seems to be him at least XD) looks awesome in that new form.
I too am wondering about it.....is it a megaevo or a primal reversion?
So thrilled to find out about that! :D

Aielyn

http://pokejungle.net/2015/07/12/august-corocoro-leak-begins/

New Zygarde form? Looks like some form or shape of Zygarde for sure.

Just thought I'd put forward an alternative possibility. Not highly likely, but not impossible...

What if it's the ReshiZeKyurem combination form? That is, the original Legendary powerful pokemon that split into Reshiram and Zekrom (and Kyurem). Think about it - Kyurem has a yellow diamond-shaped thing on its forehead to give it the "third eye", the teaser image shows both black and white (looks like it's meant to be a flash of lightning, but it creates a pairing of black and white), and it looks like it has a crown, arms, legs, and wings (looking at the designs of Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem, you can see the components easily). I could easily see it having a kind of power-tail behind it, although it would be slightly off-screen. Note the resemblance of the arms to those of Zekrom.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Just thought I'd put forward an alternative possibility. Not highly likely, but not impossible...

What if it's the ReshiZeKyurem combination form? That is, the original Legendary powerful pokemon that split into Reshiram and Zekrom (and Kyurem). Think about it - Kyurem has a yellow diamond-shaped thing on its forehead to give it the "third eye", the teaser image shows both black and white (looks like it's meant to be a flash of lightning, but it creates a pairing of black and white), and it looks like it has a crown, arms, legs, and wings (looking at the designs of Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem, you can see the components easily). I could easily see it having a kind of power-tail behind it, although it would be slightly off-screen. Note the resemblance of the arms to those of Zekrom.

Come to think about it, that makes a lot of sense. Zygarde was not even featured in the promotional artwork yet Kyurem, Zekrom and Reshiram are prominent within the movie. If that Unova Dragon Trio is confirmed then that makes me wonder: how are we going to transform it into that in the games?

Anubis91

For the third version, for me there are 3 possibilities.
First : only one new title, with new mega evolutions, it could be named Pokémon Z and this silhouettes could be a new form of Zygarde.
Second possibility : two new title (like they did for B&W) and it could be named XZ and YZ, if that's the case, I think we will get one mega evolution of Zygarde for the first version and one primal reversion for the second.
Last (and not least) : new region (or part of a region) to explore, some new pokemons (remember the Strange Souvenir) and this silhouette might be a new pokémon...

Aielyn

Come to think about it, that makes a lot of sense. Zygarde was not even featured in the promotional artwork yet Kyurem, Zekrom and Reshiram are prominent within the movie. If that Unova Dragon Trio is confirmed then that makes me wonder: how are we going to transform it into that in the games?
I didn't realise that (I don't really follow the movies - I took interest in the news about this because it could indicate a new pokemon or form). I guess that adds further justification for my suspicion.

For those who don't see it, this might help a little - I've done a little mockup on what it might kind of look like, incomplete but enough to give you a feel for it. It's got a lot more Zekrom in the design I've done up than Reshiram or Kyurem, but that's just because I suck at artistic stuff.ReshiZeKyurem.jpg

FoggyMoor

What if it's the ReshiZeKyurem combination form? That is, the original Legendary powerful pokemon that split into Reshiram and Zekrom (and Kyurem).

That would be a very good idea.
BST=780

Xuxuba

I think it's pretty obvious that's Zygarde's new form. I'm glad he got a new form, because his original form looks like a chubby worm, it seems so harmless and cute that it wouldn't make a good game cover.
I don't think it's a fusion. Unova's trio used to be just one pokemon while Zygarde's lore has nothing to do with Xerneas and Yveltal.

FoggyMoor

One problem:
"This imagery comes from a trailer that airs after the newest movie"
--From the main page.

Note the use of the word "after," meaning that whatever this is, it has probably nothing to do with 'Clash of Ages.'

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(
I think this Zygarde forme could be a fusion of Zygarde and Yveltal, and another Zygarde forme to be a fusion of Zygarde and Xerneas- then we would have Pokemon ZX and Pokemon ZY. (They seem to be loving this 2-game thing recently)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm glad that the new Zygarde form at least implies that we'll get a new game next year. At least there's something I can look forward to in 2016 now. :p

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I wouldn't hold my breathe until it is confirmed that it is indeed the new form of Zygarde. For all we know, it could be a gen 7 pokemon and we could be heading for gen 7 games. Wouldn't get too excited unless you're prepared for disappointment.

R_N

I wouldn't hold my breathe until it is confirmed that it is indeed the new form of Zygarde. For all we know, it could be a gen 7 pokemon and we could be heading for gen 7 games. Wouldn't get too excited unless you're prepared for disappointment.

I'd think a new forme of zygarde would be more likely than a new pokemon at this point. We also still need to see Volcanion

also first time i've seen "don't get too excited" in relation to people not thinking its a gen 7 pokemon to go along with a gen 7 game. "Ugh I can't believe we got an all new pokemon instead of zygarde: the next"

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

they're not starting Gen VII

NX looks to be a Q4 2016 release, and knowing GameFreak, they like clinging to old hardware for as long as possible; Emerald released a few months before the DS while DP released two years after, BW2 released over a year after the 3DS launch and the system went two and a half years before getting XY

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Looks like the next game announcement is going to be closer than I thought. They wouldn't tease a new form if they weren't planning on announcing a new game soon. And if they were planning on releasing a game on the 20th anniversary (which is in February in case you didn't know), they'd probably announce it around August/September. Add to that the Pokemon World Championships which are next month, which lately they've been using to show off new things in the upcoming game (2013 they revealed Mega Kangaskhan, 2014 they officially revealed Mega Slowbro), everything seems to be lining up for an August announcement.

As for this new form, I think it is a Zygarde form, but it looks very different from Zygarde. And with two unreleased moves which are very similar to Land's Wrath, it seems like there's going to be another new form along with it. I'm curious exactly what they're doing with Zygarde, I can't imagine how he could go from a snake like creature to... this.

R_N

Looks like the next game announcement is going to be closer than I thought. They wouldn't tease a new form if they weren't planning on announcing a new game soon. And if they were planning on releasing a game on the 20th anniversary (which is in February in case you didn't know), they'd probably announce it around August/September. Add to that the Pokemon World Championships which are next month, which lately they've been using to show off new things in the upcoming game (2013 they revealed Mega Kangaskhan, 2014 they officially revealed Mega Slowbro), everything seems to be lining up for an August announcement.

As for this new form, I think it is a Zygarde form, but it looks very different from Zygarde. And with two unreleased moves which are very similar to Land's Wrath, it seems like there's going to be another new form along with it. I'm curious exactly what they're doing with Zygarde, I can't imagine how he could go from a snake like creature to... this.

well shaymin turned from a hedgehog into a weird fox thing and the kami trio turned into...nothing even remotely similar beyond their color schemes

the arms look kind of like tree trunks
maybe he becomes not-Yggdrasil