• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I'm honestly not sure we will get another Zygarde form. Granted, we only have one instance of a Pokémon getting two at the same time, but with Kyurem they revealed it in conjunction with each other. Zygarde, we only have one with no indication of the other. Due to that, we have to consider the possibility that there's only one form for this Pokémon.

I will admit though, if that is the case, I wonder what the deal is with having two attacks like that.

well shaymin turned from a hedgehog into a weird fox thing and the kami trio turned into...nothing even remotely similar beyond their color schemes

the arms look kind of like tree trunks
maybe he becomes not-Yggdrasil

To be honest, they remind more of mecha arms then tree trunks. If I were to guess, the basis for this thing may be a Naga, which would make sense since nagas are human snakes.

R_N

I'm honestly not sure we will get another Zygarde form. Granted, we only have one instance of a Pokémon getting two at the same time, but with Kyurem they revealed it in conjunction with each other. Zygarde, we only have one with no indication of the other. Due to that, we have to consider the possibility that there's only one form for this Pokémon.

I will admit though, if that is the case, I wonder what the deal is with having two attacks like that.

On the other hand, Mega Mewtwo X wasn't shown until well after Mega Mewtwo Y was even confirmed to be a Mega Mewtwo Y

I could see there just being one form but the different move could be based on other things. Maybe it's 2 versions again and one goes to each version

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
As for this new form, I think it is a Zygarde form, but it looks very different from Zygarde. And with two unreleased moves which are very similar to Land's Wrath, it seems like there's going to be another new form along with it. I'm curious exactly what they're doing with Zygarde, I can't imagine how he could go from a snake like creature to... this.

I wouldn't mind a second Zygarde form a la Kyurem, but I can't imagine Game Freak outdoing this form. It looks perfect even just as a silhouette imo.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Mewtwo and Charizard send their regards

maybe it's three forms = three moves, with Zygarde, Cosine Zygarde, and Secant Zygarde, and changing form changes between Land's Wrath, Thousand Waves, and Thousand Arrows or something like that

Illusio

No words, only rage
On the other hand, Mega Mewtwo X wasn't shown until well after Mega Mewtwo Y was even confirmed to be a Mega Mewtwo Y

I could see there just being one form but the different move could be based on other things. Maybe it's 2 versions again and one goes to each version

To be fair to his point, neither of those were cover legendaries.

Last edited:

AceTrainerBen

The movies arn't always an accurate representation of the games their based on, especially a year in advance.

last years reveal only showed us kyogre and Groudon having a grudge match, nothing more.

and Look at Movie 13, the preview for it contained a battle between lugia and ho-oh that never saw the light of day.

I really wouldn't base too much on this reveal, other than we have a new pokemon.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The movies arn't always an accurate representation of the games their based on, especially a year in advance.

last years reveal only showed us kyogre and Groudon having a grudge match, nothing more.

and Look at Movie 13, the preview for it contained a battle between lugia and ho-oh that never saw the light of day.

I really wouldn't base too much on this reveal, other than we have a new pokemon.

A new Pokemon is a huge indicator of a new game though. Where and when are we supposed to get this new Pokemon if it's not in a new game?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
A new Pokemon is a huge indicator of a new game though. Where and when are we supposed to get this new Pokemon if it's not in a new game?

We don't really know yet, but it takes time, probably by next year.

AceTrainerBen

I think we will see 2 new games based on the hexagon hack check thing having 2 spaces left on it for upcoming titles.

but at the same time the end of trailer previews are subject to change, and even the finished films themselves can be inaccurate or outdated the time we actually have the games.

just thought I'd throw that out there.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think we will see 2 new games based on the hexagon hack check thing having 2 spaces left on it for upcoming titles.

but at the same time the end of trailer previews are subject to change, and even the finished films themselves can be inaccurate or outdated the time we actually have the games.

just thought I'd throw that out there.

This new Pokemon/form wouldn't just be revealed if it wasn't going to be in the film though imo.

AceTrainerBen

This new Pokemon/form wouldn't just be revealed if it wasn't going to be in the film though imo.

agreed,
but it's possible we might see it in the movie without it's possible counterpart like in the mewtwo and genesect movie.

Also if it is Zygarde and is does have a certain transformation method, we might not see that either, like in the kyurem movie. Where they said it's just something it can do naturally, My guess for that change was not to spoil the games's plot because they weren't released yet.

cryuel

Finally a hint about the third version! :D
Honestly, I hope that it won't be a sequel.
I liked BW2, but in my opinion Gen.6 needs a reboot with this Pokèmon Z.
Anyway, Zygarde (it seems to be him at least XD) looks awesome in that new form.
I too am wondering about it.....is it a megaevo or a primal reversion?
So thrilled to find out about that! :D

I personally hope it's a sequel. BW2 had so much content~ :)

Pilpulp

美的
Whatever they do for this game, I hope it is out of the ordinary like BW2 was.

It seems to me like the shape of this new Pokemon's head looks similar to the Strange Souvenir item's shape.
Anyone else see this?

Not really at all, they're pretty different. The souvenir doesn't have the diamond on it's forehead or the same type of arms as the pokemon/form/mega. It doesn't even have the pointy head either.

OptimusZygarde

Butterfly fanatic
Dang... that thing looks massive. My money's on a new Form/Mega/Primal of Zygarde. Since it's likely that Volcanion and Eternal Floette are going to be event-only 'mons, I think he's the next choice for GF to focus on for the next game(s) in order to promote next year's movie.

I hope we hear some more news soon... I'm pumped. (By the way hi, I'm new here. :) )

Elchar

So..... what do you guys think about that new weird thing sketches?

Ulicies

Mild Monk
So..... what do you guys think about that new weird thing sketches?
Uhhh I have no clue. If they're both new Pokemon, then I guess that would fulfill the goal of doing something unexpected for the third version.

The shape reminds me of Shuppet, so there's that.

Last edited:

Aetius

I'm excited for those sketches, but I wonder if it's really a new Pokèmon...
Usually they give a glimpse of the next gen by introducing to us a Pokèmon from the new region (in the anime).
But this time (if it truly is a new Pokèmon) they're supposedly doing that with a movie.
Besides, there's still not a third version for gen 6, which makes everything even more mysterious.
I guess that we will have to wait for more info at this point. :D