• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Also worth remembering is Zygarde has a bright-ish green color as well. Then again, I can't imagine him having multiple forms ranging so wildly different between the tiny shuppet-esque blob and the giant golem.

redsky

Ninja
I'm hoping that this is a brand new 7th gen Pokemon that we won't see much more of until the 7th gen games are announced, and won't be in a XY third version. I only want this because I find it fun getting a mysterious Pokemon announced this far in advance.

Of course, I wouldn't mind it being a new Pokemon or form that appears in the potential third version of XY.

Littlemyuu

So..... what do you guys think about that new weird thing sketches?
I have no clue what it's supposed to be, I kinda hope it will be a gen. 7 Pokémon, But I guess it has something to do
with Zygarde..since the "blob" is green.

Raravian

Ditto Pimp
Has anyone thought of the possibility that perhaps GameFreak will introduce the other half of 6th Generation's new Pokemon with the possible new game(s)/sequel(s)?

I remember how a friend and I first discussed XY. "Great! Amazing! But... Where's the rest of the Pokemon? Is this it? Only 69 of them?"
What if in a possible sequel (and I know this is all very speculative but bear with me), another brand new set of Pokemon will be introduced?

The creators have said before that they wanted to focus on story, design and gameplay quality over Pokemon quantity. I think even with this argument, it would be very much possible for them to pull a stunt like the one I have imagined and described above. They have had more time (from the end of BW2 to now and the near future) to design the grand total of these Pokemon after all, instead of everything having to be finished with the first 6th Generation games.

Another argument is that it would be a very attractive choice to make from a business point-of-view. It will give players a much better reason to buy the sequels/new game(s) than if it were just the same with a couple of small updates and a new Legend thrown in. It fits the strategy they have been pulling with BW2, where they also gave people a good reason to go out and buy these games (new story, new characters, a few new places, more Pokemon, PWT, etc.).

The only thing that bothers me is, how will the compatibility be between the 6th Generation games? We already know that ORAS Mega's can't be in XY, so what about all these new Pokemon? They don't like to spoil things (such teases), and the only Pokemon that had been found to have been programmed into the games were the Mega Lati-twins, Hoopa, Diancie, a few signature moves, Vivillon patterns, and Volcanion.

The other argument against my theory is that the new Pokemon thing from the trailer was bright green, which logically brings forth lots of associations with Zygarde. If it's with Zygarde, maybe they would go the 'normal' route after all, by upgrading a new/old Legend to be a bigger threat.

Perhaps my imagination is running wild on this one, but I'd like to hear what you have to say. Are you sceptical about this or do you agree? Or do you have other ideas on what this revelation may mean? What do you think?

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Personally, i hope that there will be a 7th gen next year. It would be perfect, and would make since since 2016 will mark the 20th anniversary since Pokemon came to be!

Has anyone thought of the possibility that perhaps GameFreak will introduce the other half of 6th Generation's new Pokemon with the possible new game(s)/sequel(s)?

I remember how a friend and I first discussed XY. "Great! Amazing! But... Where's the rest of the Pokemon? Is this it? Only 69 of them?"
What if in a possible sequel (and I know this is all very speculative but bear with me), another brand new set of Pokemon will be introduced?

The creators have said before that they wanted to focus on story, design and gameplay quality over Pokemon quantity. I think even with this argument, it would be very much possible for them to pull a stunt like the one I have imagined and described above. They have had more time (from the end of BW2 to now and the near future) to design the grand total of these Pokemon after all, instead of everything having to be finished with the first 6th Generation games.

Another argument is that it would be a very attractive choice to make from a business point-of-view. It will give players a much better reason to buy the sequels/new game(s) than if it were just the same with a couple of small updates and a new Legend thrown in. It fits the strategy they have been pulling with BW2, where they also gave people a good reason to go out and buy these games (new story, new characters, a few new places, more Pokemon, PWT, etc.).

The only thing that bothers me is, how will the compatibility be between the 6th Generation games? We already know that ORAS Mega's can't be in XY, so what about all these new Pokemon? They don't like to spoil things (such teases), and the only Pokemon that had been found to have been programmed into the games were the Mega Lati-twins, Hoopa, Diancie, a few signature moves, Vivillon patterns, and Volcanion.

The other argument against my theory is that the new Pokemon thing from the trailer was bright green, which logically brings forth lots of associations with Zygarde. If it's with Zygarde, maybe they would go the 'normal' route after all, by upgrading a new/old Legend to be a bigger threat.

Perhaps my imagination is running wild on this one, but I'd like to hear what you have to say. Are you sceptical about this or do you agree? Or do you have other ideas on what this revelation may mean? What do you think?

I kinda like this idea too. another set of new 6th gen pokes would be a great reason to buy the sequel to the XY games, plus it'd be new and interesting concept

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

That's impossible, as any new Pokemon lead to a new generation. Whether it's 1 or 1000. Generations are a fan term used to separate batches of Pokemon.

Janovy

Banned
Generations are a fan term used to separate batches of Pokemon.
Wrong. It may have been started by the fans, but Masuda himself used the term 'sixth generation' in his blog.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Concerning the speculated Zygarde form, I think it would be nice if Z/ZX/ZY/X2/Y2 was a sequel, but if I were to make a anwesome wish, I would love if the next Kalos game was a prequel to X/Y in the timeline.
I mean, wouldn't it be fun to go back in time to the root of Mega Evolutions, see for ourselves the attempts of AZ or maybe see the impact of the great Kalos War in such a game ?

Of course, the main issue in this type of game would be the probable non existant technology (Pokéballs, Pokémon Centers and such), making it impossible to build a game around it. Though it would be pretty neat.

Janovy

Banned

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
That's impossible, as any new Pokemon lead to a new generation. Whether it's 1 or 1000. Generations are a fan term used to separate batches of Pokemon.

Why could it not mean a set of games acting in the same region in the same time period with the same main characters?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod

Awesome, thanks. Just wanted to check whether he actually said it, or if it was just added by whoever translated it. It's in the original Japanese as well.

Why could it not mean a set of games acting in the same region in the same time period with the same main characters?

But again, new Pokemon are a new generation. Just as having a child is a new generation for a family. Whether they have any relation to previous Pokemon, or even if the games are set in the same region, doesn't really matter.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Awesome, thanks. Just wanted to check whether he actually said it, or if it was just added by whoever translated it. It's in the original Japanese as well.

But again, new Pokemon are a new generation. Just as having a child is a new generation for a family. Whether they have any relation to previous Pokemon, or even if the games are set in the same region, doesn't really matter.

By this logic, since they weren't released during the same games as the other Kalos Pokemon, Hoopa and Volcanion should be considered the 7th generation.

I thought generations referred to major changes in software? Like, you can automatically tell that all the 'Generations' are different due to art style of the game, technical advancements, and so on.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
They were. They are in the game's data.

But they were not accessible to us without hacking. So they hadn't been officially released to the public. The Pokemon do not appear in the game whatsoever and weren't able to until a new set of games was released. So, two unable to obtain Pokemon appearing in a different set of games than their regional family should be considered a generation.
OR we can say that a generation just consists of Pokemon appearing in a region in said region's original (non-remake) set of games.

Janovy

Banned
But they were not accessible to us without hacking. So they hadn't been officially released to the public. The Pokemon do not appear in the game whatsoever and weren't able to until a new set of games was released. So, two unable to obtain Pokemon appearing in a different set of games than their regional family should be considered a generation.
OR we can say that a generation just consists of Pokemon appearing in a region in said region's original (non-remake) set of games.
You don't seem to understand. They are in the games, they are BUILT INTO those games.

They are generation six Pokemon. No other Pokemon exist.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
You don't seem to understand. They are in the games, they are BUILT INTO those games.

They are generation six Pokemon. No other Pokemon exist.

I do understand. I'm just trying to prove a point. I don't believe it's logical to say that one or two new Pokemon appearing in a game sequel constitutes a new generational title.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I thought generations referred to major changes in software? Like, you can automatically tell that all the 'Generations' are different due to art style of the game, technical advancements, and so on.

Those have always come along with it, but aren't necessarily required.

I do understand. I'm just trying to prove a point. I don't believe it's logical to say that one or two new Pokemon appearing in a game sequel constitutes a new generational title.

You're not proving any point, though. The Pokemon were created for that generation, put in the games, to be released later down the line as events to keep up interest. This new Pokemon was not created to be put into X/Y/OR/AS and is not anywhere in the game's data.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Those have always come along with it, but aren't necessarily required.

You're not proving any point, though. The Pokemon were created for that generation, put in the games, to be released later down the line as events to keep up interest. This new Pokemon was not created to be put into X/Y/OR/AS and is not anywhere in the game's data.

So (hypothetically), if one new Pokemon is released in X2Y2, then a brand new region with 100 new Pokemon in a new set of games a year later, you will actually refer to that generation as Gen 8? Not semantically, not officially, not technically, will you personally actually consider the one Pokemon the standalone 7th generation Pokemon?