• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Also remember that FR/LG introduced brand new areas (Sevii Islands) for the sake of livening up an old region. You could say that was due to being the third re-tread into that region in three generations, but the precedent is still there.

B2/W2 introduced new pieces of Unova, so hopefully we'll see something similar done with Kalos.

What will be interesting is the story. Is it set in the future? A reboot of X/Y's storyline? If new areas are introduced in Kalos, then I feel confident it will be set in the future with a fresh storyline.

Last edited:
I'm definitely intrigued by this new little blob Pokémon. When I looked at the drawing on Serebii.net, I got a good laugh out of seeing the word bubble that said "What!!!" and the arrow that said "audience."

Anyway, I do suspect this is not a Pokémon that is going to be released in the next Kalos region games. I could stand to be proven wrong, of course, but this is a perfectly reasonable time to give people a tiny taste of the next generation.

However, I do think the large figure is a forme of Zygarde. If so, the design looks good so far. All it needs is some stat boosts and a cool Ability, and we'll be set!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Anyway, I do suspect this is not a Pokémon that is going to be released in the next Kalos region games. I could stand to be proven wrong, of course, but this is a perfectly reasonable time to give people a tiny taste of the next generation.

I completely disagree. I think it's too early. I have never understood why Sinnoh Pokemon were premiered so early. It seems like such an odd choice. Waiting until the final movie of the generation would be a much better idea in my opinion.

Akashin

I completely disagree. I think it's too early. I have never understood why Sinnoh Pokemon were premiered so early. It seems like such an odd choice. Waiting until the final movie of the generation would be a much better idea in my opinion.

Whether or not you understand or agree with them having done so with Gen IV, the fact remains that it means it's hardly impossible that they're doing so again.

Besides, as BCVM22 pointed out, this is a tiny teaser of a Pokemon that won't be getting shown until next year's movie (assuming it is a Pokemon, of course). At which point, assuming Gen VII is two years off, seeing a Gen VII Pokemon would hardly be too soon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
When I went on Serebii.net, I had a look at the blobby new Pokemon and was probably the weirdest thing I've ever seen. It looks fairly small in size so I suspect it's not a legendary. Since it's going to star in the 3rd and last XY movie, it might give viewers a taste of the next generation.

Last edited:

Akashin

When I went on Serebii.net, I had a look at the blobby new Pokemon and was probably the weirdest thing I've ever seen. It looks fairly small in size so I suspect it's not a legendary. Since it's going to star in the 3rd and last XY movie, it's going to give viewers a taste of the next generation.

We know absolutely none of this as anything approaching fact. What the blob is, whether it's a new Pokemon or something related to Zygarde (or something else entirely), or what its role--if any--in the next movie will be. For that matter, we don't yet know whether or not M19 will be the last XY movie, either.

Xeno the Doomguy

I have a switch and getting back into Pokemon!
When I went on Serebii.net, I had a look at the blobby new Pokemon and was probably the weirdest thing I've ever seen. It looks fairly small in size so I suspect it's not a legendary. Since it's going to star in the 3rd and last XY movie, it might give viewers a taste of the next generation.
IMO I think this is a item which helps Zygrade transfrome or this could be a 7th gen mythical pokemon that they're showing.

Like with Lucario, Zoroark, and Mega Mewtwo Y. So yep.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
IMO I think this is a item which helps Zygrade transfrome or this could be a 7th gen mythical pokemon that there showing.

Like with Lucario, Zoroark, and Mega Mewtwo Y. So yep.

I'm not that sure yet. We'll have to wait for a year so this is confirmed.

Xeno the Doomguy

I'm not that sure yet. We'll have to wait for a year so this is confirmed.

I hope this is a joke.. No hard feelings,but if is a Pokemon. It's ugly and it has a bad design.

Akashin

I hope this is a joke.. No hard feelings,but if is a Pokemon. It's ugly and it has a bad design.

All we have to go on right now are a few rough sketches and a possibly fake image that doesn't completely depict what it's apparently supposed to look like in any case, so this is relatively premature.

Seeing as this thing has eyes and moves, however, I feel pretty safe in saying that it's not an item.

Xeno the Doomguy

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
With such basic-looking Pokemon though, and this soon? I'm not sure I agree. It's not enough to create much Gen 7 hype imo.

Well, I agree with the Gen 7 hype you talked about. Since it's too early (going by generation logic) for GF to announce the seventh generation, it's not going to do much and we don't really know anything about it.

TurboBlaziken

Hero of Time
Well, I agree with the Gen 7 hype you talked about. Since it's too early (going by generation logic) for GF to announce the seventh generation, it's not going to do much and we don't really know anything about it.

I am really hoping it is a tease for Gen VII, but that's just me. I haven't gotten that much enjoyment out of Gen VI, but I still have some hope that Z/X2Y2 will improve upon it.

OptimusZygarde

Butterfly fanatic
Also remember that FR/LG introduced brand new areas (Sevii Islands) for the sake of livening up an old region. You could say that was due to being the third re-tread into that region in three generations, but the precedent is still there.

B2/W2 introduced new pieces of Unova, so hopefully we'll see something similar done with Kalos.

What will be interesting is the story. Is it set in the future? A reboot of X/Y's storyline? If new areas are introduced in Kalos, then I feel confident it will be set in the future with a fresh storyline.

I'm hoping they do this as well. If not give us a B2/W2 situation, give us a Platinum situation in which a lot of needed improvements are done to the new game.

What I would really like to see them do is make a game or games that serve as tie-ins to both X/Y and ORAS. There are an awful lot of Kalos War references in ORAS, especially during the Delta Episode. For instance, what was AZ doing planting a huge tree in Sootopolis? While on that subject, I hope they give us another awesome post-game "episode". The Looker one we got in X/Y was okay, but I think they did much better with ORAS post-game. I also hope to see them expand and make clearer connections between Mega-Evolution and Infinite Energy, especially since we got two Mega-origin stories going on at once(the Kalos one and Hoenn one).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
For that matter, we don't yet know whether or not M19 will be the last XY movie, either.

Here's the thing though, if you break down the release dates of movies and games, this can't be the last 6 gen movie. The latest trend has been to have games released in October, so we can assume that "Z Version" won't come out until then, that puts this movie premeiring before it, as the movies premiere during the summer in Japan. Assuming they don't take less than a year to release the game after "Z Version," we'll be getting the first seventh gen games in October 2017, which also means it comes after 2017's movie. As they don't start the next region in the anime until after the games come out, 2017's movie cannot be a seventh gen movie, which means it will be the final sixth gen movie. Even if they decide to change back to spring releases for either "Z Version" or the first seventh gen games, that would put the movie only a few months after the anime starts its new season, which is much too soon for a movie to work out.

Since we are pretty much certain to get at least another sixth gen movie, that's why I don't think this is a seventh gen Pokemon. It just makes so much more logical sense to premiere new Pokemon then, right before the new games come out, rather than now, when we're not even done with sixth gen.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
A new pokemon huh? Gen 7 is coming our way it seems and they not going to improve Zygarde by the looks of it. Probably just release Zygarde with hidden moves or the moves won't get released at all. Gen 6 start great with XY and ended badly with ORAS, what a joke this generation was and the anime went down hill when Serena came into the picture. I can't wait for this gen to be over and maybe the next would be better.

BCVM22

Gen 7 is coming our way it seems and they not going to improve Zygarde by the looks of it. Probably just release Zygarde with hidden moves or the moves won't get released at all. Gen 6 start great with XY and ended badly with ORAS, what a joke this generation was and the anime went down hill when Serena came into the picture. I can't wait for this gen to be over and maybe the next would be better.

You keep trying this. It's still baseless. It's still inane. It still isn't true. Please stop.