• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
This smartphone game would be a waste of money in my opinion but then again I don't have a smartphone which I am very grateful that I don't. This game has no potential in my opinion and I want nothing to do with it. I hope Zygarde's new form is acquired by this because it is unattractive game. There is no way I would that device on me ever. The only thing left is for corocoro but all my expectations have gone down the drain.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well, Serebii just confirmed that the game will be free to play, but feature in-app purchases. No surprise there. Hopefully you'll still be able to play without too much restriction if you don't want to pay.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
That won't be the case at all. People are just impatient now, with the year going by and still no announcement.

I actually liked the idea and usage, this should be fun to play. Just because they're trying to venture in the Smartphone market, doesn't show that they've become relaxed with the Main series.
Spin-offs were always a big thing with Pokemon, besides Dash and Trozei/Link.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I wonder how much it will cost. Hopefully it won't be freemium. I'm so tired of those type of games.

HA. It'll be that and more. I can only imagine.

"Buy a ticket for the new Pokémon movie and get a chance to catch this rare event-only Pokémon". "This Pokémon is exclusive to Pokémon Center stores if you buy X article" "Buy X, Y, OR and AS to catch Kyogre" "530 of the 721 Pokémon are exclusive to Japan territories", etc.

BCVM22

I'm not sure why that announcement required a press conference though.
Among other things:

• Iwata apparently worked on it before his passing
  • Nintendo proper and a former Google startup are involved
  • Both Miyamoto and Masuda are contributing
  • A peripheral was designed solely to go with the app

It's their first really big, exclusive foray into mobile gaming and they're clearly going to be pushing it hard in the months ahead.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Among other things:

• Iwata apparently worked on it before his passing
  • Nintendo proper and a former Google startup are involved
  • Both Miyamoto and Masuda are contributing
  • A peripheral was designed solely to go with the app

It's their first really big, exclusive foray into mobile gaming and they're clearly going to be pushing it hard in the months ahead.

Yeah, I suppose.

Janovy

Banned
Yeah...now I'm expecting CoroCoro to largely promote Pokemon Go and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

The green blob and the large Shadow will likely get minimal amount of focus.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Yeah...now I'm expecting CoroCoro to largely promote Pokemon Go and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

I agree with this. Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon comes out in Japan on the 17th of Spetember which may be the reason we didn't get a new main series game.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Don't worry, Pokemon Go is not a mainline Pokemon game. This game will be connected to main games, just like Colosseum, XD, and Dream Radar.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Figured we should have a thread to discuss this game. It's here if anyone is interested.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
According to the trailer, it appears that you can trade Pokémon between phones with Pokémon Go but not sure about the method of how it's done.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Well, not all details have been released. So we can just wait on it and get a detailed official analysis.

Maybe starts off with Gen 1 and increases as you get on with the captures. Would be pretty annoying to start off with all 721.

TheGreaterLucario

I don't know about anyone else, but I kind of hope Pokemon GO really takes off. It sounds like it'll be about as close one can get to being an actual Pokemon trainer.

Tuvixer

The future of Pokemon games is AR. Every step, even if it is on smartphones, is great, because in future time we will have something like Holo Lense and this game combined to have a great AR Pokemon experience. :)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Have they ever gave a ton of focus on Pokemon mobile games in CoroCoro before? I know this isn't Pokemon Shuffle or anything but I'm still expecting a large/decent amount of focus on shadow/blob Zygarde considering they're revealing more details in this issue and I personally doubt "answers to these mysteries!!" is going to get small focus.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Have they ever gave a ton of focus on Pokemon mobile games in CoroCoro before? I know this isn't Pokemon Shuffle or anything but I'm still expecting a large/decent amount of focus on shadow/blob Zygarde considering they're revealing more details in this issue and I personally doubt "answers to these mysteries!!" is going to get small focus.

I don't even recall Shuffle (Mobile) being presented in CoroCoro. Even that Pokemon music app. Unless I'm mistaken.

Anyway, I think they'll focus on Super Mystery Dungeon in the upcoming issue, considering it's the last issue before the game is released on the 17th.
Then we have the 'promised' info about the blob and Zygarde.

Pokemon GO might be mentioned, but I doubt they'll focus on it that much.
I don't think there's much to talk about it right now anyways.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So during the presentation this graphic was posted:

pokemon_timeline_to_2016__large.jpg

What's interesting about this is that they list all of the generation debut years and titles, but they have 2016 blank. So this means we could be seeing either a Gen 7 game that involves Zygarde or a Gen 6.5 game set in Kalos. And between the two, I find the latter to be more likely since tying Zygarde to a completely different region doesn't make much sense. So I think that adds a bit more credence to the Gen 6.5 theory.

Last edited: