• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Wow. Damn.

Yeah... no.

But I don't think I can convince you otherwise, so I'm not going to bother with it. However, no one really should think legendaries, or any Pokémon for that are some abstract physical representations concepts with no real-life, cultural or mythological equivalent, nor should they think their basis is one very specific idea, rather than an amalgamation of different, possibly related, possibly unrelated ideas.

Care to explain instead of just bluntly dismissing me like that?
Looking at the different Zygarde formes and the children of Loki the only traits they share are being a canine, a serpent and a humanoid creature. Like I'm genuinely curious how you can see Fenrir in Zygarde 10% at all. Sure, I can be wrong, but the argumentation for the theory is very thin. And when it comes to pokémon inspiration a lot of it is guessing so I hardly think either you or I have the right to claim that we are definitely right.
Of course I know that Pokemon can be based on several things. The XYZ trio reminds me more of Hindu deities where creation, maintenance and destruction are extremely important aspects, which is why I have kind of settled for the Norse world map creatures being their visual inspiration while thematically being more similar to Hindu deities. I feel they kind of did the same with the Therian formes as well, with them visually resembling three of the four Chinese constellation creatures while still thematically just being Raijin, Fujin and Inari. However I don't see the same level of accuracy when it comes to the visuals of the Zygarde formes corresponding to Loki and his children.

Last edited:

Lord Zoroark

Master Tactician
This all just sounds like dragon ball z. What is going on at Pokemon HQ nowadays?

Oh, boy. Here come the "Pokemon's Stealing Ideas" Accusations.

"Dictyostelium discoideum is a species of soil-living amoeba belonging to the phylum Mycetozoa. Commonly referred to as slime mold, D. discoideum is a eukaryote that transitions from a collection of unicellular amoebae into a multicellular slug and then into a fruiting body within its lifetime."

From Wikipedia.

This can explain the Core and Cellular Zygard going together to make a larger Zygard (and the 50% form is a Slug :D )

I just don't get why they shoehorned the Dragon typing in.

Am I the only one who just realized that the hexagons are supposed to represent 6 carbon molecular rings or am I just slow?

Props to you. I never even realized it.

reykho

Yeah I know they were based on norse myths, even though the region is based on france, and I also know that the XYZ "maybe" is because the dna or the 3d axys ( thats a fan theory, no real confirmation on that) what I was saying is that the new zygarde is also based on Cell, you cant put those 2 side by side and you can see what I'm talking about. I mean they already did it with mewtwo, based him on frezzer you know.

One thing dont neglect the other or you think they based the pokemon design in just one thing? I'm not trying to being rude just want to point out something thats pretty obvious to me

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Well... the dragon type in Pokemon are something strange things... not necessary a lizard like one. Even things more "dragons" aren't dragons...

Yeah, while Zygarde doesn't really scream Dragon type with its other formes, in its defense some of the other Dragon types don't look too much more like Dragons in a traditional sense, legendary or otherwise. I don't think people would necessarily look at Dialga and Palkia and think "yup that looks like a Dragon."

I think a better comparison would've been AZ's Floette. It's called "Ash Greninja" anyway.

It's from a few pages back, but I had a similar thought that maybe this Greninja will be similar to AZ's Floette and be released as an event later on.
This is also a lot less complicated than the idea I shared earlier.

I can also support it being a possible Mega Greninja. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time a mega didn't look too much different in it's Mega form than in it's normal form.

I wonder what these forms are going to have to do with those two unreleased signature moves Zygarde has (Thousand Arrows/Waves)?

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
Oh, boy. Here come the "Pokemon's Stealing Ideas" Accusations.

They kind of are. It is getting obsessive beyond megas now. Can't we just give the pokemon that actually need megas the benefit of the doubt? Zygarde perfect is going to be so overpowered and I thought Mega Rayquaza was bad. I love the new formes but... I expected only one forme.

BurningWhiteKyurem

I'm not seeing the Norse mythology with Zygarde's forme. At least not as readily apparent as Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde's 50% forme.

The Dog forme looks a lot more like a Doberman than Fenrir (who is typically portrayed as a wolf anyways). And I don't recall anything resembling Zygarde's mecha forme in regards to Norse mythology.

Last edited:
They kind of are. It is getting obsessive beyond megas now. Can't we just give the pokemon that actually need megas the benefit of the doubt? Zygarde perfect is going to be so overpowered and I thought Mega Rayquaza was bad. I love the new formes but... I expected only one forme.

No, they kind of aren't.

What I don't get is this: Why are people picking now to complain about another Pokemon getting multiple forms? It's not like this is the first time it's happened.
As an example: Are we forgetting a Pokemon called Rotom and it's five other forms? That's fine, but Zygarde's forms aren't fine? Where's the logic in this, exactly? Because I can't see it.

If GF doing, well, anything remotely new bothers you so much, uh, ignore it, perhaps? Just a suggestion.

Edit: (so it dosen't look like I'm just trying to get my post count up...):

Wulava said:
DENIAL.

Fans just can't accept what they were shown and given, especially when it was far from their expectations.
This always happens during new info reveals (be it a Mega Evo, a new Forme, a new character, a new game mechanic, etc). But usually get over it and accept it in the long run

Which, I'll just quickly point out, is probably the one thing I dislike when there's reveals like this.

Anyway, to get back on topic:
I'm now curious to what exactly needs to happen in order for Zygarde to take these forms.
Maybe it starts in one of it's cell form(e)s and can only take the form of one of it's other form(e)s at a time?

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
DENIAL.

Fans just can't accept what they were shown and given, especially when it was far from their expectations.
This always happens during new info reveals (be it a Mega Evo, a new Forme, a new character, a new game mechanic, etc). But usually get over it and accept it in the long run.

JoshRyuu

Engineer of Dreams
Late to the party it seems. But here are my thoughts:

I want a Zygarde Core plushie.
Perfect Zygarde looks like a megazord.

Have they confirmed the third game is going to be called Pokemon Z yet? Because I still feel like we're gonna be trolled like they did with not-Gray. Pokemon X2 / Y2, anyone?

R_N

Have they confirmed the third game is going to be called Pokemon Z yet? Because I still feel like we're gonna be trolled like they did with not-Gray. Pokemon X2 / Y2, anyone?

If you want to get technical there is no game announced, period.

BurningWhiteKyurem

There is no game announced, but the fact that the anime is getting relabelled into XYZ should be reason enough to assume that the next game will be called Pokemon Z. After all, the last time we had a sequel, the anime was still called Pokemone Black and White/Best Wishes instead of B+W2.

R_N

There is no game announced, but the fact that the anime is getting relabelled into XYZ should be reason enough to assume that the next game will be called Pokemon Z. After all, the last time we had a sequel, the anime was still called Pokemone Black and White/Best Wishes instead of B+W2.

Well technically it was called Best Wishes Season 2 and the name change went into effect the day BW2 came out
I think Platinum got appended to the Diamond & Pearl anime at some point too (though not HGSS)

e: Otherwise yes I aggree. Especially since it's "XY & Z"

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
But it makes me wonder why they showcased it on the anime first, rather than announcing the game?
Especially considering that this isn't some ordinary Pokemon. It's Zygarde.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
But it makes me wonder why they showcased it on the anime first, rather than announcing the game?
Especially considering that this isn't some ordinary Pokemon. It's Zygarde.

Has there ever been any other Pokemon that was revealed in the anime before it was revealed in/for the games? First one that comes to my mind is Ho-oh in the first episode, but that's about it.

R_N

Has there ever been any other Pokemon that was revealed in the anime before it was revealed in/for the games? First one that comes to my mind is Ho-oh in the first episode, but that's about it.

Togepi was also shown before I think GS were ever shown. By the time of the first movie I think we had screens of assorted pokemon that showed up (and artwork).
And obviously Giratina Origin Forme was shown before Platinum was announced.

The weirder thing is the anime is already being renamed to Pokemon XY & Z, even though the zygarde plotline is likely being wrapped up within the special and Z is, uhhhh, not even announced and is definitely not coming out until somewhere in 2016 (probably fall; spring at the absolute earliest)

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Ho-oh was a special case. We were not aware of a Gen 2 at the time.

There's Zorua and Zoroak who were revealed in February 2010, but Gen 5 weren't officially announced until April 2010.
I am aware of cases like this. But I was referring to Legendaries.

Giratina's Origin Forme was revealed February 2008, and Platinum was also announced February 2008. I'm not sure if they were announced simultaneously.
Kyurem's Formes were revealed February 2012, with B2W2 is announced along with it. That, I'm sure.

EDIT:
Nevermind. This also happened with Giratina Origin Forme. I got my info wrong.
Giratina's Origin Forme was revealed February 2008. Platinum was announced May 2008.

But still, Giratina's new forme weren't showcased in the anime or movie ahead of its game.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm just perplexed as to how this'll work. Two new direct Zygarde forms but are the Core and Cell another pair of alternate Zygarde forms? The silhouette of the complete form spun my imagination more than what was revealed but I have a feeling I'll like it in motion. The dog was unexpected but I like the look of it, though I don't get how it'll function. Someone mentioned HP being associated which would suck, since the dog has apparently high attack and speed and normally Zygarde isn't built like that. Or we're somehow taking cells away from Zygarde or adding more to it.

Ash's Greninja adds to the confusion. It doesn't look like a mega and my first thought was Pokemon customization.