• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Tuvixer

Well the announcement of the game will change everything for us, so it is important. :D

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Pokemon GO gets $30 million from The Pokemon Company, Nintendo and Google.
$20 million upfront, $10 million after certain goals are reached.

Source : gamnesia

With that ammount of money, you'd think they'll give us something damn good.

Chaos Rush

What a waste of money. I'm not going to spend money on something as useless as Pokemon Go. I rather they hurry up with the main series games and stop sending out useless spin-off games.
While I also have no interest in Pokemon Go, I would like to point out that your point is moot: Game Freak has absolutely nothing to do with Pokemon Go and is losing & gaining no money from it. Game Freak is working on the main series games like they always have.

Kein

AKA Silktree
Game Freak has absolutely nothing to do with Pokemon Go and is losing & gaining no money from it. Game Freak is working on the main series games like they always have.
Masuda is involved with Go and wants to connect it to the next game(s). Anyone who has shares in the Pokémon Company will profit from Go.

Chaos Rush

Masuda is involved with Go and wants to connect it to the next game(s). Anyone who has shares in the Pokémon Company will profit from Go.
My main point was, Game Freak isn't halting any development of their games from the existence of Pokemon Go, as Pokemon Go's development is being outsourced to Niantic. Alexander18 was implying that the spinoff is what's holding Game Freak back, when really that's not the case. We're all spoiled because we've had a Pokemon game every year since 2009 (by US release dates at least) so I can see why some people would be like "what's the holdup" in regards to Game Freak's next main series Pokemon game.

BCVM22

What a waste of money. I'm not going to spend money on something as useless as Pokemon Go. I rather they hurry up with the main series games and stop sending out useless spin-off games.

At this point your ignorance has to be tagged "willful," if you're intent on continuing to repeat this despite being told how wrong it is, repeatedly.

Tuvixer

If it is going to be connected with main series, then I am all for that. Catching Pokemon with go, and then transferring them to main series game, that option would be great, and I would then buy Pokemon GO.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Game Freak isn't halting their production of Pokémon games to make Pokémon Go, they will provide some art assets and some technical know how in relation of the Possible Trading/transfer system. Game Freak is probably taking their time to make their next game.

Since Platinum, we've had a new main series Pokémon game within 18 Months of Last one, and due to the timing in the West, we've had one every calendar year for 6 years. ORAS has had a few complaints, a few of them could be suggest that it was rushed. There are quite a few games in recent years that seem to be ruined by rushing the game for a release date.. I think Assassin's Creed could be a repeat offender, but they at least patching it when they realise what got out.

As for Tembo... that's all Game Freak. And Personally, I don't blame them for having a side project, I'd get sick if I did was work on Pokémon for 5 years straight. (And trust me, this is one the reasons I quit being staff here.) Tembo isn't actually a bad game, and runs extremely well for Game Freaks first PC game.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
At this point your ignorance has to be tagged "willful," if you're intent on continuing to repeat this despite being told how wrong it is, repeatedly.

I have no ignorance but I can't say the same for you though. In my opinion, they have waited long enough and should have announced the new games by now. I sincerely hope that the next game won't be as bad as ORAS was.

7JayDee7

GrandmasterTactician
IMO, Go would actually speed up the process of a new main series game. If Go connects to a main series game, it's obviously going to be a new one. It would be weird to introduce a game halfway through Go's life for interaction.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I have no ignorance but I can't say the same for you though. In my opinion, they have waited long enough and should have announced the new games by now. I sincerely hope that the next game won't be as bad as ORAS was.

We get a year off in every generation. There was a gap of 17 months between the release of Black & White and the reveal of Black 2 & White 2. We haven't even reached 12 months since ORAS launch. Patience is a virtue.

Rio!

Composer

That one bold phrase right there. It just has to remembered it's simply that, an opinion, not a fact. People tend to not want to respond or interact with someone who's hellbent on forcing their views onto people at every turn and opportunity they can. It gets old pretty fast. Constantly putting down spin-off games simply since they don't interest you personally doesn't help either. After all this is the 'Pokemon News Discussion' thread not the Pokemon News that Strictly Follows Main-series Game' thread. When it happens, we'll know some way or another.

Kein

AKA Silktree
IMO, Go would actually speed up the process of a new main series game. If Go connects to a main series game, it's obviously going to be a new one. It would be weird to introduce a game halfway through Go's life for interaction.
Ranger interacted with DP even though the former was released 6 months prior. Masuda said that he's still thinking about how the connection should be done.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Anyways. Pokemon Go will be pretty good, and I love the idea.
Sort of a change from dragging your GB/DS/3DS everywhere, it's just in your smartphone now. And it's not replacing or halting the main series in any way.

Speaking of Ranger, it's been long overdue for a new one. I miss damaging the touch screen through endless rotations.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Pokenchi right? The show that replaced Get TV?

I mentioned before it would've been that, Nintendo Direct, Press Conference or trailer from the Official Site(s).

Less than 4 weeks to go.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
While this might be something, let's not jump the shark here. Hasn't he appeared in Sunday/Smash for other things not related to game news. Because believe me, I remember those days when some thought we would get news from them every week and nothing happened. People then proceeded to say that they trolled their fans.

He has appeared on these shows and not given news on numerous occasions, yes.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
While this might be something, let's not jump the shark here. Hasn't he appeared in Sunday/Smash for other things not related to game news. Because believe me, I remember those days when some thought we would get news from them every week and nothing happened. People then proceeded to say that they trolled their fans.

As the months go by a new Pokémon game being announced gets greater chances to happen (even more when the new anime season XY&Z is about to start with content that XY/ORAS don't have integrated).

Since a "Pokémon Z" (call it whatever you feel like) is just bond to show up any time soon I'd say those past examples you mentioned aren't quite relevant. The date even matches the time CoroCoro is usually released so the odds are in our favor. Let's jump!

i wonder(on some far off chance) if they'll pull a johto an make 2 regions accesible, the Backpacker in Kalos says something about an new region that isn't any of the past regions... i remember alot of unsaid easter eggs still remain unsolved in X/Y. hopefully they might elaborate or add some clarification. here's hoping.