• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Gen 6 introduced Mega Evolution.
Of all the Pokemon, Gen 6 Pokemon should've had them first.
I agree, at least the Kalos starters should have been given Megas.
Diancie getting one always felt strange to me, given it's an event exclusive Pokemon and not part of the main game

Normal/Ground, Normal/Fire, Steel/Ghost, Dark/Psychic, Poison/Dragon, Electric/Normal, Rock/Dragon, Rock/Ice, Fighting/Flying, and Ghost/Grass were all new type combinations from Gen 6. And that's not even counting the 10 new type combinations that came via Fairy type being introduced. I'd hardly consider that lacking new type combinations relative to the number of Pokemon introduced...

Let's also keep in mind that this isn't a speculation thread for things that haven't been announced.

And Water/Fire when Volcanion finally gets officially revealed.

raichu27

Normal/Ground, Normal/Fire, Steel/Ghost, Dark/Psychic, Poison/Dragon, Electric/Normal, Rock/Dragon, Rock/Ice, Fighting/Flying, and Ghost/Grass were all new type combinations from Gen 6. And that's not even counting the 10 new type combinations that came via Fairy type being introduced. I'd hardly consider that lacking new type combinations relative to the number of Pokemon introduced...

Let's also keep in mind that this isn't a speculation thread for things that haven't been announced.
Generation 2, 3, 4, and 5 had more unique type combinations than Gen. 6:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_with_unique_type_combinations

KillerDraco

Generation 2, 3, 4, and 5 had more unique type combinations than Gen. 6:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_with_unique_type_combinations

Did you miss the "relative to the number of Pokemon introduced" part?

Because I think you did.

Plus, read the link you posted.

"Generation IV introduced the fewest Pokémon with unique type combinations, with 20."

You're defeating your own argument, there.

So, moving on to actual news, while people are clamoring for a main series game, Super Mystery Dungeon is looming over the horizon for the US as what looks to be one of the more solid spinoffs. Meanwhile, CoroCoro is to be expected soon, although at this point I'm not expecting too much from it, probably some more info about the anime, with Ash-Greninja and Zygarde type stuff. We shall see though.

In other news, Special Battle Season 13 is no-Megas-allowed. Kangaskhan and co. will be weeping in the corner.

Last edited:

daigo-san

Hoenn Champion
Did you miss the "relative to the number of Pokemon introduced" part?

Because I think you did.

Plus, read the link you posted.

"Generation IV introduced the fewest Pokémon with unique type combinations, with 20."

You're defeating your own argument, there.

So, moving on to actual news, while people are clamoring for a main series game, Super Mystery Dungeon is looming over the horizon for the US as what looks to be one of the more solid spinoffs. Meanwhile, CoroCoro is to be expected soon, although at this point I'm not expecting too much from it, probably some more info about the anime, with Ash-Greninja and Zygarde type stuff. We shall see though.

In other news, Special Battle Season 13 is no-Megas-allowed. Kangaskhan and co. will be weeping in the corner.

Joe posted something earlier talking about how there hasn't been much US promotion for Super PMD on Twitter, so I thought I would carry that over and bring it into this thread if it hasn't been discussed already. Any reasoning on why GF or Nintendo would avoid PMD promotion altogether? Because in all honestly, I haven't seen ads or such brought into the limelight for a long time concerning the US release for this game. Am I missing something?

Otjenyn

ROADRUNNER
New battle season only allows 3 pokemon to be selected while it is a double battle. Is this correct?

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I'm kinda looking forward to the carnage if all three decide to have nothing to do with the games.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Why not all of them.

Because we don't know what the odds are on new game information being revealed.

CoroCoro could be like October's.
Pokenchi could be a regular episode with a Masuda segment on his music.
Nintendo Direct could be focused on Zelda U solely, and Miitomo.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
The only one I'd really count on is Corocoro, Pokenchi has already been confirmed to be about something else and Pokémon hasn't had a main game announcement in a non-Pokémon exclusive direct.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
I am certain that Pokémon "Z" is going to be revealed. I'm so stoked tbh.

Anyone here trying to crush my dreams, don't, bye~

Torpoleon

Because we don't know what the odds are on new game information being revealed.

CoroCoro could be like October's.
Pokenchi could be a regular episode with a Masuda segment on his music.
Nintendo Direct could be focused on Zelda U solely, and Miitomo.
Miitomo likely won't be shown because the Nintendo Direct website states that the upcoming ND won't have updates on mobile (as well as NX).

I am certain that Pokémon "Z" is going to be revealed. I'm so stoked tbh.

Anyone here trying to crush my dreams, don't, bye~
I'd love to see Z announced here, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Hopefully it happens, but it's not like the chances are very high, in my opinion.

OptimusZygarde

Butterfly fanatic
Welp... guess I better grab the popcorn. It ain't gonna matter what the outcome will be, the popcorn is going to be a must-have for either a big announcement or a big disappointment.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
CoroCoro leaks should be out in some hours. Maybe we'll get a hint or maybe more...

Expect nothing though.

Torpoleon

CoroCoro leaks should be out in some hours. Maybe we'll get a hint or maybe more...

Expect nothing though.
Is CoroCoro releasing earlier than usual this month (usually CoroCoro releases on the 15th, except in August)? The 10th is usually the earliest I expect leaks (with the 12th being the latest).

Rio!

Composer
At this point hype has kind of gone down somewhat for me as far as main-series game goes; especially when the anime has gone ahead and taken off first. I'm also surprised there hasn't been much of an attempt at marketing in the US either, given that we're a little over a week into it actually being released. As much as I'd like a game announcement, I'm trying not to be too hopeful.
Good thing I have titles to look forward to in Direct I guess.

Torpoleon

At this point hype has kind of gone down somewhat for me as far as main-series game goes; especially when the anime has gone ahead and taken off first. I'm also surprised there hasn't been much of an attempt at marketing in the US either, given that we're a little over a week into it actually being released. As much as I'd like a game announcement, I'm trying not to be too hopeful.
Good thing I have titles to look forward to in Direct I guess.
Marketing of the XY&Z series in the west? The series hasn't started here yet. We've still got a few episodes left in the XY series. The XY series will end this December though. I imagine we'll have short break until around February, so the XY&Z series probably won't start here until early 2016.