• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Goddess Yami

Happy Go Lucky
While I was hoping for the next main series game, it is nice to have the original three coming to the eshop! Yellow was my first main series game (Pokemon Pinball was my first Pokemon game. lol). I actually turned it on the other day and it still saves which is odd because my Silver quit saving years ago. Despite this I will buy Yellow. I hope they fix the bugs. I wonder if this means GSC will come to the eshop someday.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yup, I knew it, no Z.

While it's not as nice as new Kanto games would be, I'm actually really excited for the Virtual Console games. I've been wanting them to do that for a long time now. I'll definitely get Yellow Version. I've always wanted to play Yellow because of all the anime references.

Honestly, after this, I don't think a Pokemon Z exists. When would it release? Half a year after the arc in the anime started? Nah.

Just be patient, they'll announce it when they're ready.

skyradiant

To Each Future
At this point I'm convinced we won't be getting any major announcements related to the main series until 2016, maybe December at the earliest. I would say that GameFreak passed up a golden opportunity, but the original RBY being re-released is enough on its own tbh.

ArtFenix

If Z isn't announced before the Zygarde movie is released on cinemas next year, then hello Gen 7.
Come on now)! We ARE getting at least one more Gen VI game before Gen VII arrives. They're just taking their time. Probably even working simultaniously on both Z and Gen VII for the new console.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Welp, so aside from the R/B/Y on the 3DS thing, the ND didn't reveal anything new for Pokemon. I'm glad I didn't fool myself into having bigger expectations.

Rakurai

It's kind of sad how many people were seriously expecting a major Pokemon announcement from this direct, if the sheer amount of complaining in other forums is anything to go by.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
It's kind of sad how many people were seriously expecting a major Pokemon announcement from this direct, if the sheer amount of complaining in other forums is anything to go by.

The problem is actually worse.

We have the entire winter catalogue covered with the current releases, and Spring will likely have other games.

The current announcements also imply that in spite of what we now know of Z, we will still get a traditional pre-release period.

GinGaru

i seriously dont understand what is all the hype for VC release, i know im probably gonna offend some people but gen 1 games are really really really bad with all their bugs and stuff
and btw am i missing something or peoples actually forgot about the datamining about the pendagon revealing that there are supposed to be 2 more games for gen 6, why everybody think that there will be pokemon Z and not XZ & YZ

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
The problem is actually worse.

We have the entire winter catalogue covered with the current releases, and Spring will likely have other games.

The current announcements also imply that in spite of what we now know of Z, we will still get a traditional pre-release period.

I guess the rumors were right... for the first time ever... no third version/sequel or whatever. That explains why they're doing the Zygarde plot in the anime right now.

Oh well, hopefully Gen 7 is better than Gen 6.

i seriously dont understand what is all the hype for VC release, i know im probably gonna offend some people but gen 1 games are really really really bad with all their bugs and stuff
There's gonna be plenty of people who don't care/aren't interested in these, sure, but I think it's a nice way of acknowledging their anniversary and it gives those who DO want to experience the Gen I games the opportunity to do so without tracking down a cartridge + GB/GBA + replacing the battery.

And, not gonna lie, there's definitely the nostalgia factor ~ ~ ~

KillerDraco

It's mostly nostalgia. It's well established that the Gen 1 games are objectively the worst in terms of bugs and balance. But those games, bad as they may be by today's standards, did start a legacy.

I guess the rumors were right... for the first time ever... no third version/sequel or whatever. That explains why they're doing the Zygarde plot in the anime right now.

This is the epitome of an over-exaggeration. Until they announce a new generation, you can't say with absolute certainty that there won't be a third version or sequel. All you can say with absolute certainty is that they did not announce a third version/sequel right now.

Let's not be so melodramatic.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
This is the epitome of an over-exaggeration. Until they announce a new generation, you can't say with absolute certainty that there won't be a third version or sequel. All you can say with absolute certainty is that they did not announce a third version/sequel right now.

Let's not be so melodramatic.

Right, sorry, just disappointed they didn't announce anything regarding the game. It was a perfect chance and they let it slip away...

Darkraid

The Starter Lover
I suspect that there was no announcement was because the release date is not in spring 2016. The direct was about games coming in spring 2016.

GinGaru

There's gonna be plenty of people who don't care/aren't interested in these, sure, but I think it's a nice way of acknowledging their anniversary and it gives those who DO want to experience the Gen I games the opportunity to do so without tracking down a cartridge + GB/GBA + replacing the battery.

And, not gonna lie, there's definitely the nostalgia factor ~ ~ ~
yeah but still... i dont know i feel that this is really underwhelming and kind of lazy to just re-release those games, i would much rather see something new and different for 20th anniversary
and i have to admit that im really dissapointed that they are wasting time on those free to start (thats what it says on the trailer tbh) phone games and not focusing on the next main series games

but oh well, all of us know that the games are coming, the only question is when

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I just expected MD and Pokken news, so anything else was a bonus. Pokemon picross looks like a fun free-to-play thing and I don't mind picross (certainly enjoyed Voltorb Flip). RBY with trading/battling will be fun too - could play it with friends as a group play - battle each other every couple of gyms whenever we meet up.

Fear not, we will get Pokemon Z info when it is ready. My bet remains next year, possibly in its own special announcement like XY and ORAS got iirc. Now would be odd given it would take away from MD which they're trying to promote.
and i have to admit that im really dissapointed that they are wasting time on those free to start (thats what it says on the trailer tbh) phone games and not focusing on the next main series games
Don't think it's being made by Game Freak so they're not wasting time at all. Besides, Pokemon games by Game Freak are in development for years with the team known to split into two to work on multiple projects.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
and btw am i missing something or peoples actually forgot about the datamining about the pendagon revealing that there are supposed to be 2 more games for gen 6, why everybody think that there will be pokemon Z and not XZ & YZ

It's very possible that the extra game was either a redundancy or made for something else (some people have suggested Pokemon Go). As things stand right now with Perfect Zygarde, there's no way that a duel release could work. Besides, an unofficial datamine is not an official source of information or confirmation of any kind, it's just an indication of what could happen, not what will.

BCVM22

im really dissapointed that they are wasting time on those free to start (thats what it says on the trailer tbh) phone games and not focusing on the next main series games

Entirely different companies, much less different development staff. One has nothing to do with the other.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
This has to be the best Nintendo Direct yet.

Fire Emblem release dates? Yep. And some people thought why would there be Fire Emblem news. LOL
Twilight Princess HD? Yep. And about damn time.
Zelda U for 2016? Yep. And thank God.
Dragon Quest VII and VIII? Yep.
Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow? Awesome. Probably the best way to commerrate the legacy. A second remake always sounded off.

I honestly don't care about a main series game announcement right now. It will happen when it happen, and from the looks of it..
I'm pretty sure we'll get something on February, and get the games in Fall 2016.