• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So? It doesn't matter when we're expecting it, we eventually got one in gen 6 and that's all it matters.

The original comment I was responding to was referring to the fact that people will be asking for Sinnoh remakes in Gen 8, I was saying that people will be asking for Sinnoh remakes earlier than that. that's all.

GinGaru

I just expected MD and Pokken news, so anything else was a bonus. Pokemon picross looks like a fun free-to-play thing and I don't mind picross (certainly enjoyed Voltorb Flip). RBY with trading/battling will be fun too - could play it with friends as a group play - battle each other every couple of gyms whenever we meet up.

Fear not, we will get Pokemon Z info when it is ready. My bet remains next year, possibly in its own special announcement like XY and ORAS got iirc. Now would be odd given it would take away from MD which they're trying to promote.
Don't think it's being made by Game Freak so they're not wasting time at all. Besides, Pokemon games by Game Freak are in development for years with the team known to split into two to work on multiple projects.

Entirely different companies, much less different development staff. One has nothing to do with the other.
well if you say so i guess you are more informed than me, i just really hope all those small projects won't take away any content intended for the core games
It's very possible that the extra game was either a redundancy or made for something else (some people have suggested Pokemon Go). As things stand right now with Perfect Zygarde, there's no way that a duel release could work. Besides, an unofficial datamine is not an official source of information or confirmation of any kind, it's just an indication of what could happen, not what will.

but i still dont think its something that we should ignore completely, as far as i concerned about video games data mining usually gave the right prediction
i wonder how BW2 have been recieved by the community, i would much rather have a sequal to XY and not Z which will just have a bit of extra content over XY

BCVM22

well if you say so i guess you are more informed than me, i just really hope all those small projects won't take away any content intended for the core games

By their very nature this is never the case. Side titles like these are developed far outside of Game Freak, in no small part specifically so that staff doesn't need to be diverted away from the real moneymakers that are the core titles.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
People will always want remakes. If we survive to Gen 8, wouldn't be surprised if people wanted D/P/Pt remakes by then.

People already do want them. However, it's not even about the generation at this point. Hasn't the pattern been a remake per system? FRLG for GBA, HGSS for DS and now ORAS for 3DS. I wouldn't expect the remakes for DP until the NX.

Hopefully they implement the third version better than they did with ORAS...

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Last edited:

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
People already do want them. However, it's not even about the generation at this point. Hasn't the pattern been a remake per system? FRLG for GBA, HGSS for DS and now ORAS for 3DS. I wouldn't expect the remakes for DP until the NX.

Hopefully they implement the third version better than they did with ORAS...

Erm, NX is the successor to the Wii U, not the 3DS.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
People will always want remakes. If we survive to Gen 8, wouldn't be surprised if people wanted D/P/Pt remakes by then.

Speaking of which, the VC titles trade/battle are restricted between just them right?
As far as we know yes, but it would make sense to add pokemon bank compatability. That being said, it would be sweet to see older gen games added as VC titles, I would die to play the original Emerald on VC, and if they allowed me to put the mons caught in bank, that would be just so epic.
Erm, NX is the successor to the Wii U, not the 3DS.
From what Ive heard, its not replacing either, its a whole new concept.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
The original comment I was responding to was referring to the fact that people will be asking for Sinnoh remakes in Gen 8, I was saying that people will be asking for Sinnoh remakes earlier than that. that's all.

After Gen 7 and before Gen 8 would be the next logical release for a DP remake. I say this because, clearly unbeknownst to many, there has been a pretty solid pattern thus far. I will also concede to the notion that patterns can be broken and have been, but it seems like a decent strategy on Gamefreak's part, if intentional.

The pattern is as follows:
Remake-->3 main series releases-->remake-->3 main series releases-->remake--> and so on

In depth:
Ruby/Sapphire-->FireRed/LeafGreen-->Emerald-->Diamond/Pearl-->Platinum-->HeartGold/SoulSilver-->Black/White-->Black2/White2-->X/Y-->OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire

So, in following with this pattern and the pattern mentioned above relating to remakes being released on new systems, I'm guessing the remaining cycle will look like this:
ORAS-->Z-->Gen 7 duo-->Gen 7 third title-->DP remake

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
It all depend if Gen 7 is still on the 3DS or already on the next handheld. I think they want the current handheld to be able to play every region. And Kanto is the only one that is missing and with the VC release of Gen 1, all regions can be played on the 3DS. You can still play it on the 3DS and the games still look decent.

KillerDraco

After Gen 7 and before Gen 8 would be the next logical release for a DP remake. I say this because, clearly unbeknownst to many, there has been a pretty solid pattern thus far. I will also concede to the notion that patterns can be broken and have been, but it seems like a decent strategy on Gamefreak's part, if intentional.

The pattern is as follows:
Remake-->3 main series releases-->remake-->3 main series releases-->remake--> and so on

In depth:
Ruby/Sapphire-->FireRed/LeafGreen-->Emerald-->Diamond/Pearl-->Platinum-->HeartGold/SoulSilver-->Black/White-->Black2/White2-->X/Y-->OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire

So, in following with this pattern and the pattern mentioned above relating to remakes being released on new systems, I'm guessing the remaining cycle will look like this:
ORAS-->Z-->Gen 7 duo-->Gen 7 third title-->DP remake

That's not a pattern. You are making an assumption. There's no sort of repetition or sequence that would suggest any sort of pattern. Is it plausible that we may get Gen 4 remakes some day? Certainly. But trying to predict when is an ultimately pointless endeavor based solely on assumptions.

Let's dial back the future generations speculation a bit, please.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Also, we sort of don't need a Gen 4 remake at the moment. Since we can actually play the titles on the 3DS.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
That's not a pattern. You are making an assumption. There's no sort of repetition or sequence that would suggest any sort of pattern. Is it plausible that we may get Gen 4 remakes some day? Certainly. But trying to predict when is an ultimately pointless endeavor based solely on assumptions.

Let's dial back the future generations speculation a bit, please.

I'm sorry, but do you not understand how patterns work? I would consider 1,3,1,3,1 a pattern. But maybe that's just me. Sorry for trying to contribute to the discussion with some sort of logic as opposed to the typical " I want it so it should happen now." And do context clues like "guess" and "concede" not imply to the reader that I am simply using my clues to contribute to the discussion? I'm not predicting anything. I mean, first of all, anyone who actually uses the word "predict" on this site is a moron anyways. Predictions require knowledge and foresight. We're just a bunch of fanboys guessing because we have nothing better to do between game releases. Second of all, as I said, I'm just providing my two cents. I didn't say "No, you're wrong." I didn't say, "Because I found a pattern, this will be the only cycle forever." I just wanted to provide some possible evidence from my standpoint. If you have something against patterns, maybe don't play Pokemon.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Perhaps they will be announced in February, to be released in June/July, kinda like B2W2 versions.

MiloticPrincess

loves Water pokemon
I fail to see how a lack of a "Z" announcement from yesterday is an indication that we are completely skipping Zygarde goodness and moving on to Gen 7 next year.

Sometimes this fandom drives me up the wall... don't worry people, it will be announced soon enough. I personally hope that Pokenchi says something so that all of this tension and conclusion-jumping can be put to an end, once and for all. But if not, there's nothing we can do about it except wait some more.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I fail to see how a lack of a "Z" announcement from yesterday is an indication that we are completely skipping Zygarde goodness and moving on to Gen 7 next year.

Sometimes this fandom drives me up the wall... don't worry people, it will be announced soon enough. I personally hope that Pokenchi says something so that all of this tension and conclusion-jumping can be put to an end, once and for all. But if not, there's nothing we can do about it except wait some more.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to skip out on the third version for Kalos, but I guess Game Freak could always be unpredictable about it. I'm also wondering if Gen. 7 will still be on the 3DS or will it already be developed for the new console? Timing is pretty difficult to tell at this point, so yep, we should just try to wait patiently.

Rio!

Composer

You and be both, lol.
To be honest though even if there is an announcement, it'll just be something else. Plus, isn't NX supposed to be following the WiiU not the 3ds?

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Plus, isn't NX supposed to be following the WiiU not the 3ds?

I heard that the NX is going to make up both the handheld and the home console, though I'm not sure how it would look. We'd just have to wait till more info is given about it.

Aetius

This was without a doubt the best Direct that I've ever got the chance to watch!
Pokèmon RBY on the VC made me overjoyed, as I can't just forget the first games of this wonderful franchise and the first ones that I've ever owned! :D
Yep, the nostalgia is strong in this announcement. XD
And let's not forget about Zelda! Can't wait to play Zelda Wii U! :D
As for the announcement of Z, I already knew that we wouldn't get it, but I think that there's nothing to fear, for we will get it sooner or later. :)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Here is why we're not getting a new generation next year.

Volcanion.

Volcanion has not been released, or even revealed yet.

They would typically want at least 6 months to promote a new generation, showing new Pokémon within the period, starting off with new Pokémon to start the hype cycle.

Volcanion is almost guaranteed to be revealed with the movie. Probable reveal in January/February/March and the event, as always, on July 16th 2016.

Now, if they were releasing a new generation in say October, hype would start between February and April with new Pokémon. To reveal new Pokémon before all the Pokémon are available in the current generation would create a marketing nightmare and a massive amount of confusion for the general populace.

If there was to be a new generation next year, then they'd have done with Volcanion what they did with Genesect in 2012 and shift its reveal to a year early in order to distribute it early and use its movie as the springboard for something in the next generation, in that case Mega Mewtwo Y.

So let's just scrap the idea of Gen VII next year. It's not happening

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

This. I don't get where people are getting this idea. There's no evidence that we're not getting a game based on the new Zygarde form, nothing. It simply hasn't been announced. If anything, we have more evidence to the contrary, we have unused Pokemon and moves in the coding, multiple new forms revealed for the anime, and a hint from the marketing director. It's highly unlikely that they're outright skipping Z.

Here is why we're not getting a new generation next year.

Volcanion.

Volcanion has not been released, or even revealed yet.

They would typically want at least 6 months to promote a new generation, showing new Pokémon within the period, starting off with new Pokémon to start the hype cycle.

Volcanion is almost guaranteed to be revealed with the movie. Probable reveal in January/February/March and the event, as always, on July 16th 2016.

Now, if they were releasing a new generation in say October, hype would start between February and April with new Pokémon. To reveal new Pokémon before all the Pokémon are available in the current generation would create a marketing nightmare and a massive amount of confusion for the general populace.

If there was to be a new generation next year, then they'd have done with Volcanion what they did with Genesect in 2012 and shift its reveal to a year early in order to distribute it early and use its movie as the springboard for something in the next generation, in that case Mega Mewtwo Y.

So let's just scrap the idea of Gen VII next year. It's not happening

Yeah, it's likely that the next movie is going to focus on Zygarde, Volcanion, and maybe one or two other new forms (maybe Ash Greninja or Eternal Flower Floette). It's too soon for 7th gen Pokemon, there's still plenty to cover next year. 7th gen is probably 2017.