• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Mokepon22

The next CoroCoro is going to have something big, as shown on the main site. Looking forward to what it is. (possible Pokémon Z revelation)

Whether game or movie news I'll be excited, the only thing we have about it was that leaked teaser

Wasn't it said that CoroCoro never announces new main series games? If it's game(Z) related I'm guessing that there will be an official announcement before CoroCoro since it always leaks

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Whether game or movie news I'll be excited, the only thing we have about it was that leaked teaser

Wasn't it said that CoroCoro never announces new main series games? If it's game(Z) related I'm guessing that there will be an official announcement before CoroCoro since it always leaks

Apparently the main site says that around December usually the CoroCoro issues would announce movie news but anything seems possible particularly a possible new series game, which would be a trend breaker. Apparently the title for the most recent Pokémon anime series, XY&Z, teased a new main series game.

Winter Breeze

formely joseph.
I honestly don't get why people are expecting it to be called "Z". It's too predictable and masuda himself said that he wamted to "surprise" us. How is having the anime reveal the next main series's name with it's new serie a "surprise" exactly ?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
At this point I am just going to assume CoroCoro is hyping up mpvie news and nothing more. So many burnouts from alleged reveal spots, its not fun anmore. The direct was the last straw for me, even if Pokemon Picross is likely the best idea ever. Butyeah, game news next month would be cool and all, but wherre would that place a release, in May? How would that work.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I honestly don't get why people are expecting it to be called "Z". It's too predictable and masuda himself said that he wamted to "surprise" us. How is having the anime reveal the next main series's name with it's new serie a "surprise" exactly ?

It added a Z for Zygarde. Zygarde is going to be a main focus in the XY&Z anime. I do certainly remember Masuda saying that we'll get surprises and imo, it's quite predictable, too, like we expected a 'Grey' version during the time of Black and White before B2W2 came out. And I've heard like one month ago that anime news is quite important at the current stage. But all you have to know is that the title for the next main series Pokémon games hasn't been announced for now.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics

"Z" is just a placeholder for what they are caling the next games. Easiest way to describe the next version/s.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
At this point I am just going to assume CoroCoro is hyping up mpvie news and nothing more. So many burnouts from alleged reveal spots, its not fun anmore. The direct was the last straw for me, even if Pokemon Picross is likely the best idea ever. Butyeah, game news next month would be cool and all, but wherre would that place a release, in May? How would that work.

Well, the other possibility would be having the same scenario as X/Y, where we got the initial news fairly early but went on a major hibernation period.

But it is also possible that they are referring the current Direct reveals, since this month's Corocoro had nothing to do with them.

They also will likely reveal stuff about "Ash Greninja", since that's going to happen in December.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

To be fair, the majority of the "alleged" reveal things were hyped up by the fans, very rarely by TPC/Nintendo

For example

May 21st: There was crap going around that we'd get a new game revealed then. There was actually no official word other than an outdated LINE description. The fact we got Super Mystery Dungeon revealed then is just completely bizarre
E3: No hint for it
CoroCoro each month: Nothing saying about news
Worlds: No evidence of a reveal. Sort of my fault. I spoke about a theory I had and people took that theory as fact and spread it.
Nintendo Direct: Masuda said to watch, yes, but we got big news there. GRBY on the Virtual Console is huge.

Janovy

Banned
Masuda is on Pokenchi today, right?

Hypothetically, if there is a reveal there, then next CoroCoro could cover it. Not that I'm expecting anything, I honestly think it will just be about Masuda and music.

Aetius

So we will get big news on december, huh?
It might be anything so I won't get overhyped, but honestly I really hope that we will get a game announcement, or at least the official reveal of Volcanion. :D

Akashin

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Masuda has other ideas for how he intends to surprise us rather than shaking up the title of the next game. Putting aside what UltimateNinja said about the name just being a placeholder (which it definitely was up until the next season of the anime was announced, hence why many were calling it Z/XY2 or whatever else; these days, it's looking a little more likely that that is exactly what the next game will be called), does it honestly matter what the game ends up being called right now?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
at least the official reveal of Volcanion.

Yeah, I've thinking that they could reveal Volcanion next month as well. It would be very big and along with that, they could announce that it'll appear in the next movie, since a lot of December CoroCoro announcements are movie-related.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Just saw the news.

I just wish it's Z so we can finally get this over with.
But yeah, it could just be Volcanion and the upcoming movie.

Gotta keep my expectations low, even if I don't want to.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Boy, people are losing their minds over this.

With the amount of games coming out for the 3DS next year, I can survive in the delay of 'Z'.
While I hope the game is announced, movie news is good too. I did think they would do the same with Volcanion as they did with Hoppa, release almost a year later. Which may still happen, but movie promotion comes first.

We're calling it Z because, like some others here mentioned, XY&Z makes it seem like it.
And it's so much easier to denote than repeatedly having to type 'the next game' over a simple 'Z'.
Which is the least likeliest of an issue.

MiloticPrincess

loves Water pokemon
Please make it happen.... I mean, we're all expecting 2016 to have it released anyways, but please make it be that we'll FINALLY hear something. Even if they say "tune in for the next issue due out on January" would be enough to whet my appetite.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Chances are slim that it'd be Volcanion based on how they've handled movie reveals and then the focal point of the movie since 2002. People say we shouldn't pay attention to things that are determined as patterns, and I agree since most people make patterns out of 2 things. 2 things make a line, not a pattern. However, when there are cases for 14 years of how the movie reveals and associated Pokémon reveals are done, that is most certainly a pattern.

I will be very, very, surprised if Volcanion is shown next month

Torpoleon

Maybe CoroCoro is going to have information on the RBGY Virtual Console release. I know that is basically public information at this point and there really doesn't seem to be anything that needs clarification regarding it, but if it is in next month's CoroCoro, that would be the first time it is in CoroCoro, obviously.

MiloticPrincess

loves Water pokemon
What about Eternal Flower Floette? Remember that "flowers" hint we got earlier in the year for what's to come in 2016 besides Pokken and GO?

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Chances are slim that it'd be Volcanion based on how they've handled movie reveals and then the focal point of the movie since 2002. People say we shouldn't pay attention to things that are determined as patterns, and I agree since most people make patterns out of 2 things. 2 things make a line, not a pattern. However, when there are cases for 14 years of how the movie reveals and associated Pokémon reveals are done, that is most certainly a pattern.

I will be very, very, surprised if Volcanion is shown next month

So what do you think will be revealed in December? I haven't lost hope on Z yet.

Lord Zoroark

Master Tactician
I'm not so sure that the Direct will be spending any time talking about Z, especially since it's an American Direct. It's probably going to focus on hyping people up for Fire Emblem: Fates, Xenoblade Chronicles: X, and Paper Jam. Those are all games that people already know about, and priming the hype pump will help Nintendo capitalize on sales when they arrive. Z hasn't even been announced yet.

You can call me a son of a female Stoutland, but...
...Well, I told you so.