• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

NotABeginningTrainer

As much as I would like the dexNav to stay, it really seems like one of those things that disappears after one occurrence. I hope I'm wrong though.

GinGaru

I dont want the dexnav to disappear, imo it is the best feature that oras added to gen 6.
I really hope they would put a day care in a place easy to breed like the daycare in oras, so convenient

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Here's a bit of an interesting news...

Today, the official Japanese Pokemon website reveals that Machoke and Machamp are not wearing pants.

Yes, those black undies are not articles of clothing, but rather body markings.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Today, the official Japanese Pokemon website reveals that Machoke and Machamp are not wearing pants.

This thing seems quite interesting though. The same thing could apply to Throh and Sawk. Both Pokémon appear to wear articles of clothing which could possibly be body markings.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan

That makes some sense. How is clothing a part of a Pokémon's natural biology?

On the same sense, the white clothing Throh and Sawk wear are also not clothing but part of their body.

Edit: Greninja'd.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
*Super-conservative old lady voice*

I thought this was a children's series!

Letting those Pokemon parade around in the nude like that? How obscene!

They'll hear from my lawyers.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
This is simply not true.

Gen 3: Emerald only added Trainer Hill from FRLG. Didn´t add improved Pokemon League rematch teams, didn´t have a whole mini region for post game like Sevii Islands. Emerald on the other hand added gym rematches, not present in FRLG.

Gen 4: Platinum had VS Seeker, HGSS didn´t. HGSS had 16 gym rematches, Platinum had half as much. HGSS had Pokeathlon, Platinum had Contests. Platinum had Underground. HGSS had Pokemon following you.

Gen 5: BW had better plot. B2W2 had better post game.

Gen 6: ORAS has Soaring, Super Secret Bases, Contest Spectaculars, Dex Nav, and Z will not have any of said features, as they are Hoenn exclusive, Z will have customization and somethings not present in ORAS.

All those examples prove remakes and third version are COMPLEMENTARY, they offer different features, not present in each other, and vice versa.

I see you are trying to prove third versions are always better, but you shouldn't. They are objectively better than first pair games, but they are NOT objectively better than Remakes. Third Verions and Remakes are complementary.

I didn't say they were better than remakes. Not in one post. But I also don't consider remakes as in the generation they're introduced. I know that they technically are, but you have to think that they push for only the original gen Pokémon to be involved until post-game. So it is simply a remake in my eyes and not an extra in the current generation.
But it doesn't really matter. None of this matters. You're nitpicking a single word in a post to discredit someone's idea of subjectivity while you push for subjectivity. I admit, I did nitpick your post, but I only did so because you were being a pain. No one said "THIRD GAMES ARE BETTER THAN ALL OTHER GAMES" at least not initially. You had to get all defensive about something that wasn't meant to be offensive.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
I didn't say they were better than remakes. Not in one post. But I also don't consider remakes as in the generation they're introduced. I know that they technically are, but you have to think that they push for only the original gen Pokémon to be involved until post-game. So it is simply a remake in my eyes and not an extra in the current generation.
But it doesn't really matter. None of this matters. You're nitpicking a single word in a post to discredit someone's idea of subjectivity while you push for subjectivity. I admit, I did nitpick your post, but I only did so because you were being a pain. No one said "THIRD GAMES ARE BETTER THAN ALL OTHER GAMES" at least not initially. You had to get all defensive about something that wasn't meant to be offensive.

Then I misunderstood you, or you weren't clear enough... Everybody considers remakes as part of the Generation they are part of, so I didn't know you don't.

How exactly was I being a pain? Was I being a pain to you? Or did you answer to a comment of mine, that was directed to somebody else? Anyway, it was a misunderstanding.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

Everything I knew was a lie!

That's... rather interesting to hear, I always assumed it was clothes due to the belt. It kind of makes me wonder about some of the other Pokémon with clothing on them.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I like the little nod of the Timburr line being the Pokemon line that paid homage to the Machop line considering both lines are drawn next to each other.

Now all we need is a Machamp workout video to go with the Slowpoke Reggae.

There's a Commercial section on the site, but it's still unavailable. So yeah, we might be getting a workout, flexing or any muscle-related video.

LePetitMeow

CoroCoro's December announcement is only about two weeks away. Honestly, I feel like the only news will be for the movie, unveiling the first poster of it, and a basic teaser. If a new main series game were announced (be it Z, XZ/YZ, or X2/Y2 what have you), the release date would still be several months away (to June most likely, and even as late as September).

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
CoroCoro's December announcement is only about two weeks away. Honestly, I feel like the only news will be for the movie, unveiling the first poster of it, and a basic teaser. If a new main series game were announced (be it Z, XZ/YZ, or X2/Y2 what have you), the release date would still be several months away (to June most likely, and even as late as September).

They have never hyped the movie news in the way they hyped the next issue. While it's possible, there is still the feeling that something additional is here.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
They have never hyped the movie news in the way they hyped the next issue. While it's possible, there is still the feeling that something additional is here.
As far as "additional" goes, I have a feeling that the Ash/Greninja bond will probably play a role in trainer customization for the new Pokemon Z game. If my belief comes true, then the three Kalos starters, along with some other Pokemon presumably, will be able to bond with the trainer and take on the unique look of your customized trainer. It would certainly be the next level of customization that Kalos specialized in.

LePetitMeow

True, but I'm going to keep my hopes at a minimum. A main series game would be fantastic news! An unvealing of Volcanion would, too!

Torpoleon

Maybe they'll officially reveal Eternal Floette and reveal that it has a role in the upcoming movie (with Volcanion being revealed this upcoming February, like past Event Legends).