• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

dompidu

I can feel in my bones that this time CoroCoro will be teasing something worthwile. It has been so much time since ORAS was announced. So I think Pokémon Z or whatever It is will get a small teaser or kinda. It is only 5 days or so left for CoroCoro to be out. So keep the hype.
Ash-Greninja won't be anime exclusive. Now, It is called like that. But I think It is a bond like AZ and his Floette. And those adverts of Machoke and Machamp seem to be the same as Slopoke. So maybe, finally, Machamp will get a Mega like Gengar and Alakazam.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ash-Greninja won't be anime exclusive.

It has been said that Ash-Greninja is anime-exclusive but the concept behind it may be not.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Anime-exclusive won't stop it from being distributed as an event-only Pokemon.
Been saying it for weeks.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Anime-exclusive won't stop it from being distributed as an event-only Pokemon.
Been saying it for weeks.

Actually, that's exactly what "animé-exclusive" means.

What you are referring is the fact that Ash-Greninja is "created for animé", which is not the same thing as "animé-exclusive".

(This is just pure semantics but eh. I haven't been looking into this Ash-Greninja stuff since we are getting it soon.)

Edit: Compare Pink Butterfree, which was animé-exclusive, with Spiky-eared Pichu, which was created for animé.

MiloticPrincess

loves Water pokemon
Huh... this is all interesting. Zygarde and now Ash-Greninja are being promoted and showing up in other aspects outside of the anime except for the main series games. Didn't somebody on here mention how Sycamore made a comment in the Japanese sub how Ash-Greninja was a similar variant to Mega-Evolution? I'm wondering if "Ash Greninja" will also apply to Delphox and Chesnaught, and if so that it will be yet another new variation of Mega-Evolution. If so, I think it will be based from the default designs of the player characters and not the large amount of customization combos that exist in X/Y.

I feel as if something is going to give very soon.

dompidu

And if Zinnia is reappearing in next Pokémon main game? Zinnia starts with "Z" and It is a flower. Flowers were a hint that man of Game Freak told Nintendo World Report. It is possible that she is somehow related to Zygarde or ME and she has a special connection with dragon type Pokémon.

R_N

And if Zinnia is reappearing in next Pokémon main game? Zinnia starts with "Z" and It is a flower. Flowers were a hint that man of Game Freak told Nintendo World Report. It is possible that she is somehow related to Zygarde or ME and she has a special connection with dragon type Pokémon.

While Zinnia could very well appear in the next games, I need to mention that her name being a Flower means nothing

A lot of important characters are named after flowers, especially in the Japanese version.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
And if Zinnia is reappearing in next Pokémon main game?

It's possible. She did leave at the end of ORAS to find herself.

Zinnia starts with "Z"

And her Japanese name is Higana, which doesn't.

and It is a flower. Flowers were a hint that man of Game Freak told Nintendo World Report.

Most Pokemon humans are named after flowers or some kind of vegetation in the Japanese version.

Starting with XY, the English versions kept the theme naming in addition to the type puns.

It is possible that she is somehow related to Zygarde or ME and she has a special connection with dragon type Pokémon.

Nothing in ORAS suggests that.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan

I don't know about that. Zinnia seem to be more of an ORAS only character. Just because Zinnia starts with Z and is a dragon use, it doesn't mean she would return and she really only had a connection with Rayquaza. As for that flower comment, it is irrelevant as far as I am aware. We just have to wait and find out when the game is announced and released.

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
I think it's likely that Zinnia will return in the next Kalos instalment. Half of her team are Kalos native Pokemon, and at the end of the Delta Episode she appears to leave her Whismur behind to go travel somewhere. It'd also tie into the theme of life and death considering she lost a loved one. There are so many unanswered questions about her it would seem silly to not use the character at least one more time.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Nevertheless, that should not me taken literally. They could have meant that currently Ash-Greninja is anime exclusive.

Exactly. Remember when Mega Mewtwo Y was first revealed and was labeled then as Mewtwo's ''Awakened Forme''? And then, when X/Y came close to release or when they were released (don't remember), they finally revealed it was one of its Mega Evolutions? I highly suspect it's the same case here. A new mechanic tied to Mega Evolution?

R_N

Exactly. Remember when Mega Mewtwo Y was first revealed and was labeled then as Mewtwo's ''Awakened Forme''? And then, when X/Y came close to release or when they were released (don't remember), they finally revealed it was one of its Mega Evolutions? I highly suspect it's the same case here. A new mechanic tied to Mega Evolution?

actually I'm not sure if "Awakened FOrme" was ever an actual title

I just remember a long stretch of dancing around it. They'd label it as ????? or more baffling as a "new pokemon with some connection to mewtwo"

BCVM22

It was never officially referred to as "Awakened Forme." Apparently a summary at one point referred to it as "awakened forme" - as in a different forme that is "awakened" or changed as an adjective, not a proper title, like Origin Forme or Resolute Forme or Attack Forme or so on. Small difference but a big difference and people chose to run with the former for whatever reason.

7JayDee7

GrandmasterTactician
I have a feeling that the new playable character in Pokken Tournament will be Ash-Greninja after its presence in Picross.

supersarepi

I have a feeling that the new playable character in Pokken Tournament will be Ash-Greninja after its presence in Picross.

Only if it gets a name change, like what happened to Mega Mewtwo Y. We know that the new character has the letter "n" in its Japanese name, Ash-Greninja's Japanese name is "Satoshi Gekkouga". I do agree that it is likely though.

Especially since Ash Greninja's debut episode first airs the same day

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I don't really think that's likely, remember that Ash-Greninja is being built up to be something of a Mega equivalent form, so it wouldn't really make sense for it to be present as its default form.

Plus, as said before, why would they give the letter hint if it was just going to be something we never would've guessed otherwise?