• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
This is annoying, been hoping they would announce the 2DS' for the UK, then I get to the site and see not only the 2DS but also a 3DS. So it was decided, I would be getting the 3ds, but nope.....not being released in the UK. This sucks.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
So, do we have any details on what exactly the Pokémon Photo Booth app is? Guessing it is something that lets you take real-life pics with Pokémon in the background (kind of like what can be done with Pokédex 3D Pro), which would be cool.

We have no details. When we do, I'll add it to the site.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
This is annoying, been hoping they would announce the 2DS' for the UK, then I get to the site and see not only the 2DS but also a 3DS. So it was decided, I would be getting the 3ds, but nope.....not being released in the UK. This sucks.

3DS one is a coverplate though, not a themed 3DS.

Last edited:

MiloticPrincess

loves Water pokemon
Pokemon Go is the ad for sure. It would be just weird to air a major announcement at an event where non-sport gaming is not found.

I think the real question should be why are they doing a Pokemon commercial in general during the Super Bowl? Has this been done before? Most of the commercials and marketing during the Super Bowl are aimed at an older demographic(beer, man-things, cars, women, Star Wars, Marvel, beer... did I mention beer?) Pokemon obviously does have an older audience with stuff like the VGC, but it will still always be aimed at kids. What could possibly move TPC to spend 5 million bucks on ad for something like this? It ain't no side-game, I can tell you that much...

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
A lot of kids watch the Super Bowl. I remember watching it with my family when I was a little kid. Even then, people of all ages who aren't in to football watch for the commercials. It's a good opportunity to get Pokemon into the eyeballs of people who wouldn't notice it otherwise.

That said, if we don't get three Froakies on a log saying "Bud." "Wei." "Ser.", I'm going to be disappointed.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Glad they are making all the event Pokemon available, the only Pokemon I missed out on were Mew, Jirachi, Darkrai (sadly), Shaymin and Manaphy and also helps to ease the trouble of transferring them over from my old games. Not sure how Darkrai is going to get released in Australia since there are no GameStops there but we will wait and see.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
Sorry but when exactly is the Super Bowl? Around June?

If TPC are spendin that much money on a simple add, it could be important news.

However, I am sure a main series Pokemon game wouldn't be revealed there. It would always be revealed in Japan first. I would bet on Pokemon Go or Pokken, but I might change that bet when I think of a better idea. XP

PD: Wait... Super Bowl is connected to America. Unova is America.

Unova remakes confirmed.

Last edited:
The Super Bowl is February 7th. As others have said, I really wouldn't expect a new main series game to be unveiled during an American sporting event.

Using it to promote Go actually makes sense. The first teaser trailer for Go featured a lot of teens/young adults, and tying it into the 20th anniversary celebration can play on people's nostalgia. The Super Bowl viewers who may have loved Pokémon when they were younger, but drifted away from the franchise, probably don't even own a 3DS...but they almost certainly own a phone, and might be willing to give Go a try.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
The Super Bowl is February 7th. As others have said, I really wouldn't expect a new main series game to be unveiled during an American sporting event.

Using it to promote Go actually makes sense. The first teaser trailer for Go featured a lot of teens/young adults, and tying it into the 20th anniversary celebration can play on people's nostalgia. The Super Bowl viewers who may have loved Pokémon when they were younger, but drifted away from the franchise, probably don't even own a 3DS...but they almost certainly own a phone, and might be willing to give Go a try.

Even ignoring that we can easily remember the fact that Pokémon GO is created by an American company for predominantly Western and young Japanese audience, rather than appealing to the nostalgia of older games specifically as they are trying to do with the original games in Japan*.

*With a 2DS bundle and Mew event to appeal to younglings.

ArtFenix

Do they even think of the fans who don't live in caountries with gamestops and the like?! This is not celebration for everyone then. Why not just give codes for Mystery Gift and make the fans from all over the world happy?

I still hope they make a limited Pokemon Z green New 3DS XL.:)

DotKU

Champion
Wow a lot of news after it being so quiet. I'm glad they are finally starting to celebrate the 20th anniversary!! Though the thing that really was surprising is this super bowl ad! CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL OF THIS. Hopefully Z comes in 2016 too.

Serene Havoc

Is this mythical distribution via nintendo network wifi going to be US only?
Or can we get it anywhere in the world?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Do they even think of the fans who don't live in caountries with gamestops and the like?! This is not celebration for everyone then. Why not just give codes for Mystery Gift and make the fans from all over the world happy?

It could have been worse, they could have make it Pokémon Center exclusive in US.

That's how the Gen II events worked.