• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Genos

The Indigo Disk
It's weird hearing a talking Pikachu. 0.0

It's nice to see this game again. Hoping for a localization later on.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I was wondering what happened to this.
The video looked neat, might possibly get it when it's out.

Aetius

I'm certain that I will never buy Detective Pikachu, but I must admit that ita presentation video was kinda funny. XD

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
I actually forgot about the Pikachu detective thing. XD This looks awesome! I'm getting a sort of Phoenix Wright vibe from it. Which is weird because this Pikachu is a detective not a lawyer. Still Pikachu sporting a detective hat and a magnifying glass is the CUTEST thing I've ever seen in all my years as a pokemon fan! :D

This game had better get a localization or I'm gonna kick someone!

Patrick Warburton for Pikachu.

0vWyQ2f.gif

Yes, yes, a thousand times YES!

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I hope someone can translate the Detective Pikachu Video... I could be tempted to help.. again...

The video starts out with Detective Pikachu walking with his partner, and you can actually hear Pikachu speaking, saying: “It smells like a case,” “just where is he going?” “Let’s go check it out,” “are you okay?” and “let’s go, buddy!

The video then explains “the adventure of the two will begin, and the protagonist is…” followed by Pikachu saying “I’m not just any detective, I’m the detective!” and we get a glimpse at some of its gameplay footage.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
So I'm assuming with this title that means this little experiment is episodic, right? At 1200 yen, I would asse there would be roughly 4 episodes, which would roughly be the equivalent of an actual retail game. As for actual gameplay and the game style, I've been binging on stuff like Layton and Ace Attorney lately, so I'm freaking stoked. A Pokemin Visual novel based on crime solving is my cup of tea. Like I said as well, I can assume if this is episodic, then I can see them going for 4-5 episodes for enough content in a retail copy, whicj I would assume would be the way to localize it.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
This looks interesting, if only because it's taking itself a little too seriously and the premise is bizarre.

Really hoping this gets localized.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Lol, are you for real? Do you even believe what you are saying?
How is a clip of random kids running around and playing chess, and 4 seconds of gen 1 pokemon standing around randomly going to make people want to play pokemon again? Will people be like "wow that Gyarados was so cool, I should buy a game again...." No one does that.
If anything, it should have focused more on pokemon fighting and make an epic battle between 2 very known pokemon, at least that would have a point.

The presentation is a bit weak yes, but they definitely got their point/goal across.

You just don't get it.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So I'm assuming with this title that means this little experiment is episodic, right? At 1200 yen, I would assume there would be roughly 4 episodes, which would roughly be the equivalent of an actual retail game. As for actual gameplay and the game style, I've been binging on stuff like Layton and Ace Attorney lately, so I'm freaking stoked. A Pokemon Visual novel based on crime solving is my cup of tea. Like I said as well, I can assume if this is episodic, then I can see them going for 4-5 episodes for enough content in a retail copy, which I would assume would be the way to localize it.

Honestly though, an episodic release schedule would be good way to expand timeline throughout the generation until a proper sequel appears. That's how the Shuffle is working anyways(in terms updates, not in payment, haha).

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Another spin-off game? Seems like the chances of a main series game announcement is getting smaller each day. Looks interesting but I don't buy spin-off games anymore. As for the Super Bowl ads, seems weird that we got the extend trailer before that and 30 secs of that would be the ads for Super Bowl. Why show us something that we have already seen online?