• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Fairy Tale Girl

I like it, I just wish it looked less like Diancie. It's still a good design, though. Don't know if I believe it's gen 7 like so many other people seem to think. It just seems too early for a Gen 7 Pokemon, but I guess new gen pokemon have been revealed early before, so who knows?

AuraKshatriya

I'm thinking it might have been created to catch an otherwise uncatchable Pokemon (why else would you need a living Poke Ball?)

Hypothetical diagram of how it could transform into a Poke Ball :

Magiana Poke Ball v5.jpg

Creyk

I like it, I just wish it looked less like Diancie. It's still a good design, though. Don't know if I believe it's gen 7 like so many other people seem to think. It just seems too early for a Gen 7 Pokemon, but I guess new gen pokemon have been revealed early before, so who knows?

It does seem early, but it's either that or 6.5. Either way at least we are finally getting news, it's been long enough

Fairy Tale Girl

It does seem early, but it's either that or 6.5. Either way at least we are finally getting news, it's been long enough

True. I think Pokemon Z is most likely, personally. I don't think we'll be getting a Gen 7 game until at least second half of next year, but I could very well be wrong- I hope I'm wrong because I'm hyped for next gen atm.

XXD17

Draco rex
I'm thinking it might have been created to catch an otherwise uncatchable Pokemon (why else would you need a living Poke Ball?)

View attachment 15218

That would make a lot of sense...from a design standpoint, magiana clearly looks like a robotic French maid with the little cogwheel headpiece, puffy sleeves and twin tails. It almost makes me think of Rosy the robot from the Jetsons. Maids are meant to serve so it's more or less clear that magiana was created to serve its creator in some way. I would speculate that it actually has another form where it can actually capture powerful pokemon (cough Zygarde cough). What also intrigues me is the hole on its chest. It's blue and red just like volcanion. Maybe it needs volcanion's steam to power it up so it can transform?

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
I doubt this is Gen VII. Pokemon GO is going to be Nintendo's next big Pokemon project (hence the expensive Super Bowl commercial).

I'll betcha Magicana is justa Gen VI Pokemon that the data divers missed somehow, and will be some kinda feature (along with Volcanion) with Pokemon Z.

That would make a lot of sense...from a design standpoint, magiana clearly looks like a robotic French maid with the little cogwheel headpiece, puffy sleeves and twin tails.
This would also suggest it'd be released around Pokemon Z (if there is one), as that'd be a return to Kalos, the land based in French aesthetic

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Just because it's [assumed to be] a Gen 7 pokemon, doesn't mean a Gen 7 game is coming. We could very well see Magiana now, even a couple more Gen 7 pokes this year, and not see a game until next year.

Personally, even with its similarity to Diancie, its overall design does seem to differ a bit from the overall artistry of Gen 6. It honestly looks like it belongs in a different region.

I still feel it could be connected to Diancie storywise, but Gen 7 could itself be a continuation of Gen 6, just as Gen 2 was for Gen 1.

ArtFenix

View attachment 15218
Haha, called it!
Personal observation: Magiana's "ears" could fit in the bottom of her body where her legs are. I think she might turn into a ball form with the rest of her body and head going inside the bigger pokeball-shaped part of her body.

Genesect was enhanced, not created from scratch. Mew was cloned, so it was not made completely from scratch either since it was using Mew's DNA as basis.

Janovy

Banned
I'll betcha Magicana is justa Gen VI Pokemon that the data divers missed somehow, and will be some kinda feature (along with Volcanion) with Pokemon Z
So the hackers basically dug through every single piece of data but somehow missed this? I doubt it.

Magiana is a new edition and does not exist in the data of any existing games.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Datamining in XY and ORAS is very thorough, this Pokemon definitely wasn't in the game to begin with or we'd have known for sure, it's likely that they designed this Pokemon later in Gen 6's development (perhaps after XY). With ORAS they definitely have learned they can now add moves, abilities and form changes that were just straight up not in the previous game so adding an event Pokemon in "Z" would not be unlike ORAS adding all the new Megas and Hoopa-Unbound.

In short, I don't think at all that this hints a Gen 6.5 (honestly ORAS technically was a Gen 6.1 though) or even 7, this is just another Gen 6 event Pokemon they added later. I could be wrong though at the moment that's what it looks like to me. We'll just have to wait and see what happens there.

Last edited:

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
I'll betcha Magicana is justa Gen VI Pokemon that the data divers missed somehow,

We know this isn't true because no such data for this Pokemon was found on the cartridges period. No name to suggest it, no model, nothing.

This is our first look into the next gen.

Last edited:

Ichneumon

I don't think Pokemon Go is going to replace a Gen 7 pokemon game. Pokemon Go is being developed by Niantic, not by Game Freaks. It's unlikely that Game Freaks isn't working on a new pokemon game.

Rio!

Composer
Because the fairy type is collectively Gamefreak's Creator's Pet right now and they're throwing fairy typing at everything. Not to mention that it's whole aesthetic of big moe eyes, princess iconography and the fact that it oozes pink and sparkly is completely in line with how fairy types are categorized. It's not a big leap to make.

As much as the thought makes me cringe, I can see this happening as well. I mean, with only a grand total of three different evo lines (Sylveon being a weird case) and 5 one-stagers. The only Pokemon that seems to have struck a nice balance between the sparkly/cool without overdoing it.

Regardless, this 'Magiana' still comes across as being a late-comer to the Kalos region with a potential connection to Volcanion. How that's handled in-game is a different matter entirely. Alternate Kyurem, Resolute Keldeo, and Genie Trio forms certainly weren't found in the Black/White games so it's entirely plausible. Guess there's not much more to it until more information about the next main-series game will be released.

Mokepon22

If Magiana is indeed a Gen VI Pokémon, then I'm actually impressed that Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion were found, but not that little rabbit fairy thing.
Now, suppose that it's a Gen VII Pokémon, that would mean the next pair will be either this year at the earliest or 2018 at the latest. Munchlax was revealed in 2004, 2 years before DP's Japanese release, whereas Zorua was revealed around 7 months before BW's Japanese release.

Magiana wasn't programmed in XYORAS that's why it wasn't found, just like Hoopa-U wasn't programmed in XY. It's weird how if GF is planning for a new mythical Gen VI pokemon but didn't want it found in previous games then why put Diancie, Hoopa & Volcanion in the previous games

On the other hand, how badly do you have to mess up to forget to add one more Pokémon before completing the game.

Lol this would be as bad forgetting to remove certain data from the ORAS demo

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
The thing is gen 7 could be around the corner. We won't know as Game freak/Nintendo have been pretty unpredictable with Pokemon games lately. We could even have a Diamond and Pearl remake coming :'D.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
With more details released on Magiana, the Pokémon somewhat reminds me of a mechanical Diancie and like how it's made reminds me of Golett/Golurk. Simply a man-made princess but I guess humans may have abused it in some way.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Late to the party, but I finally saw this.

Personally, while I'm not saying this is definitely the case, I am really hoping that this is our first solid hint of Gen 6.5.

For those Gen 6.5 naysayers who say that even if they did do a Gen 6.5, it would still be Gen 7, I want to point out that there's more to a generation than new Pokemon. The term generation is also used to describe the engine that a group of games run on, as well as the overall focus of that group of games. If Z Version where to introduce another half a region, it would still be made with the same engine as X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. It would still focus on the Kalos Region and its story. It would still be Gen 6, hence the term Gen 6.5.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Late to the party, but I finally saw this.

Personally, while I'm not saying this is definitely the case, I am really hoping that this is our first solid hint of Gen 6.5.

For those Gen 6.5 naysayers who say that even if they did do a Gen 6.5, it would still be Gen 7, I want to point out that there's more to a generation than new Pokemon. The term generation is also used to describe the engine that a group of games run on, as well as the overall focus of that group of games. If Z Version where to introduce another half a region, it would still be made with the same engine as X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. It would still focus on the Kalos Region and its story. It would still be Gen 6, hence the term Gen 6.5.

Sorry but there is no hint of gen 6.5. This pokemon seems to indicate gen 7 more. I guess Game Freak felt the need to move on from gen 6. This new pokemon is going to star in the new movie with Volcanion which sounds like Zygarde won't be in it.