• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Prince Umbreon

Starfish and Coffee
Gonna be staying up all night to make sure I'm awake to watch the Direct stream. No regrets.

Soleli

I feel like despite the NX coming - Sun and Moon have a lot of potential to expand on the engine found in X/Y on the 3DS and make it better

Fulisha Light

Hoping for Hati and Sköll roaming legendaries in Sun and Moon~ or at least hoping that the Direct will be about Sun and Moon and not something else.

if they're on the 3DS I'll be so stoked because people seem to forget the huge difference there was in quality between DP/HGSS and BW/2. the 3DS is more powerful than what XY showed, ****, even ORAS improved a bunch quality wise over XY so if a new gen on the 3DS happens I have high hopes for Gamefreak to make it look and feel beautiful

I really hope they make the edges of the graphics in the overworld less square and more rounded out; it'd improve the graphics by a lot, and I felt like if ORAS did this (particularly with the puddles) it'd make the game more beautiful to explore.

Pocoman

Deviant Art Trainer
I really hope we get Gen 7 with new evolutions for past mons. Oh! And give us a Dark Type Gym already! Lol

I've been wanting this so much. My dream generation would be an amount of new Pokémon as Gen V, but with the same percentage of crossed evolutions as Gen IV had, because now there's 6 generations that could get new evos or pre-evos. Sadly I think we'll only get a bunch of megas, if any, and that bugs me because some of the mega evolution could've perfectly been new Pokémon altogether, like Mega Mawile. Plus if it's true they wanted to make things simpler for Gen VII, I don't think we'll get more than 80 new Pokémon in total.

Wii U says hi. Things change after all

I totally forgot about this!! I think it's gonna be for the 3DS, but a WiiU title would be awesome, definitely.

eworm

Imagine me a little animated trailer piece... Showing Lysandre.
He's in a wheelchair, a defeated man, a shadow of his former self. He is alone in Geohenge Town, looking at the ruins of the ultimate weapon, his destroyed dream for a better world.
Suddenly, a man approaches him. We don't see his face, but then he speaks. He claims to be of the same mind as Lysandre - he too believes the world is full of worthless fools who will soon lead it to ruin - and he offers to help.
"In your state, it is impossible to save this world alone" says the man. " But if you give me and my associates a place in the new world, we'll help you create it. We'll help you wipe the state clean".
Lysandre turns to him, his eyes scanning the man's face. He then glances once again at the destroyed weapon and determination returns to his eyes.
"Very well" he says. "I will trust you".
He shakes hands with the man.
"You will not regret it" says Giovanni.

Bariokie

rock dog
Imagine me a little animated trailer piece... Showing Lysandre.
He's in a wheelchair, a defeated man, a shadow of his former self. He is alone in Geohenge Town, looking at the ruins of the ultimate weapon, his destroyed dream for a better world.
Suddenly, a man approaches him. We don't see his face, but then he speaks. He claims to be of the same mind as Lysandre - he too believes the world is full of worthless fools who will soon lead it to ruin - and he offers to help.
"In your state, it is impossible to save this world alone" says the man. " But if you give me and my associates a place in the new world, we'll help you create it. We'll help you wipe the state clean".
Lysandre turns to him, his eyes scanning the man's face. He then glances once again at the destroyed weapon and determination returns to his eyes.
"Very well" he says. "I will trust you".
He shakes hands with the man.
"You will not regret it" says Giovanni.

Nuh huh thats some movie plot stuff. We are talking about a 30 sec trailer not an autobiography.
We could have stuff like this though if they are doing animated trailers like they did for BW2.

Soleli

I am betting we will have a trailer very similar to the X/Y one aka showing off the Legendaries and the starters.

Ichneumon

I've been wanting this so much. My dream generation would be an amount of new Pokémon as Gen V, but with the same percentage of crossed evolutions as Gen IV had, because now there's 6 generations that could get new evos or pre-evos. Sadly I think we'll only get a bunch of megas, if any, and that bugs me because some of the mega evolution could've perfectly been new Pokémon altogether, like Mega Mawile. Plus if it's true they wanted to make things simpler for Gen VII, I don't think we'll get more than 80 new Pokémon in total.

I totally forgot about this!! I think it's gonna be for the 3DS, but a WiiU title would be awesome, definitely.

Masuda did say Pokken was what the future of Pokemon would look like. Now if he meant it as Pokemon going HD with the main series on a home console or just Pokken looking like that is a mystery. If we look at how it has been handhelds always come out before Nintendo's home consoles and most signs are pointing to NX being home console so a test on Wii U could be cool.

As for the reveal this could actually in a way destroy a 2 things.

1.The concept of a gen getting more than one game in a gen if this is not Z or XY2

2.The concept of gens itself which is a fan made term. They could instead just decide to do things like new region but no new pokemon,old region new pokemon,remakes new pokemon. Seems Masuda is trying new things and it began with BW2. Though this will be decided if Z/XY2 is not shown. If it is South Kalos with 40 to 50 new mons I am curious how fans would handle that. Since it would not be a new gen in a typical fashion.

Also wonder if we could get a game that does not focus on gyms/leagues but more of a jrpg quest like FF or something in the style of Persona (Which Masuda has been saying his daughter is a fan of so maybe he will take inspiration)

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
So... I came across this image at NeoGAF.
It's interesting to see that France was actually split in half and Kiloude being an "example" of Southern Kalos.

I really starting to think that the Anistar Sundial may be related to this Sun/Moon thing, with the Moondial found on South Kalos.

I just love speculation...
Worth requoting imo - near bit of speculation I feel. If people read into it well like so, my bet would be on a gen six game not unlike B2W2 - a game set in an expanded Kalos featuring the southern area. It's also supported by the starting segment of Kalos being 'Central Kalos' too iirc.

Looking forward to just discussing Pokemon with a bunch of people in the next four hours until Direct, that's part of the fun imo. =)

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I'm not sure how people feel about this but I hope Mega Evolutions die in Generation VI and don't continue in Pokémon S&M (if it is in fact the start of Gen VII). RIP

Navarch

One thing I've been really curious about is a release date. I wouldn't be surprised if we got some sort of May release...it's sort of early, but people have been on Nintendo/Game Freak's tails about this for a while. Sometime this summer is what I'm betting on.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm not sure how people feel about this but I hope Mega Evolutions die in Generation VI and don't continue in Pokémon S&M (if it is in fact the start of Gen VII). RIP
1. Good or not, Mega Evolution is likely going to be a staple for now on. (I really doubt they would throw out any designs they've made.)
2. Can we just say sun/moon for now on? If you want to be lazy, Su/Mo.

Navarch

1. Good or not, Mega Evolution is likely going to be a staple for now on. (I really doubt they would throw out any designs they've made.)

What's wrong with S&M or SM? Are people that childish?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
What's wrong with S&M or SM? Are people that childish?
Type that in to a Google search and see what results you get. There is an overwhelming result that becomes prevalent.
It's not like it doesn't come across a certain way...

Nostalgia Critic: "Stop saying "F***ytown!" It's a G-rated flick. Learn to pronounce your N's! "

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue

No. We have used this terminology since Gen I. If "Pokémon DP" was not an issue then "Pokémon SM" is just fine.