• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
There's like 20 seconds of teaser:

- New Pokemon Centre design.
- Cars? Looks like you can carry Pokemon in trucks.
- A hotel location.
- Possible new ingame models?

So in summary:

Nothing new on Sun or Moon yet. It will have both Chinese languages available for use in the game.
Gen I to Gen VI transfer possible through Pokémon Bank and the VC versions of RBY.

Caught a few screen captures. Give me a sec...

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Welp. I'm not coming back until more confirmation. You guys are prematurely confirming nothing and it's getting on my nerves. Later.

xEryChan

Demon Child
So, Sun and Moon were confirmed? Did they say if it's a part of Gen. 6 or is it a new Gen? I wasn't able to watch the announcement.

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle
Biggest disappointment ever, really. I get that "black and white" doesn't mean a 3rd version should be Grey... but you can't call the games XY with legendaries called Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde (and even call the movie "pokemon xy... and z") and NOT make a Z version. I was expecting to play that game...

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
When exactly is Holiday 2016 though?
Winter?

Poor Zygarde though.

Poor poor Zygarde. Unless he's featured heavily in Sun and Moon (which, heck, I don't know) he's gotten the shaft : /

Kalosian

So long
So that was it. At least we did get to know something.

Sun and Moon are the new games and they will be released later this year. YES! Looking forward to them.

"Holiday 2016? Too vague but we will get to know exact dates eventually. Hopefully this gives me time to complete everything I want to do in OR/AS.

The videos showing the history of the franchise were neat too.

I really didn't expect the RBY(G) 3DS releases to be compatible with Bank, that was unexpected to say the least. Still don't think I'll be getting any of them but if they can add something new and interesting to Sun/Moon, then maybe...

Questions still remain though. Are Sun/Moon going to be Gen 6, Gen 7, "Gen 6.5" or something completely different? I guess we will find out eventually.

ebevan91

So, Sun and Moon were confirmed? Did they say if it's a part of Gen. 6 or is it a new Gen? I wasn't able to watch the announcement.

Literally all they said was Pokemon Sun and Moon Holiday 2016 and said absolutely nothing else about it except that the Chinese languages will be available.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Me before direct: I might get Pokemon Blue later, maybe...
Me after direct: I will definitely get at least one of those games.

Last edited:

CaptainSkarr

Lovely Bay
That was sad. We learned nothing new. And someone please tell me what's so great about transferring Pokemon from RBY to Sun and Moon? There are no exclusive poke in RBY that we can't access today. This would have been bigger news back in the days of Ruby and Sapphire. Today, not so much. Anyway, it was exciting to see the sketches in the trailer of what may be the new games. Let's hope they really make it good. X and Y were pretty lackluster games.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
So is there going to be an official hype/news thread for Pokémon Sun/Moon?

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
There now everyone can be happy having the ability to transfer their Pokemon from R/B/Y and be able to play them in the current games. I honestly would have settled for the addition of wireless trading/battles, but I'm happy they're making it possible to bring Pokemon from the first series into the current games.

Pokemon Sun & Moon are confirmed, those screen shots went by pretty fast. I believe I saw a new design for the Pokemon Centers. Don't know if that 3D model was fletchling or a new bird POkemon.

I'm excited, can't wait for new info on Pokemon Sun & Moon. Kind of glad it's coming to the 3DS, yet depending upon what the NX really is I might be getting it especially if the main Pokemon series is playable on it.

Cutty

Forever now
Holidays, Summer or winter?

Probably December near Christmas.